The Bitching Thread

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Re: The Bitching Thread

Postby Professor Voodoo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Oh geez, well I can see I'd probably be hated in the office then, as I'm quite behind the times a bit huehue....
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Malcolmthebeast wrote:Fuck Ategai. Shit is disrespectful to The Rock. Not to sound like a kiss ass but dammit, I'm fan of his, just like "you're" of fan of Sting, Kenny Omega, Mitsuharu Misawa, etc,.

There should be nothing wrong with me expressing my opinion so two middle fingers (which is actually two index fingers in FPWW) to those who think it's a joke. Fuck out of here with this Ategai crap and if I see one Rock edit with Ategai, I have full rights to discredit you as an editor. I'm tired of the inaccuracy moveset of one wrestler and the 100% accuracy moveset of 95% of the wrestlers being created today.

Get fucked.

I've used this move with my own Rock edit though I gave the Rock a gay gimmick to justify his shoving his crotch into the guy's face :lol:

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Professor Voodoo wrote:Oh geez, well I can see I'd probably be hated in the office then, as I'm quite behind the times a bit huehue....

It's not really about being behind the times, it's about being intelligent and willing to learn. We had an older lady who was hired part time to help out in the office with little stuff like unpacking boxes, checking invoices, etc. She finally got to the point where she needed to start using the computer in order to remain useful. She was terrified of the computer, having never used them, but I was shocked by how fast she learned things because she was smart and willing to learn something new.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Fear is one thing, but being an asshole about it is another. We have plenty of people like that in my occupation that make other people miserable for their own shortcomings.
ImageImage ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:07 am

I came late to Mass Effect: Andromeda and thus have had a mostly enjoyable experience as the crippling bugs have been non existent on my playthrough (mostly due to latching, with some luck thrown in).

So imagine how shitty I felt when I heard this weekend that EA was washing their hands of the game and resolving all loose ends in.....wait for it.....fucking comic books.

I've comic books. I love video games. I don't like having to play the one to get the story from the other. Supplementary material? Fine. No problem. Bring it on. As the ONLY means to finish a story begun in another medium? Yeah Fuck that noise.

And Fuck EA for thoroughly shutting the bed with this from beginning to end.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Gentlemensgentleman
Community Member

Postby Gentlemensgentleman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:04 pm

The moment when you realize Fire Pro Wrestling World still doesn't have gradients and probably never will.

Gradients are the final missing puzzle piece for me to put Fire Pro Wrestling World over Fire Pro Returns. I can say I have changed my mind about Fire Pro Wrestling World significantly.

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Had to drop internet for a few months, due to financial issues. Having no/limited internet access in 2017 is weird.

kidcage
Community Member

Postby kidcage » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 pm

So went out last night to get some water from the apartment's water gallon refil station. Slipped in mud. Shattered my left knee cap.

Surgery Monday where I will get screws in my knee for life. First broken bone in my 33 year life. I decided to go big.

All this on the same day I had to buy a new laptop because the motherboard on my other one failed.

I'm actually pretty in good spirits, all things considered.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:45 am

Shit, man.
I wish you well with your surgery. Probably should have had some myself when I was in HS but lol, poor people.
*ahem*

Good that you're staying positive though. It's really easy to start feeling bad for yourself when you have a serious injury like that. Should that time ever come, just remember these words: "at least you are not a wanted criminal."
:P

Speedy convalescence!
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 am

kidcage wrote:So went out last night to get some water from the apartment's water gallon refil station. Slipped in mud. Shattered my left knee cap.

Surgery Monday where I will get screws in my knee for life. First broken bone in my 33 year life. I decided to go big.

All this on the same day I had to buy a new laptop because the motherboard on my other one failed.

I'm actually pretty in good spirits, all things considered.

