DepressionSucks

Torvar
Community Member

DepressionSucks

Postby Torvar » Wed May 02, 2018 1:26 pm

I'm in the worse bout of it yet I have no energy and started cutting myself. Its so bad I'm missing work left and right. I feel like I'm a bother and a burden on my family and friends atm. I'm to the point maybe I shouldn't be here at all. Sorry I'm dropping this here

GreatnessGD
Community Member

Re: DepressionSucks

Postby GreatnessGD » Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Keep your head up, man. I've been dealing with it for a long while, the worst of it over the last year. Every day is a struggle but you honestly can fight through it. Just take it a day at a time.

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Wed May 02, 2018 2:11 pm

I hope so its never been this bad wen to the VA looknig for help with it. I haven't taken meds for this in a very long time

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Postby SpiderFab4 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Stay strong, man, I been going through bouts myself. It gets better, and life is never as bad as it seems.
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

GreatnessGD
Community Member

Postby GreatnessGD » Wed May 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Torvar wrote:I hope so its never been this bad wen to the VA looknig for help with it. I haven't taken meds for this in a very long time

I stopped taking my meds back in January. It was tough, kinda scary, but just had to take everything slow. Gotta really try to find things you enjoy or can at least occupy your time. It's simple but it helps. Two huge things for me are working out and playing Fire Pro. Really hope things get better for you.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Wed May 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Torvar wrote:I'm in the worse bout of it yet I have no energy and started cutting myself. Its so bad I'm missing work left and right. I feel like I'm a bother and a burden on my family and friends atm. I'm to the point maybe I shouldn't be here at all. Sorry I'm dropping this here

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or 1-800-273-8255

I hate to see you to the point of inflicting self-harm. Don't be afraid to reach out for help.

I'm pulling for you, man.
ImageImage ImageImage

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Wed May 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Stick in there, no matter how bad it gets, it's one day at a time, one step at a time. It's tough for me to get myself up in the morning and I despise walking into my job. I feel like my life has been completely wasted up to this point. But I keep going, because it's always better to keep going than to give up.

I can't speak for your situation and circumstances, but I hope you can find the strength to fight back and reclaim your life. Don't think of yourself as a burden, that's just the depression talking. You have a job, you have a family and friends, there are positives out there. Enjoy the good in life, even if it seems like a struggle to do so.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 pm

It does indeed suck. I've gone through a couple serious bouts of it in my life, the most recent of which was this past February. I just fell deeper and deeper until I was going to bed almost immediately after I got home from work and just clutching my dog to my chest every night. I kept thinking that taking care of my dog was the only reason I wanted to keep living. Just when I was at my darkest point, the sun came out, my circumstances changed and things got better. Hold on.

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 pm

I also work from home and its customer service/ tech support for apple but I love my job. Just latelyits been harder and harder. Not to mention I've had 6 people I've know passaway in the last 3 months I have finally cracked

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 am

Zealot wrote:https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or

1-800-273-8255

This. If it's getting bad, you need to call that number.

Torvar wrote:I also work from home and its customer service/ tech support for apple but I love my job. Just latelyits been harder and harder. Not to mention I've had 6 people I've know passaway in the last 3 months I have finally cracked

I'm sorry for those you have lost.

I hear you on the job, sometimes it's hard to want to deal with folks, especially when you are feeling the way you are - and especially in a customer service position. But what's awesome is that you do love your job, and it sounds like a good deal working at home as well. Also it sounds like you know Mac tech support, which is the bane of my IT technician job most of the time trying to fiddle my way around those things. Then when I do fix the problem I have no clue what I did.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Fri May 04, 2018 12:53 am

I went to the Va they asked a bunch of questions and said we'll call you. I called them and can't get a appointment till June.

GreatnessGD
Community Member

Postby GreatnessGD » Fri May 04, 2018 2:36 am

Torvar wrote:I went to the Va they asked a bunch of questions and said we'll call you. I called them and can't get a appointment till June.

Heard way too many guys have this same experience with the VA. Sorry dude. You've got an ear here if you ever need it.