NFL 2018: TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

King_of_Kong
Community Member

Re: NFL 2016: The Kickoffening! aka TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby King_of_Kong » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Another loooooong year for Bears fans :(
Also the Arizona Cardinals should be ashamed of themselves.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Re: NFL 2016: The Kickoffening! aka TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm

As a new follower (this is my 2nd season) of the NFL I must say I enjoyed the opening weekend. I'm still getting to grips with the rules and tactics but it's a great game to watch. It's a bit like a giant game of chess to me.

I hope all you guys here enjoy the season, and all the best for your teams over the season whoever you support.

I find the game relaxing to watch, its a nice break from watching our football(soccer).

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: NFL 2016: The Patriots Will Win with a Kicker at QB aka TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby El Marsh » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:19 am

So, who else is ready to see Julian Edelman play QB in the NFL?

I'm no Patriots fan but it would be the SUPREME troll job if they could beat Rex Ryan (who has a personal blood vendetta against them) with the 4th-string QB who is actually a WR :lol:

I don't "think" they'll actually throw him back there but it would be pretty damn hilarious if they did.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: NFL 2016: The Patriots Will Win with a Kicker at QB aka TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby Carlzilla » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:19 pm

LeGarrette Blount would get a lot of work if they put Edelman back there. Nothing against him, his college career was pretty good, but I couldn't see the NE coaches letting Edelman throw the ball a ton.

Either way, the Bills would lose.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:58 pm

The Bills would lose that game if there was nobody in New England's backfield.
ImageImage ImageImage

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm

New England could start a push broom at QB and the bills would still lose.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:41 pm

I think the Bills' only chance of winning is if New England had Jay Cutler at QB. :P Fortunately for the Patriots, Chicago has Cutler :lol:

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:02 pm

So what you're saying is that there's an inverse correlation between the amount of Jay Cutlers one team has and the amount of wins they manage?

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:10 pm

I've never been so embarrassed by 1 half of football.

What the shit, Patriots, you should be walking all over these guys.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Well, how about them Raiders. I'm happy with Carr's performance so far. Sure, the defense sucks but as far as Carr can make 4th quarter comebacks like he did today I'm happy.
Image Image

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:23 am

Well, it looks like the Bills embarassed us all. Guess that's what happens after Bills managers lights a fire under the Ryan brothers' asses.
ImageImage ImageImage

450splash
Community Member

Postby 450splash » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:39 am

Well, looks like another season of "Why Bother?" staring the New York Jets. The upside is, now that I live in Washington DC, I don't get to see their crapfest live. :)
Even through the darkest days, this fire burns always.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:28 am

Vontaze Burfict should not be playing football. Anywhere.

http://dailysnark.com/new-footage-shows ... ounts-leg/

Once a dirty player, always a dirty player.
ImageImage ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 am

Yup

But they're more concerned with making sure Brandon Crooks keeps his harmless TD pose to himself :roll:
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:23 pm

El Marsh wrote:Yup

But they're more concerned with making sure Brandon Crooks keeps his harmless TD pose to himself :roll:

While I have your attention, Marsh, what is your take on Kniles Davis? What kind of RB is he? Think he can make some sort of contribution to Green Bay?

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Knile Davis is a solid running back who has all of the physical tools to be an effective player. Unfortunately, he's had a bit of a problem holding onto the ball (that I think has been a bit overblown but is still a "tag" he's settled with) and he struggled a bit last year to run through holes on the Chiefs' patchwork offensive line. The overt reason that the Chiefs are ditching him is that there's just not enough room in the backfield for him with the returned Jamal Charles, Spencer Ware (who has beasted it up in spurts), and Charcandrick West, all of whom have big play potential. However, I've speculated since last season (when he was completely usurped on the depth chart by the latter two) that there must have been some sort of personal/professional rift between him and the coaches, as he went from the #2 back on the team to #4 (behind an inactive Charles, even) in the matter of a week or so. He still contributed decently as a kick returner last year (including a TD return in their first playoff win in 22 years) but this season, he's even been replaced in that capacity. He really hasn't played a whole lot this year. Despite what I perceive to be a frustrating and perhaps unfair slide down the depth chart, he's handled himself like a complete professional in the public.

tl:dr he's an average back that deserves another chance at regular playing time after an unceremonious demotion
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks for the info, Marsh. I doubt the Packers will use him on Thursday due to the short week, but hopefully after Thursday, he can make some sort of contribution as a change of pace back like Starks did for the Packers before his injury. Eddie Lacy cannot be expected to be in there on every play.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Considering how poor Spencer Ware's ball handling has been at times this season, I find it hard to believe that Knile Davis is much worse. This is a great pickup for the Packers because they are basically picking up a guy who was wasting his talent on the bench and it's a much needed backup for Eddie Lacy.
ImageImage ImageImage

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:23 am

What a dick move. Totally NSFW.

Spoiler: show
ImageImage ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:30 am

What's Brady's mouthpiece doing on the ground?
ImageImage

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:32 am

ImageImage ImageImage

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:48 am

Holy shit, I felt that burn while in one of the other forums :shock:

Well played, Marsh :D

NSL
Community Member

Postby NSL » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

The San Diego Chargers will move to Los Angeles, and rebrand:

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Logo looks like the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Los Angeles Dodgers had a baby :P

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Timberwolf wrote:Logo looks like the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Los Angeles Dodgers had a baby :P

ImageImage