Wow, that sucks bro, wish you well on Monday!
Good that your spirits are up! 8-)
I hate my wife at the moment, she is such a bitch...... :evil:

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 am

The job hunt. My god, the job hunt. I never imagined it'd be this hard to find employment, ANYWHERE. I've been trying to find something, anything, for like a year now. It's awful.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 am

^ugh
My sister is in the same boat. She's been on two 6-week temp assignments this year but her long-term prospects are hampered by her lack of personal transportation and there just not being many entry-level design jobs in the city. If she had the means to move to a better market, she would.

Regardless, I wish you the best. It's hard to go so long without steady income. I was out for 6 months once and it did a number on the ol psyche (which wasn't healthy to begin with at the start of that stretch).

By comparison, my gripe of the moment is small. It's about the aches of getting older and that familiar spectre of hindsight that pops up every once and again. When I was 16 years old, I took a helmet to my kneecap during a football practice. I spun through the air and all 270 lbs landed directly on my hip, bruising it pretty severely. Worse, my knee itself basically smashed in the cartilage, damaging it irreparably. Thing is, I didn't know this until three years and one more season of football later. Oh, I knew it hurt like a motherfucker at the time but I figured if I could walk on it that it would heal itself in time. Of course not pussing out on my team was a part of the reasoning as well. Instead of just stopping, I not only finished that season but I PLAYED ANOTHER FULL SEASON ON A GIMP KNEE. For such a bright kid, it was an incredibly stupid line of thought, one that I'm starting to really pay for now, 17 years after the injury. About once a week for the last 3 weeks, my injured knee (which hasn't given me much trouble in about a decade, outside of the odd winter ache) has completely given out on me. What I mean is that I'll take a random step, I'll feel a sharp pinch in it as it locks, then it fails to support my weight completely, resulting in me severely losing my balance. I still have pretty quick reflexes so I've never fallen and hurt myself from this (given that I have found a seat or handhold immediately at the pain) but as you might imagine, it's a terribly disconcerting feeling. Since my health insurance is good for next to nothing, I'm going to try to wait until the start of the year to see someone about it, in the meantime wearing a brace and ceasing any unnecessary physically strenuous activity. If it worsens, I'll bite the bill and go see a doctor in some remote location (since apparently nobody of repute in the city accepts my insurance) and go from there. Hopefully it's something as "simple" as a nerve being pinched in my knee and not something that could potentially lead to amputation. So yeah, that's my present kvetch.

Tl;dr I was a smart dumb jock who's now suffering for something that my own hubris exacerbated nearly 20 years ago

Hindsight is no friend of mine
ImageImage

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 am

I can;t believe muthefuckers are creating edits...I take them and do all the moveset/logic/skill/points and shit and then they steal my shit...update their edit and voila I get 0 credit!

I would've at least given credit!

I guess it's my fault and I'm not really upset because I'm happy users are playing with good representations of the wrestlers but this is the bitching thread so bitch bitch bitch bitch

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Fucking gum abcess, got to wait while Monday to sort an apointment. The bad thing is most stuff is free(in a way) on the NHS in the UK. Apart from dentists of which are really expensive. Luckily I've got myself some painkillers, and if they don't work I'll just drink beer. And possible time off work at the busiest time of the year. So I'm going to be a bit of a grumpy twat for the next few days, at least I can make an edit or two on Fire Pro.

Slim
Community Member

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Online dating. It taunts you with promises of matches if you invest money. Thing is, it's a scam to reel you in. I know this because I was on three dating sites for a number of years. With three profiles that were more or less the same. Two of these received no interest at all, while the third (I forget the name of the site) received a couple likes per month. Along with the promise that my "matches" would be revealed if only I would give them my credit card info.

Even if this is somehow true, dating sites that brag about how "free" they supposedly are, but don't allow you any practical applications whatsoever until you pay through the gills sicken and disgust me. :angrymob:

And then this fucking tinder. Great ballyhoo is made about this "free app." Get a cellphone, they tell me, get tinder, meet lots of women, they say. So I get the app, "like" a lot of girls, but as soon as someone likes me―I am prompted to their stupid $25 per month "gold plan" to learn her identity. Yeah, get tinder. The free dating app that isn't free. Give me a fucking break. :evil:

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Slim wrote:Online dating. It taunts you with promises of matches if you invest money. Thing is, it's a scam to reel you in. I know this because I was on three dating sites for a number of years. With three profiles that were more or less the same. Two of these received no interest at all, while the third (I forget the name of the site) received a couple likes per month. Along with the promise that my "matches" would be revealed if only I would give them my credit card info.

