The final update on Ceese April 9th 2016 RIP

kokushishin
Community Member

Re: The final update on Ceese April 9th 2016 RIP

Postby kokushishin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:46 pm

I didn't know Ceese very well, but this really sucks. I've been online damn near 20 years now and while a lot of users come and go the idea that they're still out there is kind of comforting I guess.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

DeathMask
Community Member

Postby DeathMask » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:55 pm

Very sad to hear :(

RIP. Thoughts and prayers with his family
...And when the last one falls, you will know my name...

Athrin

Postby Athrin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:39 am

Ultimate K wrote:First off, I have to thank Omen for shooting me a message on PSN alerting me of Ceese's passing. As painful as it is to return under such unfortunate circumstances and face this terrifying revelation, I'd rather know now than find out months after the fact.

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't have the pleasure of truly knowing Ceese outside of this community. The only interactions I can recall are the few Street Fighter 4 sessions we had. I would usually take those games rather easily since I was the more practiced player. That can be an incredibly frustrating experience, to say the least, for the person on the losing end and I speak as someone who has had to take numerous lumps (still do) in order to improve. Worse yet, this was before I had attained a mic, meaning that I couldn't offer any advice in the moment, words of encouragement, or even a friendly joke to help make things a bit more tolerable. Of course, in typical Ceese fashion, he would take the entire thing in stride. He laughed, he cursed, he had fun and just made sure it was entertaining for the both of us. Afterwards he would hop on the boards, head into the old Street Fighter topic and sing my praises without a hint of negativity.

Indeed. For the most part, my friendship with Ceese over the past seven or so years developed on the FPC/FPWA boards and across many a late night livestream chat sessions in the Arena. After reading through this thread a part of me feels silly for even daring to speak on Ceese's direct impact during my time here when he clearly had a much more profound effect on others, inside and outside of this community. But these are the only ties I have to him and so I shall.

I joined this community in 2007. I was 15 at the time. Considering I spent a majority of what I consider to be my formative years here, at least as far as discovering and embracing many of my life's interests, I don't feel that it's a stretch to say that I've grown up partially under the guardianship of the Fire Pro Community. I certainly don't feel that it's a stretch to say that I owe much of who I am to the impressions many of the people here have left on me. And, whether I'm active on the boards or not, I still carry that influence with me, much the same way we shall now carry the influence of "Ceese" Odomes with us.

That said, what does this have to do with Ceese aside from the broad blanket I've cast with that previous statement? Hmm... If I'm speaking honestly here, and I mean soul-bearing honesty, I was always rather jealous of Ceese. He was someone who shared my love for wrestling, Fire Pro, and the collective community we have centered around those things, but took to the latter on a grand level that I simply could not. Whether it was on the E-Fed side of things, the casual/wrestling side, or any other area, his charm was infectious. In his first year here Ceese had the kind of sweeping positive effect on this community that I only WISH I could've during my more active years. As Geese said, Ceese was a legend long before tragedy struck.

Mind you, I never resented him for that because, as we already know (especially after sifting through the numerous comments here), Ceese was a difficult person to dislike even if you tried. No, it was quite the opposite. Envy can be a most unpleasant trait, true, but in this case it gave me something to strive for during my time here. Ceese was the quintessential role model in this community, as others have already pointed out. And seeing him at work taught me that on some level, for better or worse, I am "...exactly good enough of a person to be crushed by the guilt of failing to be a better person." Just can't help it. I only hope that during my time here, I've managed to embody a fraction of his kindness and understanding in my scattered dealings with those around me.

This was painful for me to write. And I'm in tears right now. I want to go into detail about our work together in the FPCPP, but that just feels odd. I think this says quite a bit on its own though.

Take care. :ceese:

This brought tears to my eye's.
PRAYING FOR CEESE

Fuee
Community Member

Postby Fuee » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:27 am

I didn't know Ceese, but from this topic, he seemed like a hell of a dude. RIP

Justice

Postby Justice » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:26 am

Man, this truly just hit me. I haven't been on nearly as much as I would like to be. Really wish that I had.

When I first joined FPCPP, Ceese was one of the first guys to welcome me with open arms. And to be honest, because of him and a few others like K, Athrin, Wondy, Omen, Geese, etc... FPCPP always felt like another home to me. A way to escape all of the problems around me. Just sign on, be Justice, and have fun.

Ceese was integral in Justice's moveset. In so much, that we joked that during Ceese/Justice matches, Justice would have to pull out Superkicks as well and call them Superherokicks. Even had his game "brother" join the League of Justice so that we could work together. Which knowing how popular he was in the community, it really meant a lot.

RIP my friend.

"No excuses, just execution."

