The Bitching Thread

NSL
Community Member

Re: The Bitching Thread

Postby NSL » Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 am

SkullTrauma wrote:I wanted to have STUFF 3 released weeks ago, but I haven't been feeling great mentally lately and haven't had the motivation to get the presentation shit together. At this rate, I'll procrastinate until after World is released, at which point no one but me will even care.

I seem to return to the forum at bad times, man.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 am

Had a scare with my external HD suddenly not registering. Every time I plugged it in to a different USB slot I got the device malfunctioning error. I was freaking out because this is the external I have all my TV shows backed up to. Unplugged the power from it, then plugged it in again and all is working fine now. Still put enough of a scare in me that I am picking up another external to make a duplicate back up for all the shows on it and figure I will use the rest of the space to back up all my Steam games.

My old mp3 player finally quit on me today at work as well. Lasted me a long time as well. Usually what ends up happening on my mp3 players is the headphone jack becomes loose and suddenly I lose sound in one of the earbuds, so I was impressed this one lasted as long as it did without succumbing to the headphone jack issue.

It actually died on me with a low battery and when I went to recharge it the computer won't recognize it. I turned it on and saw the bootup screen was all corrupted. The thing is probably packed full of stearate dust from where I work. I can blow into the headphone jack and see dust shoot out of it.

I actually have a pile of mp3 players. One for audio books, one for work and one for working out with. Looks like I'll be buying a replacement next pay and will use my work out player for work.

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 am

well thank you SONY for purging almost all of the THQ WWE DLC from my purchase list before I could download them on to my father's PS3 for archival purposes, shit was up there for years including up to at least august 2016.

where was/is your PS3?

Stolen after a slumlord locked me out of my apartment and hid from the cops. (turns out he was well known by the local cops for domestic disturbances & was arrested for vehicular assault twice...from now on if I ever move to a apartment again I'll do a background check on the landlord)

well didn't you back it up?

because at the time I could not afford a hard drive(hell I still can't) and I was under the impression that Ps+ deleted your cloud saves if you let your subscription expire also if I remember correctly the cloud save limit would not cover all my WWE saves and DLC

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 am

Internet use data caps are stupid.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:04 am

Well, here goes the silliest bitchpost in this thread.

I've been watching the TV series Young Justice intermittently for the past few weeks and I've made my way into the 2nd season (can't wait for the 3rd, which is supposedly in production). The second season features a recurring "point of view" character in the form of a bigoted anti-alien reporter who is basically trying to stir up as much shit as possible between the citizenry and the Justice League. Now, I'm a fairly intelligent and mature adult so I know the line between fact and fiction quite well and yet despite that, I am utterly reviled by this character (who is an obvious lampoon on 24 hr news muckrakers) that I.....I.......I think I want someone to murder him in-universe. Seriously, this character has to be the singularly most annoying fictional character since Jar-Jar Binks! Intolerance and ignorance, whether very real or completely fictitious just pisses me off to no end.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 pm

You think THAT character's annoying and wish-they-were-dead hate-able?
Try Sherri Shepherd as Anne Flatch on the NBC show Trial & Error.
I already disliked Sherri Shepherd enough BEFORE that show, but GOOD FUCKING GOD, I *HATE* her AND her character ON that show.
(Basically, Anne has a TON of rare-and-bizarre-but-real neurological disorders, with new ones that kept getting introduced with each successive episode, and the fact that that even occurred in the first place made me hate her more and more, both as a character and as an actress D:< )
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:26 am

^never watched that
I actually don't really watch TV, just Netflix a handful of times a year

Back to my last post, man do I feel stupid

Spoiler: show
I Should have fucking known that guy's annoyance was superhuman.
As it turns out, G. Gordon Godfrey was none other than Glorious Godfrey, agent of Darkseid :facepalm:

forgot that damn character ever existed
smh

Tim Curry's delivery really made him a thoroughly unlikable pos :lol:
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 am

Back in 2014, I bought 8 acres of isolated wooded country land so that I could completely indulge my reclusive tendencies. Saturday afternoon, a guy drives up to inform me that he bought the empty 5 acre patch right next to my house and intends to build a log cabin on it. Son of a bitch. I'm trying real hard not to go leap in front of a moving train.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:00 am

Old Baby wrote:Back in 2014, I bought 8 acres of isolated wooded country land so that I could completely indulge my reclusive tendencies. Saturday afternoon, a guy drives up to inform me that he bought the empty 5 acre patch right next to my house and intends to build a log cabin on it. Son of a bitch. I'm trying real hard not to go leap in front of a moving train.

