Music

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: Music

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:46 am

I have 2 HP Lovecraft Historical Society CD full of Christmas songs reimagined to have Cthulhu mythos themes.

It's the only Christmas music we listen to in the house.

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:02 am

RIP Lemmy Kilmister. Just got done listening to Motorhead and received the text just a few minutes later...

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Killed by Death...

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:47 pm

RIP Lemmy. This guy was my hero when I was about 14.

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 pm

RIP David Bowie.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:48 pm

saiyanblade84 wrote:RIP David Bowie.

Yeah, was, and still am a big fan of his early work, sad, he was a true icon..... :(

Severla

Postby Severla » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:39 am

OmniBLACK wrote:The singer is Rob Zombie's younger brother.

And he gets greatly offended if you call him 'Spyder Zombie' apparently.

In other news:
My Spotify random weekly playlist this week had both 'Walk' by Pantera and 'One of a Kind' by Breaking Point, leading me to believe that their RNG machine is a huge RVD fan.

For Bowie's passing: have you watched the video for Lazareth on his album that launched on the 8th? (Which was his birthday, too :( ) It's very obviously him singing about knowing his time was short.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 pm

The last half of 2014 and the entire 2015 was all about Pennywise for me but I am now giving them a break as I pretty much listened to them every day and every album about a gazillion times. Best to let them rest a little bit in my head now as I have exhausted them :lol:

A few weeks ago I was just kind of random'ing my punk playlist and Rancid caught my ear again. I've always been a fan of them and have listened to them exclusively for phases. I felt their energy again and realized I only had 3 albums that I kept cycling through. So I got a few more and really like some of their newer stuff. I've mainly been listening to them since the end of 2015 and start of this year. I don't anticipate "main'ing" them the entire year though as it's probably best I give myself a bit more diversity this year than last year :lol:

It's pretty cool to hear a band that is so inventive and experimental. The variety and musical style span in (and throughout) the three albums, "Let's Go, "Out come the Wolves", and "Life Won't Wait" is rare for any band.

I think a new Offspring album is set to be released this year so I am excited for that too 8-)

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:32 pm

My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm

El Marsh wrote:So......this exists :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gSvNeqevg

I've loved that video for years.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm in the process of finding and getting the Moon Diver (XBLA) OST, and also getting the OSTs for the first few Guilty Gear games
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

scorp
Community Member

Postby scorp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:39 pm

really nice cover of "sound of silence by "Disturbed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:21 pm

scorp wrote:really nice cover of "sound of silence by "Disturbed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

I keep trying to figure out when Howie Mandel became Disturbed's lead singer.

FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:52 pm

That's uncanny :shock:

My music absorption is so strange. I basically wring a band out like a sponge and then can't listen to them for like 2-3 years after that. After listening to Pennywise almost exclusively from August 2014 to October 2015, I had to stop. Now I'm doing the same thing to Rancid that I did to Pennywise. Draining the life blood out of the songs so I can feed :indigo:

I MUST BE STOPPED.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 am

Radio radio radio radio...when I got the music...

It's been probably over 18 years since I've thrown on a Rancid album...but the first three will always be nostalgic.

Boney_Magician
Community Member

Postby Boney_Magician » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:20 am

RUNTHEJEWELSSTORE.COM

GOD BLESS.

MERRY CRIHMAS.
#OtakuGANG

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:00 pm

bumping an ancient thread because I'm telling pretty much everyone I know about an awesome album I discovered on the YouTubes.

Transpanda - Goats against Humanity

check it out - very weird, jazzy and heavy instrumental music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oErCE2pIyqs

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Speaking of Jazz, I've really been digging some Sammy Davis, Jr. lately

Arguably the most versatile entertainer of Hollywood's Golden Age, he did it all and quite well at that. Singing, dancing, acting, impressions, comedy.....dude was "it." Wish he were a bit more appreciated today but I guess that's what time does. Anyhow, give it a shot if you like that old style crooning.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Been getting a little bit more progressive with my music choices. Just discovered Leprous for the first time. Einar has the voice of an angel. Throw in the start of me getting into the discography of Dream Theater and TesseracT to see what I like.

Adding Leprous's new album Malina to the playlist along with the new Queens of the Stone Age and Galaktikon.

