NFL 2018: TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Re: NFL 2017: PLEASE STAND AS WE SALUTE...... TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby TigerSword » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Once Belichick retires, it looks like McDaniels will take over as head coach and GM, as Belichick is planning on teaching him all the GM side stuff also

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Call Jimmy G, Jimmy Dolla Sign from now on. Sheesh.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:57 am

TigerSword wrote:Once Belichick retires, it looks like McDaniels will take over as head coach and GM, as Belichick is planning on teaching him all the GM side stuff also

Yup, the debbil powuhz!
:mrgreen:

Level wrote:Call Jimmy G, Jimmy Dolla Sign from now on. Sheesh.

No words, really.

Play half a season (very well, admittedly) get PAID.

Heck of a gamble by Frisco but if he actually turns out to be their best QB since Steve Young retired, maybe it will even out?

Crazy/
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Every game Garoppolo was part of with the 49ers last year was exciting to watch. Just imagine what they can do if they had other players as talented as him. The contract money aside, locking him up was a no-brainer and allows John Lynch to focus on building up the defense and adding more offensive weapons.
ImageImage ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

I wonder how much of Jimmy G's contract is guaranteed. If he turns out to be a one year year wonder, the Niners will be stuck with that contract.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm happy for Garoppolo, but I wish the Pats had kept him...

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:53 am

Carlzilla wrote:I'm happy for Garoppolo, but I wish the Pats had kept him...

The trade shocked me. Do y’all think that it happened because of Brady’s insecurities like the rumors suggest?

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Level wrote:

The trade shocked me. Do y’all think that it happened because of Brady’s insecurities like the rumors suggest?

Possibly. I think it probably had more to do with the fact that Jimmy G. had been sitting on the bench since Draft Day except for 2 games in 2016. He probably wanted some playing time, and Brady keep insisting that he's got gas left in the tank, so the team could either keep him benched and potentially get nothing out of him, or try to get something for him in a trade.

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Carlzilla wrote:
Level wrote:

Possibly. I think it probably had more to do with the fact that Jimmy G. had been sitting on the bench since Draft Day except for 2 games in 2016. He probably wanted some playing time, and Brady keep insisting that he's got gas left in the tank, so the team could either keep him benched and potentially get nothing out of him, or try to get something for him in a trade.

In don't feel it had anything to do with Brady. It just feels like "the Patriot Way." I mean, Wes Welker, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, those were all guys I never expected the Patriots to just let go of, but it's what New England does. Get as much as you can while you still can.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

TigerSword wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
Level wrote:

In don't feel it had anything to do with Brady. It just feels like "the Patriot Way." I mean, Wes Welker, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, those were all guys I never expected the Patriots to just let go of, but it's what New England does. Get as much as you can while you still can.

Jamie Collins....

Yeah, that's actually exactly what I meant though. Brady still had time left in him, and as long as Brady is still playing Jimmy G. was going to sit on the bench...or the team could turn around and get something out of him...which is what they decided to do.

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Some solid quarterbacks in the draft. Would it be funny if the Patriots got one with the 49ers' pick?

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Timberwolf wrote:Some solid quarterbacks in the draft. Would it be funny if the Patriots got one with the 49ers' pick?

It's what they do. Draft a good QB, let him back up for a while, then trade him away for a good draft pick to draft another decent QB.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:42 pm

Jaguars re-sign Blake Bortles to a 3-year, $54 million contract with $26.5 million guaranteed. What an atrocious contract.
ImageImage ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Looks like the Patriots will have to find new referees to bribe :P

https://usat.ly/2I7GZHb

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Times seem to be changing, big-time, for the Seahawks. The defense seems to be going through some major changes with people leaving, Michael Bennett already being traded to Philly, Sherman likely on his way out... Hard to tell what's going to happen. All these articles calling "the Legion of Boom is over", but I feel that's premature. The team's going through what seems like a major restructuring this offseason. I'd be SERIOUSLY worried if I were one of the other NFC West teams right now, cause if this works out for Seattle, they're gonna be terrifying once again.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Re: NFL 2018: TOUCHDOWN!!! THE NFL THREAD

Postby El Marsh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Tim.....TIM......TIIIIIIIIIMMMMMM

*look at this*

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYovmxgutz ... e=ig_embed
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm

El Marsh wrote:Tim.....TIM......TIIIIIIIIIMMMMMM

*look at this*

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYovmxgutz ... e=ig_embed

That is awesome :)

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 am

*waits for Zealot's annual draft commentary*

;)

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Okay.

For starters, what can I say that hasn't already been said about Cleveland already? It feels like deja vu from when they drafted Gilbert and Manziel a few years ago.

They should have just drafted Saquan Barkley. And on top of that, they blew their other top 5 pick on a cornerback that probably won't even be on the team the next 2-3 seasons.

Am I saying Ward and Mayfield will be bad players? No. I just don't believe it does anything to encourage the fanbase. Besides, Cleveland is just too toxic of an environment and I think they would have been better off trading down to acquire more picks seeing as quite a few of the top QB prospects showed disdain for playing there.