If only this were a feasible option:

The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 pm

There's no godamn spinning lazer eyes tenzan square head!!!

Fuckin Bullshit I says! :doc: :doc: :doc:

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm

My PC that I've had since 2011 is starting to give me blue screen errors less than a month from the release of FPW!

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Woke up this morning.
Thought about making the big sleep.

Been a while since that's crept into the noodle.

Better now. Still shaken.
ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:53 pm

^so yeah, apparently I didn't take my mind control drug yesterday

I went to take it to day and noticed that I still had yesterday's packet tucked away

really kind of explains the shitty start

don't I feel stupid

>_>
ImageImage

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm

At least now you know where those thoughts came from. That would be pretty scary.

SluggBugg
Serious Business

Postby SluggBugg » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:20 pm

SkullTrauma wrote:I wanted to have STUFF 3 released weeks ago, but I haven't been feeling great mentally lately and haven't had the motivation to get the presentation shit together. At this rate, I'll procrastinate until after World is released, at which point no one but me will even care.

There will still be interest with FPR. I for one cant imagine ever putting it down. Plus im not porting over 500 fuckin edits! lol FPR and FPW will just have to find a way to share my time.
The EMPEROR of ELBOWS...The KING of KO's...The BIG BAD BOSS of BOWS!

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 pm

SluggBugg wrote:There will still be interest with FPR. I for one cant imagine ever putting it down. Plus im not porting over 500 fuckin edits! lol FPR and FPW will just have to find a way to share my time.

Very true, I didn't spend so much time creating edits to let the game gather dust now!

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:42 pm

What is this World game that you speak of? ;)

Spoiler: show
:sarcasm:

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:28 pm

My ex-gf calls me on Saturday morning and says that she's leaving for California and needs a BIG favor. That favor is that I TAKE OWNERSHIP OF HER CAT. Apparently, this cat is not reacting well to riding in the car, so I agree to take him and he's totally psycho. This morning he was wedged behind my dryer, so I had to pull the washer and dryer out while he hissed at me. Finally he jumps up on the dryer and vaults over my dog and disappears into the other end of the house. Damn cat.

Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Eep. You decided to do a favor for an ex, involving a pet no less? EEP.
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

(The best limits are no limits)

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Old Baby wrote:My ex-gf calls me on Saturday morning and says that she's leaving for California and needs a BIG favor. That favor is that I TAKE OWNERSHIP OF HER CAT. Apparently, this cat is not reacting well to riding in the car, so I agree to take him and he's totally psycho. This morning he was wedged behind my dryer, so I had to pull the washer and dryer out while he hissed at me. Finally he jumps up on the dryer and vaults over my dog and disappears into the other end of the house. Damn cat.

Well, I can only think of two things:

1. Eat the Cat.

OR

2. Stick it in a box and leave it on someones doorstep, it's their problem now.

Gentlemensgentleman
Community Member

Postby Gentlemensgentleman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:44 pm

The real question I find asking myself is whether to buy into this Fire Pro World craze.

Unlimited caw slots has me really excited. Not too impressed since I have dozens of memory cards to create as many edits as I want. HD quality sprites, slightly more excited but not too much. GM Mode is a possibility, not excited at all because I used pen and paper before, it just makes things easier. The thing that really gets me all hot and bothered is the fact this will be on PC. Mod heaven.

Everything else offered by this new game, I'm not very excited about. I have over 2,500+ edits on my memory cards.Why would I want to port that over? Then, we know that there isn't going to be a K1 match, I'm a bit annoyed but not upset. But I should be upset that they haven't added any new matches at all. At least yet. Then there will be far less wrestlers as well. ONLY 30 EDITS, REALLY? There hasn't been any mention of new heads or attires. Where are the new female heads and hairstyles? I'm tired of using male heads/hairstyles on female edits.

