The Bitching Thread

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

Re: The Bitching Thread

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:44 am

You fucking idiot, you had a google drive account for years that you used for idiotic word doc back ups and a fucking dropbox for stupid videos & the SAME WORD DOCS but did you upload your over a decade old FPWR PSN save or your backup PS2 save folder? Noooo ofcourse not cause not, now look you got your PS3 & the laptop that had the files stolen...without the FPCPP you wouldn't have anything.

Now cloud up your shit..

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Postby SpiderFab4 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 am

On that note, I've been meaning to ask, what's a good way to back up text files onto the internet? Just in case something happens to all my computers and USB drives that they're all copied on.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:09 am

SpiderFab4 wrote:On that note, I've been meaning to ask, what's a good way to back up text files onto the internet? Just in case something happens to all my computers and USB drives that they're all copied on.

Pastebin might be a good choice. Also, you could essentially dump all your text files into a compressed zip and upload it to Google Drive.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:52 pm

The one thing I hate the most since moving back to America is Daylight Savings Time. It was meant for the farmers back in the day, it doesn't apply anymore. For 12yrs I loved not having to deal with that crap
Whoop that trick

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:18 pm

forties2002 wrote:The one thing I hate the most since moving back to America is Daylight Savings Time. It was meant for the farmers back in the day, it doesn't apply anymore. For 12yrs I loved not having to deal with that crap

I like it, probably because I'm used to it. I prefer it to get dark earlier when it's cold because gray winter days depress me, but I enjoy long summer days.

GandalfInSpace
Community Member

Postby GandalfInSpace » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 pm

forties2002 wrote:The one thing I hate the most since moving back to America is Daylight Savings Time. It was meant for the farmers back in the day, it doesn't apply anymore. For 12yrs I loved not having to deal with that crap

Popular misconception, but it was never meant for farmers. It was to conserve fuel during WWI for Germany and a Brit (pretty sure) noticed that it gave more leisure time in the evening.

So... Really it's completely unnecessary.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 am

BigDaddyKyler wrote:You fucking idiot, you had a google drive account for years that you used for idiotic word doc back ups and a fucking dropbox for stupid videos & the SAME WORD DOCS but did you upload your over a decade old FPWR PSN save or your backup PS2 save folder? Noooo ofcourse not cause not, now look you got your PS3 & the laptop that had the files stolen...without the FPCPP you wouldn't have anything.

Now cloud up your shit..

Weren't you on the old FPClub? Did you ever attach your save to a post there?
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Just went 3 days without personal internet at home (well, aside from my smart phone......which was current, 3? 4? years ago?)

The service provider finally came through after running around from this to that (including sending me the same modem that I already had; the previous one was still completely functional) but I will be shopping for alternatives, mark my words. All because people didn't know what the heck they were doing and worse, how to effectively communicate in English. Somehow "speed upgrade" translated into "disconnect my s*** for 3 days." Worse bit was that Thu and Fri are my regular off days with Thu being my "do nothing" day. So yeah, kinda soured my weekend. I guess at least it's working now though it really, really should have never stopped.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 pm

C-Drive wrote:Weren't you on the old FPClub? Did you ever attach your save to a post there?

Yes I was but the save was a compilation pack and I couldnt contact/didnt remember the content creators so i didnt post/shared it on the board.

I recently remembered i did upload it through services like sendspace to join the FPCPP but I doubt they still have the file after a decade of inactivity.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Geese & a random PP pack I got 1/5th of my edits/alts back.

Had all the time in the world to cloud my files. I think I moved the files from a external drive to my netbook to work on them and deleted them fom the drive for some stupid reason.

My netbook screen then crapped out on me and rather than fix it or move the files right then & there I figured oh well I do it later. Well later never came as due to living with a shitty landlord my stuff got stolen and the local police wouldn't do anything because they "can't find him"
:x

djkm77
Community Member

Postby djkm77 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:19 pm

While at work the other day I caught some one watching me with video cameras. Every corner I turned in his apartment there was a camera following me. It was creeping me the fuck out so I started unplugging them. Next thing you know he started speaking to me from the cameras which freaked me out even more knowing he could hear me too. So I continued to unplug them.

I install rugs so you are all probably thinking he has the right to tape me and I was being paranoid which I guess is understandable in this day age but either way you tell some one if you are going to watch them.

So the guy shows up to my work and gives me a long song and dance how he takes care of an elderly guy there and people steal from him. I am not buying what this dude is selling but agree to finish the job so I can just get the fuck outta there and never have to see this creep again.

It turns out my creep senses were right on the money as he set up the camera so he can steal from the old guy and watches the old guy all day from his work and make sure no one goes in the apartment to tell him he's a thief. He got caught stealing 7,000 grand from the guy and had the elderly man buy him a 2017 Dodge Charger. He also caught some one telling the elderly man he was a thief and is now trying to take that person to court for defamation.

What a weird era we live in. Either way I knew this dude was a crook as soon as I saw him and nosy old me also found where he works which was not hard considering he drives a brand new red charger. Now just trying to find out his name to see if any one I know knows him. I also checked him out on Yelp where he apparently is scamming people at his job as a mechanic. 20 years I ago I would have kicked his ass but now I just might take him down with technology and bury him online. Either way I have some thing to keep me busy for the next month until fire Pro World come out.