Even if this is somehow true, dating sites that brag about how "free" they supposedly are, but don't allow you any practical applications whatsoever until you pay through the gills sicken and disgust me. :angrymob:

And then this fucking tinder. Great ballyhoo is made about this "free app." Get a cellphone, they tell me, get tinder, meet lots of women, they say. So I get the app, "like" a lot of girls, but as soon as someone likes me―I am prompted to their stupid $25 per month "gold plan" to learn her identity. Yeah, get tinder. The free dating app that isn't free. Give me a fucking break. :evil:

I've had paid memberships with Match and with eHarmony. They both turned out to be a waste of money, but a lot of it is because I'm picky. On eHarmony, I had one date but she turned out to be way too weird and needy. On Match, I clicked "not interested" probably 95% of the time until eventually it seemed like the service was having a hard time coming up with legit profiles to match me with, so I ended up being matched with profiles that didn't have pics or were obvious scams. I did end up having good conversations with a couple women on Match who wanted to date, but I didn't feel like it would go anywhere so I bowed out. Most of my experience with Match was spent contacting women who either never read my message or read it and then just didn't reply. Still, I'm convinced that I would have made more connections if either 1) I presented myself as someone who had a successful career and a lot of money or 2) if I liked dating and was more open to meeting women whose profiles didn't really scream "she's the one".

Funny thing is, as soon as I cancelled my subscription to Match, I started getting e-mails about how there were all these women interested in me and inboxing me. Of course, you can only see the messages if you pay.

Tinder has been completely useless. Not even one like, which is garbage considering how utterly handsome I am.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Old Baby wrote:which is garbage considering how utterly handsome I am.

And you are disgustingly handsome.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Wonderland wrote:
Old Baby wrote:which is garbage considering how utterly handsome I am.

And you are disgustingly handsome.

freem
Everytime I am Particular

Postby freem » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm

I spend a lot of my hours trying to do fire pro stuff but it doesn't feel like it's enough; I clearly need to be modding the ever living fuck out of the game and not sleeping anymore in order to catch up. Save Tool doesn't really feel useful since there's always bugs in the program and I don't release updates fast enough.

also apparently any mod i need to make will need to break the game compatibility entirely, giving the developers a headache, but it's what everyone wants. fire pro world is completely worthless without gradients, after all, according to popular opinion.

(nevermind the fact that I should be spending this time trying to make my own wrestling game instead because syn sophia is never going to bring VPW back)

I'm just going to apologize for this post in advance, even though this is the bitching thread, because I know this post will piss some people off. I'm just sick of overworking myself, only for it to not be good enough.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Freem, a quote I heard from Dawnbreaker during a stream regarding your tool: what used to take 2 hours,now takes 15 minutes. I think that’s a huge accomplishment but I’m sorry you still feel that way
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am

freem wrote:I spend a lot of my hours trying to do fire pro stuff but it doesn't feel like it's enough; I clearly need to be modding the ever living fuck out of the game and not sleeping anymore in order to catch up. Save Tool doesn't really feel useful since there's always bugs in the program and I don't release updates fast enough.

also apparently any mod i need to make will need to break the game compatibility entirely, giving the developers a headache, but it's what everyone wants. fire pro world is completely worthless without gradients, after all, according to popular opinion.

(nevermind the fact that I should be spending this time trying to make my own wrestling game instead because syn sophia is never going to bring VPW back)

I'm just going to apologize for this post in advance, even though this is the bitching thread, because I know this post will piss some people off. I'm just sick of overworking myself, only for it to not be good enough.

