TV

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Re: TV

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Last night's Supergirl had...MR. MXYZPTLK! He had a British accent for some reason and looked like Gael Garcia Bernal.

American Ninja Warrior All-Stars also aired, with Christine Leahy's (sideline reporter) team (Jessie Graff, Flip Rodriguez, and Nicholas Coolridge) beating the hosts' Matt Iseman's (Jesse "Flex" LaBreck, Chris Wilczewski, and Najee "Phoenix" Richardson) and Akbar Gbaja-Biamila's (Meagan Martin, Neil Craverm and Grant McCartney) teams in the Team Challenge.
In the individual Skills Challenges:
- James "The Beast" McGrath beat "Captain NBC" Jamie Rahn in the Endless Invisible Climb final
- Karsten Williams won the Super Salmon Ladder (35 rungs, 4 stories high) when he reached the top and last year's winner Mike "Machine Gun" Bernardo (not to be confused with fighter Mike "Turbo" Bernardo from WMAC Masters and K-1 Grand Prix) blew up and dropped at rung 34
- Thomas Stillings won the Striding Steps, which was recapped when they came back from commercial
- Jon Alexis Jr. won the Mega Warped Wall at 19 feet high
- Nicholas Coolridge won the Big Air Grab at 16.5 feet high
- Geoff Britten (the first American Ninja Warrior) beat Brian Arnold in the finals for the Thunderbolt Peg Board
- Drew Dreschel won the Supersonic Shelf Grab at 15 feet in a tiebreaker against Najee Richardson

Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Pyrodean
Community Member

Postby Pyrodean » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:30 am

Lord Fn Worm wrote:
orochigeese wrote:Halfway through the first season of Stranger Things and it's hitting all the right notes. Holy shit :shock:

Oh yeah. Sooo good.
For anyone who grew up in the eighties/early nineties should find that show somehow comfortingly familiar.

Most definitely, it is filmed in here in Georgia only a few towns away, so it even looks exactly like the suburbs I grew up in. Which sends me into nestalgia overdrive lol. I just finished season one. I loved all the homages to 80's movies. I'm gonna re-watch it to see if I missed any, but the ones I noticed were Aliens, E.T., Goonies, Stand By Me and Watchers.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Anyone watching Iron Fist? The critics said it was bad, but I'm really enjoying it.

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Oh man just finished watching WestWorld, how brilliant is that show?

MAJOR SPOILS
Spoiler: show
I totally called all three of the major twists in the show. :ugeek: ...I guessed at least one of the park staff would be revealed as a host right from the start, and predicted it would be Bernard about two episodes before it was actually revealed. And as soon as Billy's douche friend handed him the photograph of his fiancee I realized the temporal disparity between the storylines and immediately deduced that Billy had to be young Ed Harris. Of course the third twist (Dolores actually being Wyatt) was kinda obvious once the flashbacks started overlapping.

Despite that, WestWorld is amazing. The writing, acting and effects are all fantastic...plus a killer cast. The way the first season ended was perfect...even if they never did more shows, Season one stands as a wonderful self contained story.

As it is, can't wait for Season 2 :P

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:38 pm

TheDenizen wrote:Oh man just finished watching WestWorld, how brilliant is that show?

MAJOR SPOILS
I totally called all three of the major twists in the show. :ugeek: ...I guessed at least one of the park staff would be revealed as a host right from the start, and predicted it would be Bernard about two episodes before it was actually revealed. And as soon as Billy's douche friend handed him the photograph of his fiancee I realized the temporal disparity between the storylines and immediately deduced that Billy had to be young Ed Harris. Of course the third twist (Dolores actually being Wyatt) was kinda obvious once the flashbacks started overlapping.

Despite that, WestWorld is amazing. The writing, acting and effects are all fantastic...plus a killer cast. The way the first season ended was perfect...even if they never did more shows, Season one stands as a wonderful self contained story.

As it is, can't wait for Season 2 :P

I thought Westworld was outstanding, Antony Hopkins was in fine form.

Shame the wife deleted the whole season I had on my sky box, was going to watch it again later in the year.

On another note, just found out Outcast is returning for season two soon! I think it returns the same week as Prison Break, but I don't care too much for that at all.

