Happiness is...

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Re: Happiness is...

Postby Makar17 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:35 am

sonny615 wrote:This is happiness at its purest.
Just a clip of me, my wife and son, and a couple of friends hanging out last weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpZ_OgXs_lk

Happiness is... watching your video, sonny. The part that got me was when your kid started waving at the camera. Also, the song choice... Wow. Thanks for sharing your video.
Image Image

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:15 am

Happiness is when one of your favorite fighters beats the shit out of a guy that you can't stand
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:26 am

El Marsh wrote:Happiness is when one of your favorite fighters beats the shit out of a guy that you can't stand

And I thought I was the only one who cannot stand the arrogant prick. Great win for Diaz.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:29 pm

sonny615 wrote:Hey, Geese! Thanks a lot, man.
It truly was an amazing day. We drove to the south to visit one of my best friends who lives in a kibbutz (yeah, those still exist) right next to Gaza.
The day itself was amazing and that place was very peaceful and beautiful, with not a soul around. Hard to believe it is so peaceful when so much of just the opposite of peaceful is going on nearby.

I was really taken by how foresty and green the area was. It's beautiful there 8-)

sonny615 wrote:We did use a drone with a camera, it's one of the more advanced ones, the kibbutz got it to track agriculture stuff. It's actually pretty easy to navigate, I guess it comes more natural to a gamer :)

That's a cool idea to use drones for agricultural work. I always think of drones as just kind of the next evolution of hobbysist planes or for Amazon to send packages :lol: You did an awesome job with the way you shot the video and gave it an immersive feel. You have a career as a videographer if you wanted to pursue it 8-)

El Marsh wrote:Happiness is when one of your favorite fighters beats the shit out of a guy that you can't stand

Wait, Fedor Emelianenko beat up that obnoxious guy who always yells like a banshee at 2am in the street? :lol:

WAR FEDOR :markout:

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 am

Makar17 wrote:
Just a clip of me, my wife and son, and a couple of friends hanging out last weekend.

Happiness is... watching your video, sonny. The part that got me was when your kid started waving at the camera. Also, the song choice... Wow. Thanks for sharing your video.

Hey Makar!
The band is K's Choice. Used to be a favorite band of mine for many years. Many of their songs just sound like a soundtrack to life and quite a few of my life experiences relate to that band (like the time I decided to travel across Europe and go to their fan convention when I was 18, it was awesome).

orochigeese wrote:That's a cool idea to use drones for agricultural work. I always think of drones as just kind of the next evolution of hobbysist planes or for Amazon to send packages :lol: You did an awesome job with the way you shot the video and gave it an immersive feel. You have a career as a videographer if you wanted to pursue it 8-)

My friend actually did the shooting. It was spontaneous, we didn't plan a "music video". :mrgreen:
I was feeling inspired after that day and decided to edit our material into a video.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

sonny615 wrote:
Makar17 wrote:

Hey Makar!
The band is K's Choice. Used to be a favorite band of mine for many years. Many of their songs just sound like a soundtrack to life and quite a few of my life experiences relate to that band (like the time I decided to travel across Europe and go to their fan convention when I was 18, it was awesome).

You mean the band's name is K's Choice or that K, the edit, chose the band for your video?
Image Image

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Only FPCPP people will get it :)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:41 am

Complete fluke of luck, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when I overheard the Tomenosuke company in Japan was doing one final run of a lot of 150 of their much sought after Blade Runner blasters for Hollywood Collectors. The last run they did was over five years ago and they only did a lot of 50 of them which sold out in hours and now I see them selling on ebay for between $2000 and $3000.

Then I found out Hollywood Collectors offers a payment in installments plan so I immediately put down a deposit on one of the 150 before they sell out. Probably not a big deal for the average person, but for a Blade Runner fan this is like having a mint condition signed Mickey Mantle baseball card. According to the Tomenosuke company president this will be the final run they ever do of these. Although I am sure once Blade Runner 2 hits theaters next October we'll be seeing Tomenosuke building whatever revised versions of the blaster that will be featured in that film; and of course I will absolutely buy.

This will make it my fourth blaster. I own two Elfin Knight resin models from Japan (one unopened in original packaging) and an OffWorld Inc model.