LaddWO
Community Member

Postby LaddWO » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:42 am

So shocked and saddened to read of Ceese's passing. To some extent I was aware of his health issues. However, I was unaware of the severity. As others have pointed out so eloquently, he will be greatly missed.

Jason Blackhart
Community Member

Postby Jason Blackhart » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:50 am

I don't think Ceese and I ever had any direct interactions over the years, but that doesn't make this news any less terrible.

R.I.P.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:58 pm

I've been following this thread ever since it popped up and reading every post. Mostly because I had always heard the name Ceese mentioned across the WARENA but never had any idea as to who they were/what they were about. They always seemed like a legendary, mythical type figure of the community, but... Wow. Don't think I could've imagined anything like this. I never knew Ceese but it seems like it would've been a pretty damn special privilege, going by all the glowing messages here.

I don't want to jump on any grief bandwagons or anything but I'm sorry that you guys lost a real important person in Ceese - as both a hugely positive and welcoming member of the Fire Pro community, and as an all-round terrific guy.

Rest in Peace, Ceese.
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Timothy James, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:20 pm

I wish I had gotten to know him as well as some of you did but sadly I didn't. Sorry to hear about his passing and my condolences to his friends and family.

R.I.P. Ceese

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:30 pm

R.I.P. Ceese T T

dhcguy
Community Member

Postby dhcguy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Ceese was awesome.
dude always was super cool and positive during our time in the warena.

this is sad. i am sad.

captain howdy
Community Member

Postby captain howdy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:03 pm

R.I.P. , my condolences to friends and family.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:50 pm

This has completely destroyed my heart. Ceese was one of the most awesome guys I have met online. I know he had serious health issues and I was confident he could beat that, but this goes to show just how fragile we are. My condolences go out to his family and friends. I will miss him.
Image Image

jbravos
Community Member

Postby jbravos » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:11 am

RIP Ceese I rememer him from the old board he was a cool guy and will be missed

Four Skulls
Community Member

Postby Four Skulls » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 am

Wow, I have no words. Like others, I knew Ceese just from the boards, and he always seemed like a chill guy.

I saw the banner up top, and figured he was retiring his character or something, but this is like, damn.

Man.

He was like a young guy right? What happened!?!?!?

SonnyBone
Community Member

Postby SonnyBone » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Losing Ceese and then gaining the possibility of a new Fire Pro all so close together. What a whirlwind of emotions. I wish he could be here to feel the hype. :/
#FetidToads

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:58 pm

SonnyBone wrote:Losing Ceese and then gaining the possibility of a new Fire Pro all so close together. What a whirlwind of emotions. I wish he could be here to feel the hype. :/

Yeah it was horrible thinking of that earlier.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

blackomen13
The Tommy Dreamer of the FPCPP

Postby blackomen13 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:58 pm

maybe someone at Spike lurks here and saw the community come together for a friend and was inspired to start the petition

You never know :sirjuice:

robthorn24
Owner of Victory Pro

Postby robthorn24 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:36 pm

blackomen13 wrote:maybe someone at Spike lurks here and saw the community come together for a friend and was inspired to start the petition

You never know :sirjuice:

Although Spike, more than likely, already has something in the pipeline, I had thought this myself. :D

tigermask
Community Member

Postby tigermask » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:27 pm

I'd only heard the news today. I use Facebook slightly more than I log in here, and it really hit me. There's nothing I can say or add that people haven't already said, but I will be playing some Fire Pro tonight in his memory. RIP Ceese.

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:05 am

The thing I remember is that it didn't matter if you had just joined the FirePro site or if you were a seasoned veteran, he treated everyone equal. RIP Ceese.
Whoop that trick

Big Kyle
Community Member

Postby Big Kyle » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:39 am

Well, that just sucks.

Can't say I know the guy all to well like the rest of you, but given his involvement with the FPCPP and the edits he created I can say he is among the people on the site who inspired me to create many different wrestlers in this game. He will surely be miss given the number of people on this site remembering him so fondly.
Just another creator projecting his ideas through a wrestling game. Like this one!

Gentlemensgentleman
Community Member

Postby Gentlemensgentleman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:40 pm

RIP Ceese. He was a big contributor to the site. I remember he used to post all over the place. I remember his posts. He was very young, a shame.

SkullTrauma
Taste the Fork

Postby SkullTrauma » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:06 am

ControlFrenzy wrote: I'll remember the night Ceese, ST, and I were in the Arena chat bullshitting about Fastlane, life and how things were getting better for him, and of course, Alexa Bliss' posterior (hey, it's a wonderfully fantastic posterior, a'ight? :lol: ).

Spoiler: show

See? I told you.

I just saw this and got dem feels:

Spoiler: show

Damb

Postby Damb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:27 am

Fucking hell, man; I just started thinking of reading old promos and come back to this.

My condolences to his family.
Single postroll