Pyrodean
Community Member

Postby Pyrodean » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Level wrote:Anyone watching Iron Fist? The critics said it was bad, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm watching it. Yeah, the critics are shitting on it but I'm really liking it so far.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Cool for Archer fans: Augmented reality app that features a story layered on top of the regular episode!

http://uproxx.com/tv/archer-pi-app/2/

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:38 am

Finished watching "Prison Break", just in time for the new season next month. Not sure where they are going to go with the story, but I was pretty much glued to the TV while watching the first 4 seasons.
Whoop that trick

Lord Worm
Dominus Haplotaxida

Postby Lord Worm » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 pm

5 episodes into Legion and I'm absolutely lost.

I'll keep it up though cause it's interesting and Syd Barrett is a cutie. I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd references in pop culture, like Dr.Strange.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Just watched Lucha Underground. The first Aztec Warfare match in season 1 on Netflix. Fucking awesome!!!! I'm not giving details to avoid spoiling it, but I'll just say I was marking out like a kid on Christmas Day.

MichaelPayne
Community Member

Postby MichaelPayne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 am

Timberwolf wrote:Just watched Lucha Underground. The first Aztec Warfare match in season 1 on Netflix. Fucking awesome!!!! I'm not giving details to avoid spoiling it, but I'll just say I was marking out like a kid on Christmas Day.

The show really starts getting good at that point. Very pleased with this show.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:41 am

MichaelPayne wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:Just watched Lucha Underground. The first Aztec Warfare match in season 1 on Netflix. Fucking awesome!!!! I'm not giving details to avoid spoiling it, but I'll just say I was marking out like a kid on Christmas Day.

The show really starts getting good at that point. Very pleased with this show.

I'm pretty indifferent about the early half of Season 1. I'm at the tail end of the season now and will probably start Season 2 before I head to bed today. I'm disappointed that Season 3 took a dive, but here's to hoping it picks up in the second half.

I keep forgetting to, but I have to get through Vikings one of these days. Every time I say it, I never get around to doing it. It's one of those shows where I really need to sit down and be attentive to it, as opposed to LU which I can just have on in the background and not miss too much - I suppose that's an added bonus to having two screens, but I know what happens in LU, so I don't necessarily need to focus on it.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:37 pm

forties2002 wrote:Finished watching "Prison Break", just in time for the new season next month. Not sure where they are going to go with the story, but I was pretty much glued to the TV while watching the first 4 seasons.

I loved the original Prison Break, even though it got dumb the last couple of seasons. I'm looking forward to seeing if this new season will be any good.
(at least Wentworth and Dominic haven't lost a step, because they've been on The Flash/Legends Of Tomorrow together so much ;) )
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Pyrodean
Community Member

Postby Pyrodean » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:30 pm

I finally finished all of Iron Fist...

Where to begin. There really seemed to be an agenda against this show from the critics who were butt hurt that they didn't cast an Asian Iron Fist. The show, while it may have been the weakest of the Netflix MCU shows(Jessica Jones was the weakest for me personally), was still nowhere near as bad as the reviews would have you believe. It did have some problems. It was rushed. You could tell they wanted to hurry up and get this one over with so they could get to Defenders. The first half of the season was really slow, but the second half pick up quite a bit. Also, they didn't explain until later in the season that Danny Rand never completed his training as the Iron Fist. Which would have been good to know earlier because there were some points where you are just left thinking, "Man he is a terrible Iron Fist" lol. A lot of people complained about the fight scenes, I thought they were fine. Nothing new or spectacular, just your basic kung-fu fight scenes really. I think Daredevil spoiled a lot of people with it's fight scenes. All in all it was good not great. Definitely not worth all the hate from critics.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:45 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:
I keep forgetting to, but I have to get through Vikings one of these days. Every time I say it, I never get around to doing it. It's one of those shows where I really need to sit down and be attentive to it, as opposed to LU which I can just have on in the background and not miss too much - I suppose that's an added bonus to having two screens, but I know what happens in LU, so I don't necessarily need to focus on it.

You really should get to Vikings, once you do, I doubt you will be able to stop watching.... 8-)
Just started watching Prison Break, someone mentioned it here, have watched 2 episodes, and look forward to whats coming next....

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Rick & Morty's April Fools marathon of the surprise new episode was awesome :D I randomly turned on Adult Swim and saw a Rick & Morty episode I didn't recognize and then realized what I was watching:

:explode:

incredible episode and so excited for the third season starting in the summer :markout:

I wonder if this episode was actually Season 3: Episode 1 or like an episode in between seasons.

I also wonder if it actually happened in canon or not :shock:

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Pyrodean wrote:I finally finished all of Iron Fist...