There seems to be more things taken out then being added.

All of this frustration and conflict over $15. Two or three days worth of lunch money that could be spent elsewhere, opportunity cost.

But this is more than $15. It is a question of where should I invest time, effort, and energy in. Where will I create the GGverse?

---END RANT---

I'll make sure I'll go take some meds after this.

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Postby SpiderFab4 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Gentlemensgentleman wrote:The real question I find asking myself is whether to buy into this Fire Pro World craze.

Unlimited caw slots has me really excited. Not too impressed since I have dozens of memory cards to create as many edits as I want. HD quality sprites, slightly more excited but not too much. GM Mode is a possibility, not excited at all because I used pen and paper before, it just makes things easier. The thing that really gets me all hot and bothered is the fact this will be on PC. Mod heaven.

Everything else offered by this new game, I'm not very excited about. I have over 2,500+ edits on my memory cards.Why would I want to port that over? Then, we know that there isn't going to be a K1 match, I'm a bit annoyed but not upset. But I should be upset that they haven't added any new matches at all. At least yet. Then there will be far less wrestlers as well. ONLY 30 EDITS, REALLY? There hasn't been any mention of new heads or attires. Where are the new female heads and hairstyles? I'm tired of using male heads/hairstyles on female edits.

There seems to be more things taken out then being added.

All of this frustration and conflict over $15. Two or three days worth of lunch money that could be spent elsewhere, opportunity cost.

But this is more than $15. It is a question of where should I invest time, effort, and energy in. Where will I create the GGverse?

---END RANT---

I'll make sure I'll go take some meds after this.

I'd been thinking about this for a long time now, whether we'd get as many edits made by people in the new FP game that we did with FPR.

I think we're all thinking the same thing, so I'll be the one to say it: Will DJKM be the edit making machine for FPW that he was with FPR? Obviously no one is going to force him too, and if he doesn't, there'll always be the FPR edits he made, and we'll all still be grateful for those. If not, will there be others stepping up? Will we get the wide span of real life edits from history to today? Will we one day be simming James H. McMahon vs Velveteen Dream?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I myself probably won't buy FPW until I see how many edit packs are being shared of real life wrestlers. That's really my want for this game. I can stick with FPR if not.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Unlimited edits means no more shuffling between memory cards, no more scrolling through hundreds of edits to find the specific names you want for your comp saves. You'll likely be able to just do a search for "Viro Small" without having to go to a forum and make a post saying "I've spent an hour looking through pages of edit packs and I can't find Viro Small anywhere." There'll be no more waiting for edit makers to fix their logic and then having to manually replace your old versions with new versions of the same edit, because in FPW your old versions will be automatically overwritten by updated versions. Finally, have you read about all the new edit tools? 9 layers per part? Face and hair are different layers? Four appearances per edit? It's a huge improvement over old games and I can't wait to see what some of the creative people around here can do with it.

As for DJKM, he's already said that he's getting the PC version of the game. Obviously I don't know his intentions, but my guess is that DJKM playing Fire Pro means DJKM making buttloads of edits, at least sooner or later. Remember it wasn't until the game was already out for about 10 years before he made James H. McMahon, so I wouldn't expect it too soon. FPR has been out for 12 years, so it's naturally going to be a while before we have access to the same depth of edit packs in FPW.

Gentlemensgentleman
Community Member

Postby Gentlemensgentleman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 pm

There was a guy on the Steam forums of the game who said he was going to bring back every single Fire Pro alumni. He seemed like he had a plan or was putting one together. I don't know what came of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/di ... 391472604/

It will probably be new creators that create the new packs mixed in with a few old ones. There seems to be a consensus among some of the FPR edit makers that they plan to be the last "hold out." They have no intention of getting FPW.

Malcolmthebeast
Community Member

Postby Malcolmthebeast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 am

Ategai still "exists". Fuck!!!!!
Slowly but surely building my E-Fed. Slowly, but surely. :twisted: