Stuff That Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread

djkm77
Community Member

Re: Stuff That Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread

Postby djkm77 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks guys, its been a really long week. We lost two more Saturday night in a car accident. We have been talking about my city being cursed for years and my buddies Facebook post pretty much sums up the hell hole i am from.

This also sums up why I have so many hobbies like fire pro and try to fill up my time. Gotta keep my mind moving.

"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 pm

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 am

Level wrote:Thoughts on this laptop?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-predat ... Id=5833412

Expensive.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

MrRezister
Community Member

Postby MrRezister » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 am

Did you guys see the thing with United Airlines kicking that guy off the flight? It's shocking on a couple of levels. First, it's crazy to me that United can (and apparently WILL) call police in to kick you off of a flight that you have already paid to be on. This makes United look like a shitty company who doesn't give a fuck about their customers. Not cool.

But also, what's the deal with this guy throwing a shit fit over getting bumped? I understand it's inconvenient, but Jesus dude! You're an adult, how are you going to attempt to fight with the police over this? He seriously was acting like a spoiled brat. I don't understand what is wrong with some people, maybe those stupid radio commercials really aren't inflating the autism numbers. I would be embarrassed to know that guy.

I think it's crazy expensive and begging to be stolen.

But it's awesome for gaming if that's what you're into. I built a decent gaming/HTPC box with an 1151 slot i5 and r9 380 last year for less than $800. It's not the latest and greatest, but it does everything I need it to.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:26 pm

MrRezister wrote:Did you guys see the thing with United Airlines kicking that guy off the flight? It's shocking on a couple of levels. First, it's crazy to me that United can (and apparently WILL) call police in to kick you off of a flight that you have already paid to be on. This makes United look like a shitty company who doesn't give a fuck about their customers. Not cool.

But also, what's the deal with this guy throwing a shit fit over getting bumped? I understand it's inconvenient, but Jesus dude! You're an adult, how are you going to attempt to fight with the police over this? He seriously was acting like a spoiled brat. I don't understand what is wrong with some people, maybe those stupid radio commercials really aren't inflating the autism numbers. I would be embarrassed to know that guy.

I think it's crazy expensive and begging to be stolen.

But it's awesome for gaming if that's what you're into. I built a decent gaming/HTPC box with an 1151 slot i5 and r9 380 last year for less than $800. It's not the latest and greatest, but it does everything I need it to.

The United thing is all jacked up. They were wrong and so was he. They could have put their people on another flight or something. This is the result when a bunch of adults act like children. He didn't deserve to get busted up like that in my opinion. But man it just sucks all around.

Theft is not something that I have to be concerned about. I just want a good gaming laptop that will play everything for the next few years and I don't want to build anything. I'm at a point in my life when its easier to throw money at things than to do them myself. While I don't mind paying whatever, I want to know what is a good buy and what isn't.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

I hate this kind of chicken

Image Image

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 pm

I just had my credit card shut off for buying products from China. The hilariously ironic part is the only people I can contact to try to get it turned back on are in India.

So it's ok if gigantic banks can outsource and undercut US wages but I as a consumer can't save a few bucks buying products from China.
Links To My Saves

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Postby SpiderFab4 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 am

djkm77 wrote:I just had my credit card shut off for buying products from China. The hilariously ironic part is the only people I can contact to try to get it turned back on are in India.

So it's ok if gigantic banks can outsource and undercut US wages but I as a consumer can't save a few bucks buying products from China.

Oh so you really did buy stuff from China. At first I thought your number was stolen and used by someone in China. I'm guessing they thought your number was stolen, that's why they shut it off.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:54 am

SpiderFab4 wrote:
djkm77 wrote:I just had my credit card shut off for buying products from China. The hilariously ironic part is the only people I can contact to try to get it turned back on are in India.

Oh so you really did buy stuff from China. At first I thought your number was stolen and used by someone in China. I'm guessing they thought your number was stolen, that's why they shut it off.

