Rest in Peace Fullbug (1971-2017)

robthorn24
Owner of Victory Pro

Re: Rest in Peace Fullbug (1971-2017)

Postby robthorn24 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

I didn't know him super well, but he always seemed like a really good guy. He was always pleasant in any encounters that I've ever had with him. Fullbug was one of the very first people to check out, and support, my son's YouTube channel, last summer. Even though his content may not have been exactly the stuff Bug was into, he still followed along, which made my son's day. I think that speaks to the kind of guy he was. Rest easy, Sean.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

I just found out last night and it felt like my heart exploded. What a good person man, gone way too soon.We will miss him, he was just a positive person. You can't dislike someone like that. We had a good amount of conversations over the past year, and he wasn't as religious of a person as I am, but he knew and didn't mind that I was praying for him. I just wanted so badly for him to live. Because... why do good people have to be the ones that leave us? Rest in power, Sean. You will be missed.

thejess2014
Community Member

Postby thejess2014 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Prayers for him and his family, I always liked Fullbug.
"We got no jobs, we got no food, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLIN' OFF!"

Foffy
Community Member

Postby Foffy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm

I did not know this man, but I can only wish peace and compassion to those who knew him and are suffering over this loss.

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:54 pm

i will miss his positive spirit too
rest in peace fullbug...
ImageImage

The_PR_Dragon
Community Member

Postby The_PR_Dragon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 pm

I, too, didn't know fullbug very well. But in all of our interactions in chat and on the boards, I thought of him as an all around stand-up guy. Another gone too soon.

RIP Bug. You'll be missed.

Formerly known as "FPRG"

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Just saw this. Gutted.

I only got to know fullbug well since FPW came out, he was always a regular in Twitch streams and we got to be pretty friendly. I knew he was ill and this news was probably coming, but damn. It doesn't make it any easier. :cry:

RIP fullbug, we'll miss ya buddy.

theking
Community Member

Postby theking » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 pm

rip budd!!! i'll miss ya

JDP
Community Member

Postby JDP » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 am

I didn't know the guy, as I'm fairly new to the scene - but either way my condolences to those who did know him. A friend's passing is never easy.
My Horrific Creations!: JDP's Delightful Grapplers

Leathers
Community Member

Postby Leathers » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 am

One of the best people to watch a stream with. Very nice and welcoming. I am really glad I got to interact with him during these past couple months. Will be missed. RIP.
Kevin Seven - Sweet 16 2017 FPWArena March Madness Tournament
Jaeger Flippo - Sweet 16 2017 Testing it Out Tournament
Hanshin Tiger -2017 FPWA BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery participant

ninjabrute
Community Member

Postby ninjabrute » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:11 am

I've got nothing else to say except this sucks.

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:37 am

Well, I'm in the same boat as quite a few posting here, I didn't know Fullbug well. I've lurked on these boards for a long time and have seen Fullbug's posts, laughed at some of his edits, and thought to myself, wow, it's awesome to see this odd game from Japan about dudes and girls in spandex slamming, stretching, submitting, pounding, and pinning one another is still bringing together great people with a love in common for pro wrestling and video games. Fullbug was one of many of the people here I'd noticed, and it made me happy to see such awesome people still breathing life into the Fire Pro community.

When I read Fullbug's post about his diagnosis and subsequent treatments, it hurt. like many here, I've lost people in my life to cancer. I've seen them react to the news differently, some try hide away and not let anyone see their struggle, to see them weak and in pain, as was the case for a mentor and good friend of mine that I lost a year and a half ago. Luckily I got to see him the day before he passed away, only because his daughter told me, even though he didn't want anyone to know. I miss him, but it felt so good to be able to let him know how much he meant to me, what an influence he had on my life and who I've become, and how I will always be there for his family like he was for me.

Fullbug's thread hit me. He had a ton of courage to share this aspect of his life with all of us, and trusted this community enough to share what some wouldn't share with people they've known all their lives. I was moved by his strength, his positivity, and openness in such a personal matter. I PMed him to tell him what I thought, even though I didn't know him. I let him know that I admired his strength, I asked him to accept peoples well wishes and prayers, and let him know, as I am sure all of you did on a regular basis, that all of us were gunning for him, sending him positive energy and wanting him to get through this. He thanked me and hoped that we could get to know each other better, and I returned the sentiment, because I legitimately wanted to, so those of you that knew him as a friend, count yourselves lucky.

I'm not an actively religious person, but I prayed for him on the 19th of December. I'm sad to see that he's gone, and I hope his family and friends will find strength to get through this with their good memories of this man. I want you all to realize what an awesome group you are, and how welcoming and accepting you are. Someone who is all but a stranger for all intents and purpouses considered this community to be family and worthy of helping him get through his struggle and deal with his fear. I hope you all think of what a positive influence you had on him, and how much strength you afforded him in such a scary time. Everyone here will miss Fullbug, but take comfort in the camaraderie, trust and comfort you all provided him in good times and in the bad. I feel lucky to be a part of this community. :)

pkawesome
Community Member

Postby pkawesome » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 pm

RIP

pickledmidget
Community Member

Postby pickledmidget » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

i did not know him as i am newer here but Rest in Peace. sorry to hear the news. see you at the matches brother.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:01 pm

BakFu888 wrote:Well, I'm in the same boat as quite a few posting here, I didn't know Fullbug well. I've lurked on these boards for a long time and have seen Fullbug's posts, laughed at some of his edits, and thought to myself, wow, it's awesome to see this odd game from Japan about dudes and girls in spandex slamming, stretching, submitting, pounding, and pinning one another is still bringing together great people with a love in common for pro wrestling and video games. Fullbug was one of many of the people here I'd noticed, and it made me happy to see such awesome people still breathing life into the Fire Pro community.