As a result of Cleveland's ineptitude, the Giants got Barkley and arguably the fantasy rookie sleeper pick going into next season.

Jets got lucky picking up Darnold. That seems like a good fit. Credit to Buffalo and Arizona moving up to make solid QB selections as well. I like Allen's situation a lot as I think he can gel well there. Rosen is a logical choice by Arizona, but Rosen saying he was pissed at falling out of the top 3 makes me wonder. He previously threw Cleveland under the bus and it just seems like the guy is really full of himself.

It's also about damn time Indy drafted some O-Line help so Luck doesn't end up in a stretcher this season.

Book will be mad the Saints gave up a first for a DE. LOL.

Seahawks are SOOOOOO desperate to replace Lynch that they reached for another RB.

As for the Steelers, I'm kind of meh on the selection. It's nice to see a pair of brothers get picked in the first round for the first time ever, but it doesn't really inspire me as say Lamar Jackson being groomed to take over after Ben retires would be.

And just as I said that, Ozzie Fucking Newsome in his final year as GM trump the Steelers and take Jackson. It's shocking, but it makes too much sense. They are paying Flacco a ton of money to be a walking injury and they need a solid young backup who can learn behind him. This is gonna suck.

Overall, an alright first round for most teams. Roger Goodell probably failed harder than anyone though. I mean what was the thought process of being flanked by Cowboys HOFers to avoid boos? Does he not understand that Jerry Jones hates him? What planet does he live on?
ImageImage ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:55 pm

I don't personally think Jackson will do anything in the NFL and think it was something of a reach to take him in the first round, even at the very end (though I'm kind of glad that someone did because I hate seeing dudes get crushed on what's supposed to be among the biggest days of their loves). I could very well be wrong about it but he really does seem like the next Troy Smith, which is fitting given who drafted him. Not even trying to hate on the kid but h has "college HoF/NFL journeyman" written all over him.

I really hope that DE for the Saints pans out because frankly, that was a very stupid trade on their part. Not the worst that they've ever made at the draft though :lol:

I think Mayfield "could" be a good (not superb) NFL QB but......Cleveland. Of the QBs drafted in the first round yesterday, I think Darnold with the Jets and Allen with the Bills are clear winners. Cleveland could have drafted either of those guys but the reaction would have been equally as doubtful because that franchise is such a black hole for promising talent. As for that Rosen kid, he's notoriously opinionated which is all well and good but it will be interesting to see if that outspokenness becomes too much for his employer to stomach. I don't blame him for his response though. He got asked a stupid question about slipping in the draft (and losing millions of dollars on his first contract in the process) and he opted to be real about it. I'm skeptical of his durability though, the latter of which is especially concerning since Arizona's nominal starting QB will be brittle Sam Bradford and Rosen has had serious issues with staying healthy the last two seasons. Of every QB taken in the 1st round, I think Darnold has the best potential to be a "star" but the Jets are really going to have to get him some help early on, otherwise it'll be a waste. Josh Allen reminds me so much of Joe Flacco that it's not even funny: cannon armed, small school guy with accuracy concerns coming out of college; to his credit, Allen can actually move in the pocket, unlike the Flacco who has ALWAYS been pretty stiff mobility-wise.

Saquon Barkley with the Giants could be something special. He seems like a really well-grounded dude so I hope he can stay that way while playing under the lights and dealing with the "eccentricity" of some of his teammates in NY. By the same token, I really hope the Giants don't try to run him into the ground and ruin him by the time he's 26.

My most hated really good move of the draft has to be Denver drafting Bradley Chubb at #5 overall. Chubb was projected on several boards as the best prospect in the draft and was widely speculated to be going to Detroit at #2 or Cleveland at #4. So when Cleveland chose the CB, Chibb basically fell right into John Elway's lap and now the Broncos once again have perhaps the most dangerous pass rushing tandem in the league with Chubb and Vonn Miller (no doubts about this kid; Chubb is the real deal). As a Chiefs fan, I really hate that but it was the only reasonable move Denver could make there and they didn't screw it up. Khalil Mack in Oakland, Joey Bosa in Los Angeles, and now Chubb with Miller in Denver; at least we have Eric Berry coming back at safety? xD >_<

The Chiefs traded away their first round pick in this draft to move up and take Pat Mahomes last year. I'm still not sold on him with just one NFL start under his belt but the die has long been cast on it. It's just unfortunate because the Chiefs desperately need help on both the offensive and defensive lines and this year would have been a good one to draft one of those in the first 30.
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 pm

El Marsh wrote:I really hope that DE for the Saints pans out because frankly, that was a very stupid trade on their part. Not the worst that they've ever made at the draft though :lol

Oh, I think it was a good trade :D

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 pm

yeah, I bet xD
ImageImage

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Yup. Now I'm pulling hard for the Saints to do a face plant in 2018 :D