That's what I thought too until I read up on them not letting people use their cards on Chinese sites. Originally I had to call just to put the orders in but now they won't let me use my card at all. The only way to get my card turned back on is to call and talk to people in broken English. I literally can't understand half of what they say and they have to spell everything I say back to me. It's no big deal just funny to me they can get away with paying people in India shit but I can't find a better deal on goods in China.

Speaking of hating big corporations I was with a friend last night who beat cancer as a kid most likely caused by Proctor and Gamble. At his cancer camps as a kid he realized half the kids there all lived near their factory. Scary shit but thanks to him I just found out the skating rink I have been bringing my son to learn how to ride his bike is loaded with asbestos.
Links To My Saves

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Spring Workout season has begun again. Actually it began again for me a few weeks ago when we lost all our snow and our roads finally cleared up. Pretty much the same routine I always do, I've changed up my weight lifting routine. Totally cutting out deadlifting and barbell lunges now. Puts too much pressure on the spine so I don't need to be doing anything that could keep me home with an injury. Cutting out the diet pop finally this year. I take several 1 liter skim milk cartons to work with me now and have worked back up to my 12 mile walks on non workdays and 6 mile walks on days I do work. Now to work on cutting out energy drinks. I've already cut them back to sugarless ones.

Actually had to buy a new copy of my Body For Life workout book because I had used my original copy so much it fell apart. I actually found a brand new copy on Amazon for only a couple cents while it's still fairly expensive in stores.

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Nth wrote:Spring Workout season has begun again. Actually it began again for me a few weeks ago when we lost all our snow and our roads finally cleared up. Pretty much the same routine I always do, I've changed up my weight lifting routine. Totally cutting out deadlifting and barbell lunges now. Puts too much pressure on the spine so I don't need to be doing anything that could keep me home with an injury. Cutting out the diet pop finally this year. I take several 1 liter skim milk cartons to work with me now and have worked back up to my 12 mile walks on non workdays and 6 mile walks on days I do work. Now to work on cutting out energy drinks. I've already cut them back to sugarless ones.

Actually had to buy a new copy of my Body For Life workout book because I had used my original copy so much it fell apart. I actually found a brand new copy on Amazon for only a couple cents while it's still fairly expensive in stores.

I replaced my energy drinks with Kombucha. I know it's not the same but it sure can give you quite the natural kick without the chemically enhanced vitamins that are most likely cancerous.
Links To My Saves

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 pm

djkm77 wrote:
Nth wrote:Spring Workout season has begun again. Actually it began again for me a few weeks ago when we lost all our snow and our roads finally cleared up. Pretty much the same routine I always do, I've changed up my weight lifting routine. Totally cutting out deadlifting and barbell lunges now. Puts too much pressure on the spine so I don't need to be doing anything that could keep me home with an injury. Cutting out the diet pop finally this year. I take several 1 liter skim milk cartons to work with me now and have worked back up to my 12 mile walks on non workdays and 6 mile walks on days I do work. Now to work on cutting out energy drinks. I've already cut them back to sugarless ones.

I replaced my energy drinks with Kombucha. I know it's not the same but it sure can give you quite the natural kick without the chemically enhanced vitamins that are most likely cancerous.

Is that something normally in stores or do you have to order it? I've never heard of it before.

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 am

Nth wrote:
djkm77 wrote:

Is that something normally in stores or do you have to order it? I've never heard of it before.

It's getting a whole lot easier to find now. Mostly in health food stores but also in WholeFoods and Trader Joe type stores now. Running into a lot of people that brew their own too.
Links To My Saves

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Weird morning here in Toronto, some women is stuck up on a crane, and is playing out live on TV, she has been up there 5 hours, she must have slid down the cable, what a nut job.... :lol:

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/04/26/to ... wn-toronto

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 am

djkm77 wrote:
Nth wrote:
djkm77 wrote:

It's getting a whole lot easier to find now. Mostly in health food stores but also in WholeFoods and Trader Joe type stores now. Running into a lot of people that brew their own too.

