Your Best/Worst names for PPVs/big events

SpiderFab4
Community Member

Your Best/Worst names for PPVs/big events

Postby SpiderFab4 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:02 pm

I get the idea to do this thread every time WWE comes up with a new PPV brand, and now with the VERY creative 'Great Balls Of Fire' PPV, I'll finally do it.

Basically all the 'best' names you've come up with for PPVs or otherwise big events, for efeds or whatever. (Even if they're not 100% original.)

For my list, I've omitted the obvious borrowed ones from real PPVs like WrestleMania or Beach Blast.

Aftermath (The after WrestleMania one)
Caged Bird
Desperation
Finale (the end of the year one)
Mad Kombat
Maximum Impact
Over The Top
Slam Masters
Summer In The Citi (Held at Citi Field)
Super Starrcade (The WCW reunion PPV)
The Century Mark (for PPV #100 and #200)
Top Impact
Total Impact
World Series of Wrestling (featuring the finals of the World Series of Wrestling tournament)
Get your Hanes on, lace up your Nikes, grab your Wheaties and your Gatorade and we'll pick up a Big Mac on the way to the ball park.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Re: Your Best/Worst names for PPVs/big events

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 pm

*ahem* The name I came up with for my WrestleMania style show for my custom fed was *ahem* "The Big One".
Best name? Or BESTEST name? :P

*ahem*
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 am

Fun thread! :D

The PPV name I had the most fun with was easily:

Spoiler: show

I also really enjoyed this one because it fit really well with the story line I was building with multiple factions. Ended up doing a "team/team vs. team/team" match where each team couldn't really fully trust the team they were ... teamed with.

I'm 99% sure Motosada did the art for both of these logos 8-)

Before I closed OG-Joshi in 2011, I was planning an OG-Joshi PPV called "Destiny Unknown" which occurred after Ruby Moreno (leader of the Destiny faction) captured the OG-Joshi World Championship and held it for ransom. The show was going to kick off with a Rancid cover band playing "Destination Unknown" but finishing that verse with "Ruby Ruby Ruby Mo-re-no." Then they were gonna pop back at the end of the show and sing "Time to say goodbye" with the idea being that OG-Joshi would fold after its esteemed Championship was taken away. Shows them, it folded before they got a chance to sing it!

Ha...ha? :? :(

Oh and also the "Silent Knight" name for a co-promotional PPV with (my) Sir Arthur Wingate's UBL and Tiger Sword's Silencer Championship Wrestling :D Logo from Sword:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:36 am

I got a good chuckle out of Wrestlecircus' "Dive Hard With A Vengeance".
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 pm

As simplistic as it was, I always liked 'Battle Royale' that my group's e-fed used. Was our Rumble-themed show and just heavily laid on the novel/movie of Battle Royale for logo/theme.

'Last Stop' was our show prior to the WM style show. We always thought it was cheesy, then WWE made Roadblock and Fastlane which just kinda compounded the laughs.

Our summer show was 'Summer Sanitarium' for the longest, then we swapped to where it'd be two shows during Summer: "Vegas Lights" and "Miami Nights"
I actually had the Miami Nights logo on... 2k16? It actually looked REALLY awesome on the custom ring-LCD screen. Imma certainly throw that thing onto the mat on FPW.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

Patriot Games (July)
SuperBash
War Machines
World's Strongest (stolen from DBZ movie title)
BloodBowl
Cosmic Clash (Champions of the Galaxy)
Royal Chaos (my Royal Rumble type event)
Knights of the Squared Circle (play on Knights of the Round table, a Clash of the Champions type show)
Sudden Death

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm

When I first got into Fire Pro, I initially never created my own fed. I did have my own stable of edits that were just called The Ronin which would wrestle for AJPW and NJPW. As I created more and more edits and the stable got larger over the years, between Fire Pro G, D and Z it eventually became my own personal fed when it had accumulated enough wrestlers. It became RONIN Puroresu. The big Wrestlemania-esque PPV we had was called 'One Night in Japan', which was a play on the 'One Night in...' movies. This was definitely when I was on the outs with WWE and had pretty much exclusively started watching Japanese wrestling.

Similar to how NOAH has a running theme with naming its events, RONIN Puroresu events often referenced Samurai or Sengoku Jidai related themes as I was also a massive Shogun Total War player around this time period.

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:20 am

PP message board wrestling fed names

The NEXT BIG EVENT
The NEXT Big Event... Since The Last

HONEY IN THE SKANK --- why? Because it rhymed with Money in the Bank. Only this time, the champ (the skank) was in a cage in the center of a ultimate x type structure. The competitors had to climb the four corners and assemble a turkey baster, and then the final corner had a pot of honey to fill them with. Finally someone had to reach the cage, insert the baster, and squirt the honey into the skank. :oops: That's a gimmick match.

Zealot
Galastream Owner

Postby Zealot » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am

A personal favorite of mine was Beauseant (meaning "Be Glorious") to FINALLY give my lovable losers Parachute Rousseau and Alastair Anarion their first SUPER NOVA gold. The one I remember most fondly due to the amount of fun I had making the show with chango was our SUPER NOVA/GORE Japan 2 night supershow InterGORElactic. :opo:

I do regret my first 2 ESTRELLA show names. The first was mostly a reflection from my inbox being flooded with private messages (PMs) and the show was hence called "My Box Is Full of PMs" :facepalm:

Second show was called "I Challenge Your Tits To A Fight!" :facepalm:

I've since grown up. ;)

Sort of. :?
ImageImage ImageImage