Animated GIF maker

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Animated GIF maker

Postby orochigeese » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:20 am

Can anyone recommend a good and free Animated GIF creator?

I want to make the pretty pictures move :D

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: Animated GIF maker

Postby orochigeese » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:08 am

LOL, it looks like I already have one that was buried within folders: UnFREEz.

It works pretty well. But any other suggestions are still welcome :D

SonnyBone
Community Member

Postby SonnyBone » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:18 am

You mean screen capture and saving to GIF?
Or fully featured editing?

If it's just screen capping, try GIFCAM.

I use Photoshop for all my editing, though... so I can't help on the editor stuff. There was once a program back in the day but it's probably been replaced by now.
#FetidToads

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks for the response and suggestions :D

I will check out GIFCAM 8-)

I used to use Microsoft's animated gif program but that seems to have disappeared from my computer.

I know that Virtual Dub allows you to export the video into individual frames of picture animation, useful for animated gifs. But what I was looking for is a program to take a bunch of individual gifs and combine them into an animated one. Luckily I randomly found that "UnFREEz" program tonight. I had a bunch of pics I capped from the emulator but, in retrospect, it probably would have made more sense to capture a video of what I had intended and then get individual frames rather than "snapping" pics from the emulator every moment that I could. Oh well.

This is what I did for those wondering my evil intentions for getting an animated gif maker.

Spoiler: show

I know it could be smoother (I only got 3-4 pics for each move) but it works kind of well for my purposes.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 am

Yeah UnFREEZ is some year 2000 shit, geese, get on that GIFCAM train.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

SonnyBone
Community Member

Postby SonnyBone » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:41 am

Try this maybe?
It's PAY WHAT YOU WANT
And has a free version
http://www.giffingtool.com/
#FetidToads

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:43 am

That looks pretty sweet. Cause you know, gifcam is some year 2012 shit.

GEEEZ that Inception WebM is great.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:11 am

Thanks for the program suggestions, guys. Downloaded GIFcam and will check out giffingtool 8-)

C-Drive wrote:GEEEZ that Inception WebM is great.

Yeah, seriously, that looks incredible :markout:

Ven0mous
Community Member

Postby Ven0mous » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:49 am

I always just used gimp for all of mine. I use gimp for everything image editing.
Makar17 wrote:My mouth was telling me it was delicious but my brain was calling me gay.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:31 am

Almost created a new thread for this but remembered I make a thread like this every 2-3 years :lol:

So what program, in the year of the Goose 2018, are you all using to create Animated GIFS for FPW?

And what is your process? :punch:

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:00 pm

orochigeese wrote:Almost created a new thread for this but remembered I make a thread like this every 2-3 years :lol:

So what program, in the year of the Goose 2018, are you all using to create Animated GIFS for FPW?

And what is your process? :punch:

I use http://www.gifs.com

I simply paste in the URL of my Twitch clips and it makes the gifs for me and I then save the gifs to my imgur account. I've yet to try making a gif from a YouTube video though.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for the information :idea: The only drawback to that method is that I'd always have to use OBS/Twitch and right now I get better resolution from my Win*G command video capture than for OBS/Twitch. Still, it's pretty awesome that gifs.com actually makes the animated gifs from the clips you give it. May really have to consider that. Can/do you edit your twitch videos to just the clips of the animated gifs you want to feature?

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:34 am

I am not sure. The artist formerly known as Control Frenzy :P takes clips from his Twitch streams all the time and converts it to gifs as you have seen on the markouts thread. So he might be a better resource to ask on this topic.

I believe the gifs website also allows you to upload your own recorded clips to convert to gifs.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm

orochigeese wrote:Thanks for the information :idea: The only drawback to that method is that I'd always have to use OBS/Twitch and right now I get better resolution from my Win*G command video capture than for OBS/Twitch. Still, it's pretty awesome that gifs.com actually makes the animated gifs from the clips you give it. May really have to consider that. Can/do you edit your twitch videos to just the clips of the animated gifs you want to feature?

Timberwolf wrote:I am not sure. The artist formerly known as Control Frenzy :P takes clips from his Twitch streams all the time and converts it to gifs as you have seen on the markouts thread. So he might be a better resource to ask on this topic.

I believe the gifs website also allows you to upload your own recorded clips to convert to gifs.

Replying to both of you at once:

I use http://www.giphy.com to create my gifs.

Here's a step-by-step guide:

Let's use this clip of Fantasia Fantastica hitting a Critical! Phoenix Splash on Hana's Babe Ruthless:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PolishedConside ... anicBasket

Right-click anywhere on the clip and save it.

Go to http://www.giphy.com - Click on "Create" near the top right corner of the screen.

You'll be met with the GIF creator menu; Select the "Choose Video" option.

Browse to your video or clip to upload it; In this case it's the clip linked above.

Trim your video or clip using the "Duration" and "Start Time" sliders as necessary.

Once you've done that, click on "Continue to Decorate" then "Continue to Upload".

Click on "Upload to Giphy"; Give it a few minutes and you're done!

~~~

Here's the clip in gif form after completing all of the above steps:

I should also mention that Giphy's max gif length is 15 seconds.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 am

Thanks very much for this guide!! :idea:

The only question I have about the process is this:

How do I turn a video (using OBS streamed to Twitch) into a clip?

Do I do that within my video manager on my Twitch site?

Edit: Ok, I think I figured it out:

Here's a clip from From Deni's pre-show this weekend:

Spoiler: show

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:31 am

Oh, my bad.

Yeah, All of the clips you capture will be listed under the Clips tab of your channel or the channel that the clip was captured from.

https://www.twitch.tv/<yournamehere>/clips OR https://www.twitch.tv/<theirusernamehere>/clips
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 am

Yeah, I realized I was able to figure out how to make clips if I just looked around for a few seconds on Twitch :lol:

Giphy also makes animated GIFS out of youtube videos too and I get better resolution with my Win*G capture and Youtube upload process so I was able to make a clip while bypassing the OBS/Twitch route.

And actually, the potentially better solution is for me to upload my raw AVI files (from Win*G capture) to Twitch (completely ignoring youtube), get clips from those videos, and then use your Giphy process from that point. This works best for matches that I only want for the clips and not for the overall matches. If I get a really good overall match, I'd probably want to add that to my youtube list and go that route via Giphy.

In any case, I have options :D