Community Member

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Vampiro doing great things over there in AAA :roll: :lol:

Timberwolf
Community Member

Postby Timberwolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Wrestlemania is a special show where it used to be that only certain wrestlers would appear on the show. It used to be a big deal if someone got to be on the show. Now with those meaningless battle royals and other matches, everyone and their mother is on the show. :| It's now nothing more than a glorified RAW or Smackdown.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:30 pm

There's a reason I live in the area and am not going to Mania.

Now the ROH Supershow, I've had tickets for since they announced Tanahashi back in September lmao.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:03 pm

I have to ask. Do you guys think Daniel Bryan Danielson will have his moveset watered down? Ie. no more flying headbutts from the top rope, no more running outside suicide dives, no more running apron knee attack dives to the outside? He did do the corner running dropkicks which shocked me seeing as those moves make him land on his back and neck areas.

Man I would love to see him magically appear in NJPW to face their biggest attraction there. Also to atleast see and hear him come out the "Final Countdown" one last time as it looks like he is never going to leave WWE for the rest of his career. I wish WWE would acknowledge him as the "American Dragon" or "AmDrag" as people on here used to referred to him as.

jbravos
Community Member

Postby jbravos » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Wrestle kingdom 13 Danielson vs Okada?

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm

jbravos wrote:Wrestle kingdom 13 Danielson vs Okada?

Danielson vs Shibata night 8 of the G1 Climax

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Timberwolf wrote:Wrestlemania is a special show where it used to be that only certain wrestlers would appear on the show. It used to be a big deal if someone got to be on the show. Now with those meaningless battle royals and other matches, everyone and their mother is on the show. :| It's now nothing more than a glorified RAW or Smackdown.

So true, and the biggest match always involves some celebrity or bringing somebody back from the past because the product is so stale they have to artificially inject some life into it for anyone to notice they aren't watching Raw.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Old Baby wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:Wrestlemania is a special show where it used to be that only certain wrestlers would appear on the show. It used to be a big deal if someone got to be on the show. Now with those meaningless battle royals and other matches, everyone and their mother is on the show. :| It's now nothing more than a glorified RAW or Smackdown.

So true, and the biggest match always involves some celebrity or bringing somebody back from the past because the product is so stale they have to artificially inject some life into it for anyone to notice they aren't watching Raw.

Celebrity and wrestler from the past, Daniel Bryan. Lol

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:37 am

Random thought: I'm not the biggest NJPW follower out there or a great toy collector but I'd buy the shit out of Minoru Suzuki Funko Pop figure
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

MBXfilms
Community Member

Postby MBXfilms » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Hayamaru wrote:I have to ask. Do you guys think Daniel Bryan Danielson will have his moveset watered down? Ie. no more flying headbutts from the top rope, no more running outside suicide dives, no more running apron knee attack dives to the outside? He did do the corner running dropkicks which shocked me seeing as those moves make him land on his back and neck areas.

He said long ago he came up with a new style for facing Brock Lesnar and it was more safe. Also after his injury he developed a style after watching Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler, but didn't really say anything more than "inspired by." So I don't think watered down is the thing. Please drop the top rope front dropkick, such a pointless bump. He barely ever did the diving headbutt and frankly that's pretty safe to do.
Maybe just dive when it means something. The apron knee would be fairly safe also. I think he will just be more technical as he should be anyway. And of course the kicks.

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:10 pm

I could dig Brawlin' Bryan Danielson. Or maybe he meant that he's going to replace the flying headbutt with a moonsault ;)

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 pm

MBXfilms wrote:
Hayamaru wrote:I have to ask. Do you guys think Daniel Bryan Danielson will have his moveset watered down? Ie. no more flying headbutts from the top rope, no more running outside suicide dives, no more running apron knee attack dives to the outside? He did do the corner running dropkicks which shocked me seeing as those moves make him land on his back and neck areas.