And while I was perusing the Hollywood Collectors website, I may or may not have also put down a deposit on another limited run they are getting Q2 of 2016.

EDIT: Also just ordered one of these: Image

Scabbard to come in October because they are on backorder.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Happiness is......

Postby El Marsh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:17 am

A day where I get a raise, Mizzou basketball wins a conference game, and KU basketball loses at home to an unranked team. :D

February 4, 2017 was a good day :smoking:
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Nth
Community Member

Re: Happiness is......

Postby Nth » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Got my raise just recently as well. My contract says I get an annual raise for my first five years and I'm on year 4.
Also have two more shifts and then I'm on vacation for a month and will get to sit out the worst part of the winter. It will almost be spring when I go back.
Also just got my $200 work attendance bonus for last year.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: Happiness is......

Postby El Marsh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:09 am

Hey C-Drive, I didn't realize that the old Happiness topic was still around (I didn't see it when I looked for it last week and presumed it predated the board reboot).

Just for continuity's sake, would it be possible to merge this thread into that one?
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Happiness is being geeky enough to move my Itunes library to my Samsung Galaxy S6. Then using a music app called Pulsar to cast my music to my TV so I can listen to music in the background while I work on my computer or clean my house :)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:37 pm

https://www.amazon.ca/Akira-35th-Annive ... ords=akira

Nice. 35th Anniversary Edition of AKIRA on hardcover format coming in October. Just pre-ordered.

kidcage
Community Member

Postby kidcage » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 am

Happiness is (and sappy) that it's my youngest 2nd birthday today. My girls are growing up (4 and 2).

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

The limited edition Tomenosuke Blade Runner 2049 blasters have begun to ship. 4 more payments on mine to go before I get it, but it is so beautiful. Unboxing vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=our29mLf86Y

PensiverealtalkT
Community Member

Postby PensiverealtalkT » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:29 pm

6 days away.....

:P :) :D

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Happiness is the smell of fireworks.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Labor Day this Monday, which means as a shift worker I only work Friday night, Saturday night and then have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off. Three day weekend and a holiday bumps one of my scheduled three days shifts off the calendar. Then I only work Wednesday and Thursday and am on another three day weekend. I know shift work isn't for everyone, but damn, I can't ever imagine going back to working five days in a row. Five years in of shift work and I can't even imagine how I did the five day general work week schedule for all those years.

tigermask
Community Member

Postby tigermask » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:09 am

I've got a picture:
Spoiler: show

I think I made a similar face when I was running around the Antonio Inoki Saka Bar

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:49 pm

Sept 10 is my 5 year anniversary at work. Every five year anniversary employees are given a catalogue to pick a gift from. A pretty disappointing selection in the electronics area but I did manage to find a PS4 Players Kit bundle. Includes a 2 station controller charging dock, 10 foot USB controller cable, headset, and protective silicone controller sleeve and joystick caps.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:26 am

Beating out a rival bidder in a heated ebay auction and watching him wait to the final 60 seconds of the auction to try and outbid you at the last second only to discover my max bid is still way too high and he didn't leave himself enough time to incrementally increase his own bids to match. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh to see the look of panic on his face as that 60 second timer crept down and he put in a flood of bids only to get the 'You've been outbid by a higher bidder' message over and over and over. He was getting close too, if he had given himself another minute he probably woulda had it based on all the bids flooding in the last 60 seconds.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:55 am

Good news: Two shifts until Christmas break.
Bad news: Probably going back to work New Years Day.
Good news: Getting something like triple overtime for working on a holiday.
Bad news: Huge crack just appeared all across the bottom of my windshield.
Good news: Buying a new vehicle in the spring anyway.
Bad news: Will be paranoid about that crack the rest of the winter.
Good news: Have my winter vacation booked, 31 days off smack dab in the deepest darkest part of winter to watch movies and play Fire Pro and probably do a shitload of working out to start taking off the winter weight.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Losing 7 pounds of weight in two weeks. Considering I work 55 hours a week over 6 days. I would say it's quite an achievement. And I'm happy as a pig in shit.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am

wet_dog_smell wrote:Losing 7 pounds of weight in two weeks. Considering I work 55 hours a week over 6 days. I would say it's quite an achievement. And I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Working out?