The Bitching Thread

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: The Bitching Thread

Postby El Marsh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Not discounting the possibility that someone is actually that ignorant (trust me, I know better) but he was probably trolling you.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 pm

His whole thing started with him mentioning he was training at a small promotion to be a manager so I guess he took it insultingly. Shrug.

Also I doubt this was trolling based on the meat of the responses, dude just isnt good at debating lmao.

But seriously, in his description we'd have considered Vincent a manager to the NwO. Like, what?

Edit 2:
He clearly took this as an insult.
"No, it's cool, I'll just keep going to wrestling school and learning from people in the business, instead of using a video game to determine proper role taxonomy and form a basis for arguing pointless semantics."

Edit:
Its funny, because I enjoy debating. I just hate life when someone using a point in a debate that they're so plainly guilty of that it hurts (in this case focusing on the word manager).

I was in a discussion the other day about religious types screaming hateful things at people on my college campus. Someone's response to me was 'people just need to suck it up and move on. if you cant ignore other peoples beliefs and views then you're doomed!' - this was directed at the STUDENTS because the person thought they were just being whiny millennials.

My answer back was 'is this aimed at the students, or the religious people?' and it basically killed the discussion because the person had shot their own foot.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 am

This is why I hate people.

Welcome to the world, Sev.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:This is why I hate people.

Welcome to the world, Sev.

I've been here a long time, Im just fairly quiet about it. ;)

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Stripped a fill plug on the transmission of my Subaru and then SPOILERS happened at NJPW last night. Worst weekend ever.

ninjabrute
Community Member

Postby ninjabrute » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Severla 2.0 wrote:His whole thing started with him mentioning he was training at a small promotion to be a manager so I guess he took it insultingly

Pretty sure that translates to 'in someone's yard'.

If he's training legit and throwing that out like it's some credibility boost, then maybe the yard is where you should be instead.

Either way, sounds like a douche.

kikrusher99 wrote:Stripped a fill plug on the transmission of my Subaru and then SPOILERS happened at NJPW last night. Worst weekend ever.

I thought NJPW was solid. What about it made you mad?

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:29 am

ninjabrute wrote:I thought NJPW was solid. What about it made you mad?

Reading it back, that's not whay I meant. I didn't get to watch live and was spoiled by my buddy the next morning. I posted that when I was pissed because i still had to fix the car, while under the car. Didn't really read it back, I was just venting.

Honestly, I loved spoiler, I'm excited for wk12 :D

ninjabrute
Community Member

Postby ninjabrute » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm

ah ok that clears it all up.. likewise I think WK12 is gonna be pretty awesome.

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:27 am

So after a massive down/up day, chat dead, then revived, I have now learned that technology may be sentient, and it may not like me. Computer exploding in my face when?
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:03 pm

I yelled at my supervisor last week for being a bitch to me. I was doing my best to get everyone trained on a new VoIP system and was running into some bugs that needed to be worked out in the system. She's a person who has problems with anxiety, especially when it comes to any kind of change. Everyone else I trained was very positive, but she has been nothing but negative, argumentative and just difficult throughout the whole process. Criticizing me like I'm a child in front of my coworkers was the last straw. She is usually the type that talks over people and has to get in the last word, but I made sure that I talked louder and last while she stood there like a deer caught in headlights. On Monday I have to have a meeting with her and the director about the situation and how to move forward. I don't regret what I did, and I already told the director that if yelling at her is the only way to get her to treat me with respect then mission accomplished. I feel like I have all the cards in my hand, but it still weighs heavy on my mind. I'm not worried about a conflict because I can win that, but I'm worried about an uncomfortable work environment.

Mur-mai-der

Postby Mur-mai-der » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:57 pm

I went out of the bathroom after taking a quick washout, then my eyeglasses slipped through my fingers. Everything normal until I notice they broke by half PERFECTLY, and it wasn't even a really high fall (and they have fallen in WAYYY harder ways).

Simple as that. I'm almost blind now because of reasons.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:16 am

*bro hug*

I know what that's like and it really does suck, especially if you don't have a spare pair in your car. Hopefully you can get that replaced sooner than later.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

JDP
Community Member

Postby JDP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 am

I've been MIA for a couple of days because I had a gastro stomach virus thing.

I feel like a freshly squeezed toothpaste tube now.

My wife, and daughter also had it.

So my house was essentially a god damn crypt.
My Horrific Creations!: JDP's Delightful Grapplers

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:21 am

The surefire job I was supposed to have landed MONTHS ago still hasn't happened, and it's no fault of the hiring manager or anyone at the store. It's the fucking corporate bullshit above it all. "Hey we need this questionnaire filled out that you already did a while back... oops we can't FIND it anymore, maybe you can re-do it oops nope it won't let you re-take it because our system is fucking dumb as hell."

And now the hiring manager that wanted me in might not even be at the store anymore by the time I MIGHT be able to re-do said stupid questionnaire, so I'm right back where I started. With fuck-all to show for it.

