Happiness is...

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: Happiness is...

Postby El Marsh » Wed May 09, 2018 9:37 pm

^nice 8-)

My current happiness is that the first of my very small circle of friends and his wife are expecting their firstborn by the end of the year; they went straight for the moon and are having twins! :lol:

Just really happy for them. Good people deserve good things and while I personally struggle with the idea of myself as a father, I know this is something that they've both wanted from the start. I mean, we used to talk about that stuff as kids, y'know?
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Happiness for me today is being busy at work and getting a text from the girlfriend of 3 months that she loves me and wishes she was at home (my house) with me and the kids (my two dogs).

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sun May 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I don't even friggin know why but today I'm feeling pretty positive and I think that makes me happy.

Here's hoping that it endures
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Mon May 14, 2018 5:04 pm

As pessimistic as I usually am, I don't post in this topic too often.

But going to four art museums in two days(and spending a third of one of those days marveling at the Met) and watching a championship boxing match live in MSG, surrounded by a rowdy crowd of joyous Ukrainian fans, with my guy, Vasyl Lomachenko winning in the 10th round by a spectacular body punch KO, that's happiness in my book.

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:43 am

senator wrote:As pessimistic as I usually am, I don't post in this topic too often.

But going to four art museums in two days(and spending a third of one of those days marveling at the Met) and watching a championship boxing match live in MSG, surrounded by a rowdy crowd of joyous Ukrainian fans, with my guy, Vasyl Lomachenko winning in the 10th round by a spectacular body punch KO, that's happiness in my book.

Ooh! Body shot KO's are a beautiful and wildly underrated thing to behold! That does sound like an awesome few days! :)

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 am

I got my hair cut today and I don't like "Soccer Mom" AJ Styles anymore.

The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 am

Nice lol

I remember getting ?uestlove comparisons the one time that I grew my hair out (did 2.5 years). When the gray started becoming more prominent, people started saying Don King which is much, much less flattering. I finally got tired of maintaining it and vowed never again, though I still only average 4 or so cuts a year.
ImageImage

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 pm

El Marsh wrote:Nice lol

I remember getting ?uestlove comparisons the one time that I grew my hair out (did 2.5 years). When the gray started becoming more prominent, people started saying Don King which is much, much less flattering. I finally got tired of maintaining it and vowed never again, though I still only average 4 or so cuts a year.

Yeah, I think I average one every 2 to 3 months. As long as my hair isn't in my face, covering my ears (whether in-part or whole), and/or sticking to the back of my neck, I'm fine. I don't particularly care what it looks like. I've never really cared too much about my appearance as it's an "As long as I look clean, who really cares?" sort of deal.

In this particular instance, I pretty much went from AJ Styles "soccer mom" hair to Christian's super short cut in about 5 minutes.

My beard on the other hand... Ugh. It's a pretty shitty looking. It's somewhere between "What the heck is that on your face?" and "Scott Ian's (Antrax guitarist) monster goatee." :lol: It hasn't grown enough in the last two years where I really need to maintain it. It probably doesn't help that I don't particularly enjoy shaving.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 am

Old Baby wrote:Happiness for me today is being busy at work and getting a text from the girlfriend of 3 months that she loves me and wishes she was at home (my house) with me and the kids (my two dogs).

How's the relationship going, Old Baby?

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Timberwolf wrote:
Old Baby wrote:Happiness for me today is being busy at work and getting a text from the girlfriend of 3 months that she loves me and wishes she was at home (my house) with me and the kids (my two dogs).

How's the relationship going, Old Baby?

Actually, I broke up with her almost two weeks ago, but then we got back together that weekend. We're going to spend this weekend together and she's going to meet my parents tomorrow night. This is a crazy relationship but I feel like we're both learning from our mistakes and figuring out how to drive it better. Thanks for asking!

Dave
Community Member

Postby Dave » Tue May 29, 2018 2:53 pm

I can't believe no one has said "a cigar called Hamlet" yet.