Rock/metal stuff aside, I'm a bit surprised with the new direction Taylor Swift is going with her new single. The lyric video has a great design. I'm just wondering who pissed her off this time. Was it the dude she sued for grabbing her ass and losing his job?
ImageImage ImageImage

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 am

My future step-daughter loves Disney music, and while I'm a fan of Disney, I don't really care for their musical style, so I've been finding metal covers of Disney songs. Hard to find good ones, but I've found some instrumentals, so she just sings along with them.

https://youtu.be/usPoug7NcZo

I've been listening to more instrumental music lately. I always have a hard time relating to lyrics in songs, and many, if I actually pay attention to the lyrics, and pretty off-putting. :/

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:30 am

Discovered "Strung Out" last year and it's basically been my #1 go-to band since then. It's in danger of being over-listened to though so I'm gonna slow down a little. 2014-15 was Pennywise, 2015-16 was Rancid, and 2016-17 was Strung Out. I tend to run music into the ground until I can't listen to it for another few years :lol:

Zealot wrote:Been getting a little bit more progressive with my music choices. Just discovered Leprous for the first time. Einar has the voice of an angel. Throw in the start of me getting into the discography of Dream Theater and TesseracT to see what I like.

Adding Leprous's new album Malina to the playlist along with the new Queens of the Stone Age and Galaktikon.

That's awesome that you are getting into Dream Theater. I've been listening to them for a while since a friend pointed me to "Scenes from a Memory." I regret that I haven't tried out more of their stuff though given how long I've known of them and how much I've listened to "Scenes from a Memory" over the years.

When I first listened to Galaktikon 1, I loved it right away and have listened to it frequently since then. It's one of my top 10 go-to albums at any given time. I can't say the same about the new one. I don't really have a taste for it. There were a few songs that I enjoyed and the instrumental was fun but this is kind of disappointing. It's not really a criticism though, just a statement of "not my thing" - at least, not from the first listen.

It's not really that it's too metal for me though. There were a number of Metapocalypse/Dethklok songs I've really liked over the years (I've been waiting to use "Black Fire Upon Us" for a specific e-fed wrestler for like 3-4 years now...no joke) but I just couldn't get into the majority of this album. And while I shouldn't compare albums, the fact I was instantly into Galaktikon 1 does kind of further color my meh reaction to the second.

It deserves another shot though.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

Been listening to a lot of Exodus, especially their first album 'Bonded By Blood'. Also symphonic death metal band Fleshgod Apocalypse, their second album 'Agony' I highly recommend.

Eckertmania
Single Post Troll

Postby Eckertmania » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 am

A lot of different stuff lately.

The new Paramore is such a throwback to late 80s pop that it should come with a day-glo headband, but it's great.
Dove back into Anthrax, which lead me to Goatwhore, which is pretty damn amazing.
Kinda been in a gothy mood, too, so lots of SIsters of Mefcy and Type O Negative.

Honestly, I'm just all over the place

oh_my.goth
Community Member

Postby oh_my.goth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Eckertmania wrote:A lot of different stuff lately.

The new Paramore is such a throwback to late 80s pop that it should come with a day-glo headband, but it's great.
Dove back into Anthrax, which lead me to Goatwhore, which is pretty damn amazing.
Kinda been in a gothy mood, too, so lots of SIsters of Mefcy and Type O Negative.

Honestly, I'm just all over the place

Sisters of Mercy and Type O Negative are a couple of my favs

If you're in a goth rock mood check out Death In June, Ex Voto, IKON or Posie Noir

Eisenheim
Community Member

Postby Eisenheim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Ah yeah.
Musik!

Sisters Of Mercy is Love. Neverland is one of the best tracks ever made.

But this is Killing Joke. If You don't know, You might like. I just put in the full album, it's too good.
Another album to recommend is Millenium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn0D-La ... UI13RJHWTh

Enjoy.

It`s magic! Image

"I imagine Eisenheim living in a cartoon castle on a magical floating mountain in the clouds high above Germany, every room stuffed to the brim with a billion unique smilies. With Eisenheim wandering the halls, contemplating new and wonderful uses for them all." - TheDenizen

facebook'd