General Wrasslin' Discussion

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Apparently Kana is working in WWE now simply known as Asuka. I don't know much about her beyond some of her Puro work. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, considering it's WWE. It'll probably be okay if she's doing NXT stuff.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

unimportantguy
Community Member

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby unimportantguy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Kana has two modes, basically: a serious, kicky mode with lots of strikes and snug holds, and a dumb comedy mode where everybody touches her breasts. From the look of things, we will be getting the former in NXT, which is great for me because I love Kana's wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised to see the latter pop up on the main roster at some point, though.

Her debut match for NXT is on tonight's TakeOver.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Wow, she's like tailor made for WWE.

Her former mode is perfect for NXT.
Her latter mode is perfect for OMG BEING A WWE RAW TOTAL DIVA IS HER LIFE DREAM!!

Looking forward to seeing her NXT mode 8-)

Oh also, ROH at 11pm tonight on Destination America: Roderick Strong vs. Kazuchika Okada :markout:

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 pm

orochigeese wrote:Oh also, ROH at 11pm tonight on Destination America: Roderick Strong vs. Kazuchika Okada :markout:

If only anyone had Destination America.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:17 pm

When are we gonna talk about this "General Wrasslin" person?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

C-Drive wrote:
orochigeese wrote:Oh also, ROH at 11pm tonight on Destination America: Roderick Strong vs. Kazuchika Okada :markout:

If only anyone had Destination America.

I have it which is a miracle since I rarely get channels that are not popular. I wish I also got that channel that was showing New Japan :oops:

fullMETAL wrote:When are we gonna talk about this "General Wrasslin" person?

:hahaha:

He had a great series of matches with Sergeant Slaughter in USWA in 1983.

WVP206
Community Member

Postby WVP206 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

I remember General Hugh G Wrasslin from WCW! Image
He was with them Misfits In Action!
Last edited by WVP206 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wario Van Peebles - The Overseer of 3W Wrestling

DTH
Community Member

Postby DTH » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

So TNA is starting a tournament/series thing tonight to crown the new World Heavyweight Champion and there have been some interesting entrants.

Image Image

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:15 pm

WVP206 wrote:He was with them Misfits In Action!

I used to work in a mall shoe store in the early 00s. I saw Lash Leroux at that mall many times.

I was always a fan of him in WCW when I watched it during the Monday Night Wars.
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:56 am

There is no legal alternative way to watch TNA, which sucks for people without Destination America. I left as a fan back in 2011, tuned in a few times since then, but I want to watch and see what is different now, but it's not even possible, since I don't have cable or satellite. I wish they would put their shows on Hulu or something. Heck, I'd pay $1.99 to watch an episode, like I do with shows on Google Play. It's like they don't want to grow their fanbase anymore...

HumanBulldozer
Community Member

Postby HumanBulldozer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 am

So I have a question. Why is a muscle buster supposed to be effective as a finisher/deal more damage than say a standard vertical suplex as the falls are very similar, but maybe a bit slower...?

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:32 am

HumanBulldozer wrote:So I have a question. Why is a muscle buster supposed to be effective as a finisher/deal more damage than say a standard vertical suplex as the falls are very similar, but maybe a bit slower...?

It just is. It's wrasslin', we're not supposed to think about it. Why is The People's Elbow a match ender?

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:31 am

Because he gets a ton of momentum when he runs the ropes and then transfers all of it into his elbow during the little pause before dropping it.

yup
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

WVP206
Community Member

Postby WVP206 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 am

El Marsh wrote:Because he gets a ton of momentum when he runs the ropes and then transfers all of it into his elbow during the little pause before dropping it.

yup

:explode:
Wario Van Peebles - The Overseer of 3W Wrestling

unimportantguy
Community Member

Postby unimportantguy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:31 am

HumanBulldozer wrote:So I have a question. Why is a muscle buster supposed to be effective as a finisher/deal more damage than say a standard vertical suplex as the falls are very similar, but maybe a bit slower...?

The actual answer to this question is a 100% authentic, no bullshit, "Because Anime."

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:57 am

The Kinnuku Buster is completely awesome too and I LOVE how FPR actually has both the Kinnuku Buster and the Muscle buster in FPR :D

As for why the Muscle Buster is different than the vertical suplex, it's due to the angle of dropping and targeted body part.

A standard vertical suplex is primarily a flat back bump. The back of the head could be involved a little but the back is the first part of the opponent's body to hit and gets the majority of the impact due to the smooth arc of the angle and momentum of the move.. The opponent's neck here is actually protected a little by the suplexing wrestler cradling the neck with the arm. Whereas the Muscle Buster is like a combination of a stunner and a brainbuster. The opponent's head and neck are compressed because of their own body weight coming down onto their head during the move. The arm/shoulder of the person doing the move is part of the weapon here.

