TV

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: TV

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 12, 2017 4:45 am

fullbug wrote:LOL! :lol:
Nice guess for the return date of ST, turns out its Halloween night.... 8-)

Perfect. Go trick-or-treating to supply an epic sugar high to watch a few episodes that night :lol:

Too bad Halloween is in the middle of the week this year and not on Friday. Like 90% of Stranger Things fans would rip through the new season within 24 hours of it being released :lol:

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 pm

No big surprise, but this really pisses me off.... :evil:

NBC series Timeless cancelled.
http://tvline.com/2017/05/10/timeless-c ... son-2-nbc/
ImageImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon May 15, 2017 5:27 am

I'm 5 episodes into Young Justice and already pissed that there are only two seasons

seriously, this show is pretty neat
ImageThe ultimate love is cannibalism.
Bow before Marsh!
ImageImage

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 pm

fullMETAL wrote:fb: then it got UN-cancelled.
https://tvline.com/2017/05/13/timeless- ... son-2-nbc/

Cool! I'm very surprised..... 8-)
ImageImageImage

Pyrodean
Community Member

Postby Pyrodean » Fri May 19, 2017 3:13 pm

So I begged my fiance to watch Stranger Things because she said she thought it didn't look good and I was like, "it's awesome you should watch it". She did but made me promise to watch a show of her choosing at a later time. Big mistake. She ended up thinking it was only ok(she is a 90s baby so I don't think it really connected with her). Her show choice for me, (which I was dreading because she watches a lot of reality TV, but it ended up being much worse) 13 Reasons Why. I say worse because anything to do with modern teenagers I try to stay away from. Every since I stopped being one I have found teens to be annoying for the most part, especially the Millennial generation of them lol. But I actually ended up thinking it was pretty good.

13 Reasons Why
Spoiler: show
I had the wrong idea of it going in. For some reason I assumed it was some kind of modern "Heathers" type of show, but it wasn't like that at all. It was well acted and the characters were all believable. I thought it had an interesting story, I was hooked half way through the first episode, Although I did almost rage quit when Clay asked what a boombox is lol. I liked how each episode/tape focused on one person and reveled a little more to the mystery at a time.

I had a feeling in the back of mind that maybe Hannah somehow faked her death and was doing this to get back at everyone and teach them a lesson. Given how mysterious Tony's character was and why she involved him with the tapes when he seemingly didn't fit into any of it, had me thinking that was going to be the plot twist. That he helped her fake it and was making sure everyone followed the rules and listened to the tapes. But that was not the case. When the suicide scene finally did come, it was hard to watch.

I wasn't a fan of how it ended though because it was obvious they left a few plot lines unresolved to try and stretch it out into a second season. When they really could have wrapped it up all. It is looking like season two may have school shootings as its plot device. I'm not sure how interested I will be in something like that. I will probably watch it just to see how the unresolved stuff from season one ends up. All in all I liked it. I thought it was an interesting, although very sad, story. I wished they would have wrapped everything up and made it one complete story because I don't see how they will fill a whole other season.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Pyrodean wrote:So I begged my fiance to watch Stranger Things because she said she thought it didn't look good and I was like, "it's awesome you should watch it". She did but made me promise to watch a show of her choosing at a later time.

First mistake, agreeing to watch one of her shows, god, if I did that I would be watching Dancing With The Stars or crap like that every night.... :lol:
ImageImageImage

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 pm

BLACKLIST SEASON FINALE OMG :O

Spoiler: show
FINALLY we get confirmation that Red is Liz's father, but JEEZ that means we'll have to deal with the fallout from his OTHER family that he left to become a criminal mastermind somewhere down the line. (At least that means Mary-Louise Parker might come back as Red's ex though!)
I hated to see Kaplan die, she really wound up becoming one of my favorite characters on the show and her backstory episode was a big part of that in the back half of this season.
Hardison from Leverage! And he SAYS the word "leverage"! (lol wink)
Also, FINALLY Aram and Samar! "Armar"? "Mojabi"?
Nice to see Tom get a quick appearance in too. :)
Also, DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN the Briefcase
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Return to “Everything Else”