He said long ago he came up with a new style for facing Brock Lesnar and it was more safe. Also after his injury he developed a style after watching Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler, but didn't really say anything more than "inspired by." So I don't think watered down is the thing. Please drop the top rope front dropkick, such a pointless bump. He barely ever did the diving headbutt and frankly that's pretty safe to do.
Maybe just dive when it means something. The apron knee would be fairly safe also. I think he will just be more technical as he should be anyway. And of course the kicks.

He always did the top rope front dropkick since his ROH days. I think maybe he can still do both top rope moves but on a limited bases. Like on PPVs in a BIG MATCH type of feel. I don't know about a moonsault from the top rope. To me that has a much bigger impact on the body when he lands on the mat to nothing than a headbutt does. The moonsault would knock the wind out of him and not only that but once he does it he has to lift his head back along with the rest of his body to execute it. That looks like it puts more pressure on his neck than a simple headbutt. I honestly don't know why some people in the IWC think the headbutt is the most dangerous spot for him. I guess because of Benoit.
Last edited by Hayamaru on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 pm

I expect Bryan already signed a new WWE contract in the last two weeks. Now my hope is that it will be a Jericho type deal that allows him to bucket list the last few years of his career.

Yo_Charlie
Community Member

Postby Yo_Charlie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:49 pm

I was just joking about a moonsault since that was something Terry Funk added to his moveset late in his career (much to the detriment of his knees)

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 am

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:46 am

Tonight they're having the AJPW Dream Power Series Final which should be free on http://www.ajpw.tv. It's the first live stream on the service.

The service is 999 yen a month, basically 8$ and will feature all of the Champion Carnival in April.

The card for tonight's Power Series Final

Ten Man Tag Team Match Atsushi Maruyama, Yutaka Yoshie, Naoshi Sano, Keiichi Sato & Carbell Ito vs. Masakado, Ishikiri, Revlon, Takashi Daimonji & FG Mask

Six Man Tag Team Match Masanobu Fuchi, Yohei Nakajima & TAJIRI vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki

Singles Match Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom

Tag Team Match Naoya Nomura & KAI vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino

Six Man Tag Team Match Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai

All Asia Tag Team Titles Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi

AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Title Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Shuji Kondo

AJPW Tag Team Titles Zeus & Bodyguard (c) vs. Ryoji Sai & Dylan James

Triple Crown Title Joe Doering (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:26 pm

It's good to see that All Japan is back in the puroresu scene. Last I had her of them they weren't doing well financially. I thought for sure the organization went bankrupt years ago. Who of the original All Japan alumni is still with the organization? It's nice to see Masanobu Fuchi still wrestles for them!

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Akiyama and Fuchi I believe. And SUWAMA is still there, probably the third most senior member of the promotion.

bcthomas
Community Member

Postby bcthomas » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Hayamaru wrote:It's good to see that All Japan is back in the puroresu scene. Last I had her of them they weren't doing well financially. I thought for sure the organization went bankrupt years ago. Who of the original All Japan alumni is still with the organization? It's nice to see Masanobu Fuchi still wrestles for them!

Since Akiyama took the book, AJPW has been really good. The main events are really old school. Really hard-hitting, smashmouth stuff.

Hayamaru
Community Member

Postby Hayamaru » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Seems like if puroresu fans want to get their PURE PURO fix they should tune into AJPW than. NJPW just seems too americanized now a days and there is alot more foreign wrestlers dominating that promotion now than ever before. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for the puro scene.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

So apparently Shane's diver---however it's spelled (the infection that damn near killed Lesnar) is legit and he's obviously not making Mania.

Wonder how they change up KO/Sami and DB's story.

TigerSword
Owner and Founder

Postby TigerSword » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Diverticulitis. It's almost as fun to spell as it is to say.

JDP
Community Member

Postby JDP » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:22 pm

I prefer to just call them "Lil' Tummy Holes"
My Horrific Creations!: JDP's Delightful Grapplers

jbravos
Community Member

Postby jbravos » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:56 am

:( RIP Johnny Valiant he died today after getting hit by a truck crossing a street he was 71

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:59 pm

My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.