Twitter Banned me for 12 hours

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Twitter Banned me for 12 hours

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:47 pm

I got on Twitter to today to find out that they have dropped the ban hammer on me. I got banned for 12hrs because I called someone out for being very very mean and rude and disrespectful to people who are autistic and I my oldest son has autistic spectrum disorder. like this is where this country is at? I feel like they're taking away my first amendment right. So what I called him a dick nose and a piece of shit I wasn't wrong for that i never threatened him not one time. I will stand up for my son from anyone, anywhere, If you watch the right news this is happening everywhere this is complete bullshit and I reported the guy who said all these mean things and guess what? he's still on twitter talking shit about everything and anything. So just an F.Y.I don't stick up for anyone or anything or The twitter machine will ban you.

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Re: Twitter Banned me for 12 hours

Postby TigerSword » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Your first amendment right has nothing to do with Twitter. The first amendment only protects you from government arrest, private businesses are allowed to do whatever they want.

That said, Twitter is a horrific place, and they do a terrible job of enforcing their policies, it's a main reason I mostly stay off it unless it's Fire Pro related.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 pm

TigerSword wrote:Your first amendment right has nothing to do with Twitter. The first amendment only protects you from government arrest, private businesses are allowed to do whatever they want.

That said, Twitter is a horrific place, and they do a terrible job of enforcing their policies, it's a main reason I mostly stay off it unless it's Fire Pro related.
I'm so upset I guess I learned my leason to never stand up for anything or anyone for the greater of good because the twitter gods will come and drop the ban hammer on me. Sad Sad times we live in..

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 pm

There is no greater good here, and you're not a victim. This is narcissism at it's finest. Calling someone a 'dick nose piece of shit' isn't standing up for anything, it's turning a small problem into a big one. No matter what anyone else does, you're still responsible for your own behavior. This makes me think of those stupid walmart videos with 2 idiots fighting, and the lowest common denominators taking sides on the sidelines. Everyone is wrong, and it's an embarrassment for all involved. :oops:

If there is a lesson to be learned here, it's to stay on the high road.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 pm

DM_PSX wrote:There is no greater good here, and you're not a victim. This is narcissism at it's finest. Calling someone a 'dick nose piece of shit' isn't standing up for anything, it's turning a small problem into a big one. No matter what anyone else does, you're still responsible for your own behavior. This makes me think of those stupid walmart videos with 2 idiots fighting, and the lowest common denominators taking sides on the sidelines. Everyone is wrong, and it's an embarrassment for all involved. :oops:

If there is a lesson to be learned here, it's to stay on the high road.
You're right, but at the end of the day he is still a piece of shit and I stand by my words if you don't have a child with autism you will never understand when you read comments like that.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 pm

I should have just blocked the guy but I just couldn't and that was my fault. Wasn't playing the victim but its bullshit that he wasn't banned for saying some very mean and hurtful things but I got banned I reported him nothing happened I speak my mind and I got banned. it is bullshit.

dhcguy
Community Member

Postby dhcguy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Twitter sucks at enforcing their own rules unilaterally, but you broke the rules.
No matter how noble your intentions were, are you really that surprised you got banned?

I say stupid shit all the time that can be construed as breaking their TOS, but I'm always willing to roll the dice on a good joke.
and I know full well I MIGHT get banned for it but I know the risk I am taking.

Own that shit.

Also, be happy it was only a 24 hour suspension...I know a dude who can't use the Internet for 4 years cause he tried to buy Internet weed.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

dhcguy wrote:Twitter sucks at enforcing their own rules unilaterally, but you broke the rules.
No matter how noble your intentions were, are you really that surprised you got banned?

I say stupid shit all the time that can be construed as breaking their TOS, but I'm always willing to roll the dice on a good joke.
and I know full well I MIGHT get banned for it but I know the risk I am taking.

Own that shit.

Also, be happy it was only a 24 hour suspension...I know a dude who can't use the Internet for 4 years cause he tried to buy Internet weed.
Own that shit? really I guess you didn't read the part were I said
I stand by my words
smfh :roll:

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 pm

I got my account back anyways so it's in the past, under the bridge, Moving on...

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Stay off social media. Social media is garbage.
Image Image

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Makar17 wrote:Stay off social media. Social media is garbage.

This is the takeaway here. Also, if not, then to keep things in perspective. People will spew vile things on social media. Best to just let them go and not take the bait.

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

senator wrote:
Makar17 wrote:Stay off social media. Social media is garbage.

This is the takeaway here. Also, if not, then to keep things in perspective. People will spew vile things on social media. Best to just let them go and not take the bait.
Exactly and I was the dumb one who took the bait :lol: Never again there is a block button for a reason right? :)

dhcguy
Community Member

Postby dhcguy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:28 pm

You could still obliterate someone online without cussing. That is where you get into trouble.