When I read Fullbug's post about his diagnosis and subsequent treatments, it hurt. like many here, I've lost people in my life to cancer. I've seen them react to the news differently, some try hide away and not let anyone see their struggle, to see them weak and in pain, as was the case for a mentor and good friend of mine that I lost a year and a half ago. Luckily I got to see him the day before he passed away, only because his daughter told me, even though he didn't want anyone to know. I miss him, but it felt so good to be able to let him know how much he meant to me, what an influence he had on my life and who I've become, and how I will always be there for his family like he was for me.

Fullbug's thread hit me. He had a ton of courage to share this aspect of his life with all of us, and trusted this community enough to share what some wouldn't share with people they've known all their lives. I was moved by his strength, his positivity, and openness in such a personal matter. I PMed him to tell him what I thought, even though I didn't know him. I let him know that I admired his strength, I asked him to accept peoples well wishes and prayers, and let him know, as I am sure all of you did on a regular basis, that all of us were gunning for him, sending him positive energy and wanting him to get through this. He thanked me and hoped that we could get to know each other better, and I returned the sentiment, because I legitimately wanted to, so those of you that knew him as a friend, count yourselves lucky.

I'm not an actively religious person, but I prayed for him on the 19th of December. I'm sad to see that he's gone, and I hope his family and friends will find strength to get through this with their good memories of this man. I want you all to realize what an awesome group you are, and how welcoming and accepting you are. Someone who is all but a stranger for all intents and purpouses considered this community to be family and worthy of helping him get through his struggle and deal with his fear. I hope you all think of what a positive influence you had on him, and how much strength you afforded him in such a scary time. Everyone here will miss Fullbug, but take comfort in the camaraderie, trust and comfort you all provided him in good times and in the bad. I feel lucky to be a part of this community. :)

This was a very moving post, especially the part I bolded. You have always been a friend of mine and a major positive to this community because of your positive energy (and our common interests!). I am really glad that you are back here. I missed our days at the Writing Dump. Also, I am sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor but I am glad you got to tell him what he meant to you. Thank you for sharing that story.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:46 am

I didn't know him too well myself, but I really hoped he'd be able to beat his cancer and make a full recovery so that he could enjoy many many more years of Fire Pro goodness.

Rest in peace, man. And fuck cancer.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Big Kyle
Community Member

Postby Big Kyle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 am

I left this forum for just four days and learned that Fullbug is dead?

Now I can't act like I say I know the guy personally, but he is a pretty noteworthy figure I see on this forum with his OSW Macho Man avatar everytime I lurked the pro wrestling discussions. It's very unfortunate that he died before the New Year AND Christmas; don't wan't to even imagine what his family are going through right now.
Just another creator projecting his ideas through a wrestling game. Like this one!

LaddWO
Community Member

Postby LaddWO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 am

These days, I lurk more than I post. I read Fullbug's posts and posts of others while anticipating Fire Pro World for the PS4. I am sorry to read of his passing. I am saddened to know that another longtime member of the community and lover of Fire Pro games has transitioned. And yes, cancer does suck.

Peace

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm

orochigeese wrote:This was a very moving post, especially the part I bolded. You have always been a friend of mine and a major positive to this community because of your positive energy (and our common interests!). I am really glad that you are back here. I missed our days at the Writing Dump. Also, I am sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor but I am glad you got to tell him what he meant to you. Thank you for sharing that story.

Thanks OG, I've always appreciated the friendship we've developed over the years, and yeah, The Dump was always pretty awesome! The sentiment I expressed about how supportive, friendly, and welcoming the community is is sincere, this group is awesome. The Streamed matches, the game tutorials, the discussions, and all of the other random fun stuff that happens here, all great stuff. It's good to be back here, but I wish the circumstances were different.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:12 pm

You are very welcome :D

I was really excited to see you come to the Arena and am glad that you are around here as much as you are 8-)

The Fire Pro community is absolutely the best gaming community I have ever been a part of or come across. Not only is it an incredible creative outlet, but it is also supportive and an excellent place for people who are going through difficult times. I really can't emphasize just how amazing and constructive this community (and game series) is for those who need something positive to turn to when things are difficult.

fullbug loved this place. Itt gave him enjoyment and support during the most difficult time. Every one of us who shared our passion and creativity as well as support and well wishes helped him cope in some way. And I know, personally, that his love for the game and community helped all of us as well and will stay with us.

Rest in Peace, fullbug.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:13 am

R.I.P FULLBUG,
Spoiler: show

Theamashoon
Community Member

Postby Theamashoon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:42 am

I did have a few interactions with him here, but I had no idea he was going through health issues. May he rest in peace and may the Lord bless his family.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:34 am

That's a great pic, Tommy.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Totally stealing this. Amazing work.

Tommy Tarantula wrote:R.I.P FULLBUG,

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Tommy Tarantula wrote:R.I.P FULLBUG,

That is a wonderful tribute to FB's incredible cast of characters.

My favorite touch is that it just had to be Horrid Hood taking the scythe in the bottom corner. I know Fullbug would have apprecaited that detail.