The way Samoa Joe is doing the move now in NXT looks more like a vertical suplex than a Muscle Buster. But the way it's supposed to be done (and how he used to do it in ROH) was that he'd basically fall down rather than backward, causing a whiplash/stunner effect on the neck of the opponent held upside down. It's a really nasty neck-targeting move and I can see why WWE has had him do it safer.

First time I ever saw a Muscle Buster done, I was actually shocked for a few minutes afterward :explode:

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 am

orochigeese wrote:The way Samoa Joe is doing the move now in NXT looks more like a vertical suplex than a Muscle Buster. But the way it's supposed to be done (and how he used to do it in ROH) was that he'd basically fall down rather than backward, causing a whiplash/stunner effect on the neck of the opponent held upside down. It's a really nasty neck-targeting move and I can see why WWE has had him do it safer.

Was he doing this new "safer" way when Tyson Kidd had his spinal injury or after?

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:20 pm

That was my thought originally. I was surprised that he was still doing it after the Kidd incident. I thought they would've switched him permanently to the Coquina Clutch.
ImageImage ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:42 pm

I think Sasha and Bayley could have an arm wrestling match and it would still be pretty damn exciting.

Those two just have a magic.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Love Wilcox
Community Member

Postby Love Wilcox » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:45 pm

That Ironwoman match was amazing. It got such a genuine emotional reaction from me I was actually surprised. Sasha got LEGIT heat after trash talking Izzy. I was so tense and nervous during the build to the finish I was almost shaking. Utterly brilliant wrestling,women or not.

Takeover on the whole was great. Not a bad match on the card. I know some people like to call NXT a glorified Indy or ROH-light but fuck me that one show made me more passionate for wrestling that a whole decades worth of Indy wrestling.
My original edits: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1140

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:31 pm

ImageImage

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:26 pm

That looked SWEET, but I will forever question why he does the End of Days the way he does.
1) it takes legit lifting power to set it up (which I guess is to display his RAW STRENGTH POWER)
2) it takes legit control (regardless of whether you're a rookie or 20 year veteran) to NOT do a Rock Bottom slam or Backbreaker (or etc.) before doing the Complete Shot part
3) it kills pretty much ANY momentum that goes into the move (he'd be better off just doing a Spinning Sidewalk Slam or a Spinning Lifting Complete Shot)

Seriously, even though the move looks devastating at the end of (the) day(s), it would look MORE devastating as a Spinning Lifting Momentum move with lots of steak sauce on the impact.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 pm

fullMETAL wrote:Seriously, even though the move looks devastating at the end of (the) day(s), it would look MORE devastating as a Spinning Lifting Momentum move with lots of steak sauce on the impact.

That's basically why I love Abyss' Black Hole Slam.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:28 pm

C-Drive wrote:
orochigeese wrote:The way Samoa Joe is doing the move now in NXT looks more like a vertical suplex than a Muscle Buster. But the way it's supposed to be done (and how he used to do it in ROH) was that he'd basically fall down rather than backward, causing a whiplash/stunner effect on the neck of the opponent held upside down. It's a really nasty neck-targeting move and I can see why WWE has had him do it safer.

Was he doing this new "safer" way when Tyson Kidd had his spinal injury or after?

I'm actually not sure. I think the injury to Kidd appeared soon after Joe debuted and maybe he didn't even debut yet on NXT. I only saw 1-2 matches with him on NXT and they were recent. So it's possible he was doing the original style when Kidd got hurt. I'm not 100% sure what happened in that incident either. I know Bret Hart blamed Joe and the move but I've heard conflicting reports that it was more of a miscommunication of both of them doing the move then it was specifically Joe's fault or the danger of that move.

I hope he's able to find the safest way possible of doing the move as it's as big deal for him. I also hope he uses the Cocquina Clutch as a secondary finisher. I'd rather have him save the Muscle Buster for a rare finish and use the Clutch as his primary match finish. I don't know how he's gonna safely do the Buster to a lot of the main Raw roster who are quite big and may not be as flexible as the NXT guys.

fullMETAL wrote:Seriously, even though the move looks devastating at the end of (the) day(s), it would look MORE devastating as a Spinning Lifting Momentum move with lots of steak sauce on the impact.

I feel the same way. I don't like when the spins of a move don't really work for (and, in this case, work against) the ending momentum of the move. That said, I get that WWE is trying to emphasize "thrill of the set-up" in place of "impact of the drop" in order to maximize safety. And I support that. It's why I've started becoming okay with Ryback's finisher which is just a Samoan Drop with a military march to start :lol: But this move, as awesome as it looks (and as much as it shows off his power and control) seems like it's a lot of increased danger for a finish that could be accomplished better. It looks awesome in a video game but can he continue to do that, especially when he gets to the main roster? Granted, I'm so bored of the regular Complete Shot that I give him props for adding some of that A1 sauce to it :lol:

tbsjordan
Community Member

Postby tbsjordan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Corbin/Rhyno vs Jordan/Gable was the surprise of the night for me. That match was awesome. All three of those may end up being pretty great wrestlers in the future. The entire show was great, of course the main event and Asuka/Dana was fun too