I fucking HATE the goddamn job market.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am

Im on the 4th day of my body being exhausted from lack of sleep, despite somehow springing to life after only 3-4 hours of sleep (and failure to fall back asleep) and leaving me feeling WORSE the following day.

Took sleep aids on day 3 and it still didnt alter anything.

At this point I actually hope that I dont just keel over at work because people rarely pop in upstairs and my ass would just die alone :\

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Severla 2.0 wrote:Im on the 4th day of my body being exhausted from lack of sleep, despite somehow springing to life after only 3-4 hours of sleep (and failure to fall back asleep) and leaving me feeling WORSE the following day.

At this point I actually hope that I dont just keel over at work because people rarely pop in upstairs and my ass would just die alone :\

I "get 10 hours of sleep" every time I go to bed.

By that I mean, I'm awake for close to half of that because I can't stay asleep for more than two or three hours at a time. I hate it. It's been like this for half a decade, if not longer. I'm lucky if I can sleep for 6+ hours straight through without it being disrupted.

This is partially why I'm so irritable most days.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:51 pm

Im like that when I do actually sleep. I toss and turn a LOT.

I likely have sleep apnea, though. You may be the same.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:14 pm

:x
Last edited by Old Baby on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:
Severla 2.0 wrote:Im on the 4th day of my body being exhausted from lack of sleep, despite somehow springing to life after only 3-4 hours of sleep (and failure to fall back asleep) and leaving me feeling WORSE the following day.

I "get 10 hours of sleep" every time I go to bed.

By that I mean, I'm awake for close to half of that because I can't stay asleep for more than two or three hours at a time. I hate it. It's been like this for half a decade, if not longer. I'm lucky if I can sleep for 6+ hours straight through without it being disrupted.

This is partially why I'm so irritable most days.

Same with me. I'm a shift worker so switching between day and night shifts throughout the week really screws up any type of sleep schedule. Sometimes I don't even get to sleep between shifts and then as soon as I am off shift I will use one of my free days to sleep the entire day. I used to drink four energy drinks throughout a shift, but now I am trying caffeine pills. In almost six years though I have only ever fell asleep at work once and that was because I showed up with a sprained back and was sucking down pain killers because my supervisor at the time had given me a verbal warning for not showing up to a shift in a blizzard; but I could write a whole other post on him alone.

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Postby SpiderFab4 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Dental cleanings hurt.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Car battery died. Fortunately wasn't out anywhere when it happened and am still on my last few days of vacation. Within walking distance of my garage so it was a pretty quick fix, also gave my car the last oil change I will probably give it as well.

Hoping to have 15k saved up in the bank in a couple months time and plan to put 10k of it down on a new vehicle this summer. Can't complain about this one though. Almost never had any major issues with it for the 8 or 9 years I owned it and even without four wheel drive it got me through some major storms and one accident.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm so pissed. My girlfriend and I had an awesome weekend and she just texted me letting me know that she's got to work on Saturdays and Sundays now from 8 to noon which basically kills our Fri-Sat-Sun night sleepovers god dammit.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm such a goddamn idiot.

Have a really good college buddy getting hitched.

I made plans to come into town and attend, also catching up with the old gang.

Since I don't drive (bad eyes), I have to rely on public transit.

So, I book the hotel, talk up my friends and make plans, and buy the ticket into town. A hunch made me go ahead and book the return trip at the same time. Problem. The only bus that would have allowed me to attend the ceremony AND make it back home before work the next morning was SOLD OUT. :|

In the preceding weeks, I'd checked to see what bus I needed TWICE, never thinking "well, I might as well buy the ticket now." :facepalm:

So because I only took the one day off from work (long story short, due to life-threatening illnesses by 2 of the 4 employees, there is NO flexibility in scheduling, especially on short notice; the one day was a fortuitous miracle that I had planned months ago) and wouldn't get back into town the next morning until AFTER my shift started, I have to cancel the whole thing.

I am very, very, very, very, tremendously heartbroken by my stupid, arrogant oversight. In all of the years that I've used buses/planes/trains, I've NEVER encountered a sold out ticket on a Saturday night. Must have just been dumb luck but that made me confident that I could just get the tickets 1-2 days in advance and be fine.

:seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku: :seppuku:

I've looked forward to this day-trip for months but it's all undone now by my tremendous lack of forethought.

Been years since I've felt this rotten, not since I missed my cousin's wedding while he was IN town (about 15-16 years ago).
Guess I'll try not to eat myself to death tonight.
ImageImage

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm

That sucks to hear (gotta love jobs that book so close to the 'understaffed' line that something like that can happen).

Just buy a flavor of ice cream you hate, that way you take a bite and go 'fuck this' and stop eating haha.

Also, dont be like me: I managed to break the edge of a molar last night... on a french fry.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Drove home in a snow storm last night. Almost got stuck five times just minutes from my house. Actually had to pass my driveway because it was snowed in and had to drive for ten minutes on unplowed roads until I could find an intersection I could risk turning around in. Also ended up blowing one of the springs off my car, don't know which one yet, but I heard it go and saw it lying in the road. I'm only about four pays away from a another vehicle anyway. This one just has to make it until May.