The last match you watched...

Pyrodean
Community Member

Re: The last match you watched...

Postby Pyrodean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm going back through the Okada/Tanahashi feud in order. I watched their first match. I really liked the story told. Tanahashi was great as the cocky superstar who took his opponent to lightly and Okada was great as the prodigy who fooled Tanahashi into thinking he was just some rookie biting off more than he could chew. After that first drop kick hit, Tanahashi was doomed.

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Watched the Bret Hart/Owen Hart match that opened Wrestlemania X last night and good lord those two were such perfect opponents for each other. The athleticism and crispness on display was something else. Owen was such an amazing talent.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:36 pm

RollinsPhan wrote:Watched the Bret Hart/Owen Hart match that opened Wrestlemania X last night and good lord those two were such perfect opponents for each other. The athleticism and crispness on display was something else. Owen was such an amazing talent.

I remember that match very fondly because I was the only Owen sympathizer in a household of Bret marks, and it was just fun as hell to watch their faces when Bret got beat by his little brother. I remember 15 year old me being like Owen's lawyer, pleading his case and why he was justified in everything he did to Bret and the arguments we would get into. Plus, I loved pointing out all the moves that Owen did that the "Excellence of Execution" never executed. Still a proud Owen fan.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Owen was great

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Old Baby wrote:
RollinsPhan wrote:Watched the Bret Hart/Owen Hart match that opened Wrestlemania X last night and good lord those two were such perfect opponents for each other. The athleticism and crispness on display was something else. Owen was such an amazing talent.

I remember that match very fondly because I was the only Owen sympathizer in a household of Bret marks, and it was just fun as hell to watch their faces when Bret got beat by his little brother. I remember 15 year old me being like Owen's lawyer, pleading his case and why he was justified in everything he did to Bret and the arguments we would get into. Plus, I loved pointing out all the moves that Owen did that the "Excellence of Execution" never executed. Still a proud Owen fan.

I never really appreciated how good Owen was until I watched some of his matches from Japan. Then of course him being a natural heel didn't hurt either. Such a great rivalry between two great wrestlers.

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Ember Moon vs Shayna Bazler from NXT takeover.

Solid stuff, and the spot with Shayna ramming her own shoulder against the post to pop it back into socket was fantastic. I've been pretty high on Ember Moon since I saw her for the first time wrestling Asuka in NXT last year, I have high hopes for her on the main roster.

Rangerh
Community Member

Postby Rangerh » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 pm

As i watched a week ago Tanahashi vs Suzuki from The New Beginning in Sapporo (2018) and appreciated it, i decided to go watch today what's reported as being their best match together, the one from King of Pro Wrestling 2012

And i wasn't disapointed, this match just joined my collection of "the best pro wrestling matches i ever watched".
Both men delivered one of their very best story in the ring, there wasn't any super flashy move but they did it so every of both men moves, every single submissions attempt/reversal actually mattered , the selling was perfect and the "i will not give up" fighting spirit burst were done excellently exactly when it was required.

The ring psychology was at its finest, both men were dragging the fans with them or against them at every of their actions by applying them at the right time when they were noticing the crowd was starting to be moved in a direction.
The huge and long leg lock submission from a certain point of the match was just incredible in how both men were managing with their facial expressions to keep the fans hooked completely until the break.

In case you really like pro wrestling and haven't yet watched, put this one on your "to watch" list, you'll love it.

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 am

Jetlag wrote:Recently, I've been watching a lot of old JWP (before the 1992 split) and WING. A lot of WING has been put on YouTube, including handheld shows where you can actually watch the full matches, and I'm enjoying it a lot. WING has a reputation for being a deathmatch promotion, but it had a nice variety, as they had their own young guys, shootstylists, puerto ricans, luchadores and US territory guys. I especially like the matches their juniors were having, as they would wrestle in such a way that everything felt like it was made up on the spot, no choreographed spots at all (which is something that always annoys me in junior wrestling).

The most impressive match I've seen recently is this Onita/Tarzan Goto match from 1991 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6JvHx4IreM

FMW is famous for exploding deathmatches, but this match had only some chairs and a table, and it was absolutely crazy. These guys were killing eachother non stop, headbutts, stiff punches and lariats, Onita absolutely nuking Goto with some of the sickest powerbombs I've ever seen. Go watch it if you wanna see how crazy and intense pro wrestling can be.

Can you link the channel with the wings stuff? Was going to work on some edots but need fill some holes from my collection.

Jetlag
Community Member

Postby Jetlag » Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Both these channels are great:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2ThJ ... omQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKDS3U ... qNQ/videos

Seem to have most of the early TV and handhelds.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri May 18, 2018 8:51 pm

This channel really helps me out during a spin cycle session.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3W4w7 ... SKA/videos

Rangerh
Community Member

Postby Rangerh » Sat May 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Decided to advance a bit on my "recommendedmatchtowatch" never-ending list and take on another match from this year (as they start to accumulate).

Kazuchika Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr. from the last Sakura Genesis

And i was amazed, originally i was wondering how Okada's own style would mesh with ZSJ awesome mat/submission based one but he again managed to work with his opponent style into a MOTY.

Both opponent looked great from start to end, those incredible reversal, the selling, everything was fantastic and showed a good chemistry between Okada and ZSJ .

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Rangerh wrote:Decided to advance a bit on my "recommendedmatchtowatch" never-ending list and take on another match from this year (as they start to accumulate).

Kazuchika Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr. from the last Sakura Genesis

And i was amazed, originally i was wondering how Okada's own style would mesh with ZSJ awesome mat/submission based one but he again managed to work with his opponent style into a MOTY.

Both opponent looked great from start to end, those incredible reversal, the selling, everything was fantastic and showed a good chemistry between Okada and ZSJ .

It was a great match. I enjoyed ZSJ's run of New Japan Cup matches just as much. If he has a good G1 it's been quite a year for him.

Rangerh
Community Member

Postby Rangerh » Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Yes, it's impressive considering he debuted at NJPW only a year ago and already he got a good year with that promotion.

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Sun May 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Taiji Ishimori vs Will Osprey BOTSJ

I was well aware of Ishimori before this, but had never sat down and watched one of his matches til now. Very impressed. He's a fantastic addition to the roster. I always appreciated Will Ospreys talent and athletic ability, but his matches used to always come off a little too choreographed for my taste, even outside of the infamous Ricochet match. But lately, his matches have been coming off more like fights, and Osprey is hitting the wild acrobatics in places that make sense more consistently. I've been enjoying it a lot. This Ishimori match might be my favorite so far, as everything in it felt natural. Great job by both guys

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 am

Sting and Ron Simmons vs Vader and Rick Rude(with no mustache!!!) from WCW Saturday Night, I think from 1992.
Facebook/Twitter/PSN/Skype: SaiyanBlade84