Where to begin. There really seemed to be an agenda against this show from the critics who were butt hurt that they didn't cast an Asian Iron Fist. The show, while it may have been the weakest of the Netflix MCU shows(Jessica Jones was the weakest for me personally), was still nowhere near as bad as the reviews would have you believe. It did have some problems. It was rushed. You could tell they wanted to hurry up and get this one over with so they could get to Defenders. The first half of the season was really slow, but the second half pick up quite a bit. Also, they didn't explain until later in the season that Danny Rand never completed his training as the Iron Fist. Which would have been good to know earlier because there were some points where you are just left thinking, "Man he is a terrible Iron Fist" lol. A lot of people complained about the fight scenes, I thought they were fine. Nothing new or spectacular, just your basic kung-fu fight scenes really. I think Daredevil spoiled a lot of people with it's fight scenes. All in all it was good not great. Definitely not worth all the hate from critics.

I'm half way through. So I shielded your spoiler while I wrote this. I'm enjoying it so far, and the character connection with Daredevil.
Whoop that trick

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 pm

X-Files coming back for another event series - http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-ret ... 202073290/

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 05, 2017 4:43 am

Better Call Saul has been excellent this season.

Just call it Better Call Gus after the past two weeks and I'm not complaining. Loved the first half hour. Loved the pool scene with Don Eladio and Tio getting humiliated by Gus' production. So awesome :markout:

Supernatural was awesome last week, I'm getting through the episode this week now.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu May 11, 2017 1:35 am

Better Call Saul thoughts-
Last nights show was awesome, finally seeing Chuck taken down like that was worth the wait, loved it....]

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 am

fullbug wrote:Better Call Saul thoughts-
Last nights show was awesome, finally seeing Chuck taken down like that was worth the wait, loved it....]

Yes, and Huell was back and has lost a lot of weight... even though these events are taking place before Breaking Bad. Fingers crossed for a Bill Burr appearance now.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 am

The last two episodes of Better Call Saul are the best two episodes of TV I've seen this year.

The Gus/Mike/Tio story and the Jimmy/Chuck story are running concurrently and are both completely awesome. Just when I thought I couldn't get enough of Gus/Mike/Tio last week, Jimmy/Chuck took over again. Also loved watching Kim absolutely destroy Hamlin on the stand about the nepotism thing :lol:

Huell's return and Jimmy's plan to checkmate Chuck was awesome. Loved Huell stating the exact time :lol:

I've been watching the first season again on Netflix and it's making this week's episode even better.

When this Saul and Supernatural season ends, I may have to start watching Breaking Bad again. That "world" is just drawing me in too much ever since this new Saul season started. Granted, I am looking forward to the return of House of Cards and also Stranger Things which each start sometime soon, I believe.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu May 11, 2017 12:55 pm

orochigeese wrote:. Granted, I am looking forward to the return of House of Cards and also Stranger Things which each start sometime soon, I believe.

Don't think Stranger Things starts again until October, sadly....
I have found myself watching a show with Ray Romano and Scott Backula called 'Men Of A Certain Age' and am really enjoying it, very good show and really good writing......It got really good reviews, so of course it was cancelled after 2 seasons.... :x

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu May 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Oh my bad, I thought Season 2 was airing in the summer like Season 1 did last year. It felt like a "summer show." Granted, it being released around Halloween isn't such a bad thematic or marketing idea either :lol:

I remember seeing a TON of commercials on TNT back when "Men of a Certain Age" originally aired. TNT adbombs really heavily for their original shows. It often makes me resent the shows before I even give them a chance but I prefer and respond better to a very subtle informative approach to advertising that likely doesn't work on most people. Some prefer an alternative stylistic approach :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgQ60DoNRJs

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu May 11, 2017 5:41 pm

orochigeese wrote:Oh my bad, I thought Season 2 was airing in the summer like Season 1 did last year. It felt like a "summer show." Granted, it being released around Halloween isn't such a bad thematic or marketing idea either :lol:

I remember seeing a TON of commercials on TNT back when "Men of a Certain Age" originally aired. TNT adbombs really heavily for their original shows. It often makes me resent the shows before I even give them a chance but I prefer and respond better to a very subtle informative approach to advertising that likely doesn't work on most people. Some prefer an alternative stylistic approach :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgQ60DoNRJs

LOL! :lol:
Nice guess for the return date of ST, turns out its Halloween night.... 8-)