I was asking around about it and using Apple Cider Vinegar was also recommended to me. I am going to try that, I see I can even get it by the liter on Amazon.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 pm

I've also started my workout back up. We'll see how long it lasts. I've always been bad at drinking water, so I bought a bottle that contains exactly the amount I'm supposed to drink on a daily basis (8 glasses). I cut out coffee this morning and have been sipping on this water, and I'm almost 75% done with it already. I'll reward myself tonight by drinking something that excites my tastebuds a bit more.

As to the workout, I'm looking to add some bulk, so I'm going with heavier weights and shooting myself up with anabolic steroids. My plan is to look like a long haired Iron Sheik but without the mustache. Well, back to swinging my Persian clubs...

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Since we're talking about working out...

Do women really like manboobs and 6-packs or is this just something that men do to impress each other in the gym?

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Old Baby wrote:Since we're talking about working out...

Do women really like manboobs and 6-packs or is this just something that men do to impress each other in the gym?

Women don't care what you look like as long as you pay the bills on time and don't annoy the shit out of them.
Links To My Saves

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue May 02, 2017 1:22 am

djkm77 wrote:
Old Baby wrote:Since we're talking about working out...

Women don't care what you look like as long as you pay the bills on time and don't annoy the shit out of them.

It's your bank account they are most attracted to. Why do you think every old multi-millionaire slug has a hot young trophy wife? If Hugh Hefner were a plumber he would've fucked three times in his life. And I say that with the utmost respect. If I suddenly find myself wealthy beyond my means I'll be dating a harem of twenty-somethings openly and unapologetically until I die. But until I win the lottery, it's back to the bench press...

Speaking of which... anyone ever tried the Slingshot? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4do4xXWMNlM

I've actually heard a few wrestlers mention it on podcasts and I've been getting the rotator grinding for a few years now. Thinking of giving the slingshot a try as it forces your elbows in toward your body and takes the stress off your shoulders so you're pumping with your arms and chest.

Also long overdue for picking up a weightlifting belt which will probably help my back out considerably, so will likely be ordering one of those on Amazon soon. EDIT: Just ordered a weight belt.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Tue May 02, 2017 7:02 pm

So then how do you get hot women without money or hard abs or great personality? I have a friend who wants to know.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Wed May 03, 2017 9:13 am

McDonald's are about to open a resteraunt in my town, trips to the park with my daughter's are about to get a whole lot more expensive. As to walk home we have to pass McDonald's, and if im honest I quite like the burgers from there.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Take a different route.
Image Image

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Old Baby wrote:So then how do you get hot women without money or hard abs or great personality? I have a friend who wants to know.

You don't. Rule #1 - Life isn't fair.

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 pm

ok
ImageImage

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:24 pm

jartry wrote:ok

Hi jartry @ @ :opo:

On a different note, something cool happened to me the other day. I was driving and I received a phone call from a bank I used to have a mortgage with. This lady tells me that I have to go and re-activate an old account I have there. I ask her how much is in it so I can determine if the hassle will be worth it. She says she can't tell me over the phone. I tell her that if there is only like $1.25 in it, there's no point in me driving 30 minutes to the bank and then 30 minutes back home. She asks me to go because it's worth it. So I go to the bank and it turns out I had a savings account with $320 in it. I had completely forgotten about it and to this day I can't remember when I opened the account or me making a deposit. I do remember going to the one that was closer to my house when I lived in the city, but can't remember anything else. Anyway, now I have $320.

Another thing happened some time ago. I was driving back home from a place that's like 1.5 hours away when I see this beautiful blonde girl hitchhiking. I usually don't stop for anyone in the highway, but she is clearly from another country and beautiful. So I stop maybe 100 meters down the road and she walks to my car. She opens the door and the worst armpit stench invades my car. Keep in mind that the girl is gorgeous, but she seems to not have bathed in a few days and probably doesn't have any deodorant in her backpack. The smell was like a dead man's armpit, but the man died a few days ago and the body is decomposing in sewage water. Anyway, I ask her where she's going and she says to Panama city, which is a 5 hour drive from where we're at. I tell her that I'm not going that far so we go our separate ways.
Image Image