As someone who has been pretty vocal about my disappointment with the lack of gradients it boggles my mind why anybody would give you grief over that. How does that make any sense?
Then again it boggles my mind how anybody would give you grief in general, after all the amount of work and time you've already invested in creating, maintaining and updating a tool that has already helped a bunch of pleople's transition to World by making it so much smoother and easier.
So yeah, if somebody bitches to you about the lack of gradients, or whatever they perceive as the right speed for updates, please tell them to piss off.
Because that's just ludicrous.
Dakota's FPW Gallery | Showcase only!
orochigeese wrote:Dakota's World of Joshi Puroresu turns FPR into Fire Pro R: Queen's Special.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm

If people are gonna bitch about the pace at which you put out updates, let them - they can whine and bitch and complain and whatever - that's just time wasted that they could have been spending on their own tools. I've dealt with this crap in the Skyrim modding community too. They don't know what they want. You give them something, someone will whine that one thing isn't working, despite everything you've done to ensure that it isn't. I've dealt with morons that can't tell the difference between a diffuse map, specular map, or a normal map, and telling them an excessive amount of times specifically what those are, they still don't understand. So, if they're not smart enough to use their brain, then they're really not worth my time.

Then again, I've been modding games for the better part of 20 years, so what do I know? I can get things to work properly as they're supposed to. If they don't, then I did something wrong, and it's almost not the author of the mod or program or what-have-you. It's almost always on the user's end that's screwed up. To this day, my Skyrim install is still buggy, it still crashes, it's a a colossal mess, but I deal with it because I know what I've done.

Anyhow - I know for a fact that, while I may not say it every day, that I'm thankful for the things people have made to help the transition from Returns to World that much easier. I probably would have manually ported most of my edits over at some point in the game's lifetime, but if it weren't for how easy the tool is to use, I probably wouldn't have ported most of my old edits over. As of this post, I have give or take 5 edits remaining to port (that I want to) left over. If it wasn't for the tools you've provided, then I'd probably only have a small handful of them completed. I'm exceeding lazy when it comes to porting things and I don't find it fun in the slightest.

Anyone that is still griping over gradients is a lost cause at this point.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Wait, someone is actually really seriously giving you grief over your contributions to the community? Fuck them. They do not represent the community. Mods, edits, textures... these are labors of love, not careers.

freem
Everytime I am Particular

Postby freem » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I should probably clarify one small thing about my last post...

The person who's pissed off the most about the save tool bugs and update speed (or lack thereof) is... me.

I can accept that traveling between locations is an unavoidable time sink, as well as my choice to actually do Windows Updates on the laptop for the first time in a year, but the depression and stuff that I suffer through shouldn't be keeping me from working.

(Though I have a lot of unrealistic thoughts about myself, at least I'm not delusional enough to believe that I should've had importing from non-Returns games working by now. :p)

my lack of modding-related releases, my disappointment with people who think Fire Pro World is worthless without gradients, and "I should be making the VPW successor we deserve" are all legit thoughts though. ESPECIALLY that last one.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:41 pm

On Reddit, guy suggested that WWE needs more managers and that any managers you do see are older. He uses The Singhs as examples of the only 'young managers.'

I comment that I dont even consider them managers, but instead just as WWE-Stooges (aka lackeys), because Mahal talks for himself and they don't do anything managerial in nature/theme.

The response is 'they still do Manager spots at ringside.'

My retort is 'then call them Valets. Nothing they do is managerial compared to, say, Heyman (or even Titus).'

I'm told I'm focusing on the 'manage' part of 'manager' too much and that Valets are only there for eye-candy and distractions. I'm focusing too much on the word itself, somehow. PLEASE KILL ME.

My last response was 'I cannot put too much emphasis on a word that is literally a descriptor.' I ended noting the guy is obviously umbrella-ing 'Manager' too heavily as 'interferes and does annoying shit at ringside' when, literally, Tag partners do this, Valets do this, Managers do this, Lackeys do this.

I suggested he simply call them 'Seconds' as Fire Pro does.

Why post this in here? Because I'm silently screaming in my own head how ignorantly stubborn people can be.