I fucking hate scammers and scumbags.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:38 pm

^wow. That's really unsettling.
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Had an ingrown toenail taken care of about an hour ago... numbing shot did fuck all. It made me numb to needle pricks, but not to what was essentially jamming a pair of wirecutters under the nail, cutting it in half, and ripping the sumbitch out. I let the expletives fly. :lol:

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:46 pm

SkullTrauma wrote:Had an ingrown toenail taken care of about an hour ago... numbing shot did fuck all. It made me numb to needle pricks, but not to what was essentially jamming a pair of wirecutters under the nail, cutting it in half, and ripping the sumbitch out. I let the expletives fly. :lol:

Ouch! :o I rarely smoke dope anymore, but I think a fat one before that would be a plan if it was me..... :smoking:

SluggBugg
Serious Business

Postby SluggBugg » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 am

SkullTrauma wrote:Had an ingrown toenail taken care of about an hour ago... numbing shot did fuck all. It made me numb to needle pricks, but not to what was essentially jamming a pair of wirecutters under the nail, cutting it in half, and ripping the sumbitch out. I let the expletives fly. :lol:

We need a ToeTrauma edit PRONTO!!!!
The EMPEROR of ELBOWS...The KING of KO's...The BIG BAD BOSS of BOWS!

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am

I watched an out aunt go through that ordeal. Anyway, happy toenail-less day.

Image Image

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Just found out this morning I have lost my summer part time job I have had for the past 6 years, the guy I worked for suddenly had health issues and had to retire, to say I'm pissed and upset is an understatement, I'm on a fixed income so the extra money really helped me and my gal, I was really looking forward to starting work this week, and now my summer is down the shitter, DAMMIT! :evil: :(

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 pm

I had problems with those on my two big toes for a few years. I finally fixed them myself with an x-acto knife, a pair of needle nose pliers, and some tiny scissors. I don't recommend it because it hurt so bad that I kept having to take breaks from going into shock. Plus, it's just a stupid thing to do. For me it worked though, and now I just be careful not to cut them too short and I also cut a V as deep as I can into each toenail. Don't listen to detractors. The V helps.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Old Baby wrote:I had problems with those on my two big toes for a few years. I finally fixed them myself with an x-acto knife, a pair of needle nose pliers, and some tiny scissors. I don't recommend it because it hurt so bad that I kept having to take breaks from going into shock. Plus, it's just a stupid thing to do. For me it worked though, and now I just be careful not to cut them too short and I also cut a V as deep as I can into each toenail. Don't listen to detractors. The V helps.

Oh, I've done my share of bathroom surgery. My tools are retired now. :smoking:
Spoiler: show
unless the other foot decides it wants some

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Tue May 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Time for some bitching.

My boss is more concerned about being liked than being a boss, so we have a good ol' boy/girl system of about 30 employees, many of whom are lazy jackasses who have long since discovered that their boss will make excuses for their work ethic to keep from having to fire them. So, the system is not made for someone like me, who has a work ethic and is not afraid to call people on their laziness. I jumped on a branch supervisor in front of the boss and now she's bitching about me to everyone like I'm some unreasonable asshole who demands perfection, when in reality I'm just tired of reminding people to follow procedures we've talked about countless times. But, did the boss take my side? Of course not. She sat there like "I don't know what's going on!", then played both sides afterward like she always does. Some days this environment just brings out the asshole in me.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed May 10, 2017 3:56 am

I once had a toxic work environment
It led to thoughts of murder/suicide
I quit (in the heart of a recession, mind you) just before it got that point
Best decision I ever made
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 pm

El Marsh wrote:I once had a toxic work environment
It led to thoughts of murder/suicide
I quit (in the heart of a recession, mind you) just before it got that point
Best decision I ever made

That sounds kinda terrible. Worst it's gotten for me is looking into a different job, but I just feel like no matter where I go it's going to be the same problems. There are some good people who work here, and I just make up my mind to be better than the ones who suck. It gets very frustrating though when it feels like we're constantly retreading the same ground and there's never any solution because the boss deflects and refuses to take responsibility.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 am

I wanted to have STUFF 3 released weeks ago, but I haven't been feeling great mentally lately and haven't had the motivation to get the presentation shit together. At this rate, I'll procrastinate until after World is released, at which point no one but me will even care.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

SkullTrauma wrote:I wanted to have STUFF 3 released weeks ago, but I haven't been feeling great mentally lately and haven't had the motivation to get the presentation shit together. At this rate, I'll procrastinate until after World is released, at which point no one but me will even care.

Are you and I somehow melded together now? That's news to me.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

freem
Everytime I am Particular

Postby freem » Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm

my left ankle/foot decided it would be a good idea to get hurt in some way, shape, or form. this isn't the first time it's happened, either (luckily, I still have the boot from the last time this was an issue).

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 am

My leg is asleep.
Facebook/Twitter/PSN/Skype: SaiyanBlade84