General Wrasslin' Discussion

User avatar
JoeNewberry
Community Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm
Location: Johns Creek, GA

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby JoeNewberry » Thu May 11, 2017 2:31 pm

fullbug wrote:Whats with the spoiler thing? Has anyone not seen this yet? :lol:



Heh, spoiler thing was to keep the length manageable for people scrolling through.

Anyway, love the comments here, seems you have lived through Hogan's BS over the years as well..... 8-)


What's sad/amazing is that I think Hogan sincerely remembers it this way.

What I find interesting is Hogan slammed Andre again at the next years Wrestlemania, and no big thing at all?

EDIT: Just rewatched the interview and corrected below...

Hey, that's right. Though he did say he thought slamming the giant that time would flood the entire city Eastern seaboard. At first he said he'd get Donald Trump and his family on his back and backstroke doggypaddle them to safety, then he reconsidered, realizing that wouldwouldn't drown them all, and said he'd doggypaddle backstroke them all to safety instead.

Guess Hogan didnt break every bone in his back that time.....Or Andre was only 900 at that point.....
Do more reviews though, enjoyed that.... 8-)


I might write another review, now that I have a mandate from the masses. Gotta do something with the 5TB of wrestling.
Newberry Strikes Back, Return of Joe!

User avatar
jbravos
Community Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby jbravos » Thu May 11, 2017 11:45 pm

With War of the Worlds tomorrow night my question is this....

Is Cody Rhodes world champion material?

I know he's working both Impact and ROH shows but will ROH put the title on him? ROH needs a boost lots of guys have already left Cole and Fish have announced they will be leaving soon Lethal has already been on top and Daniels is old yea winning the title was a feel good moment but it should not be a long term reign . So is Cody the answer? He's the one ex WWE guy who people are rooting for to finally get his break. So you guys think it be a good move by ROH?

User avatar
orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp
Posts: 2667
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Omega Road
Contact:

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby orochigeese » Fri May 12, 2017 4:32 am

JoeNewberry wrote:I might write another review, now that I have a mandate from the masses. Gotta do something with the 5TB of wrestling.


I loved your Hogan/Andre write-up as well :markout:
Image
Image

Kristofferson
Community Member
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby Kristofferson » Fri May 12, 2017 5:47 am

jbravos wrote:With War of the Worlds tomorrow night my question is this....

Is Cody Rhodes world champion material?

I know he's working both Impact and ROH shows but will ROH put the title on him? ROH needs a boost lots of guys have already left Cole and Fish have announced they will be leaving soon Lethal has already been on top and Daniels is old yea winning the title was a feel good moment but it should not be a long term reign . So is Cody the answer? He's the one ex WWE guy who people are rooting for to finally get his break. So you guys think it be a good move by ROH?


I think they might. Like you said Daniels is unlikely to be a long term champ because it was all about the buzz over his win. There are not a lot of credible challengers and Rhodes has the pedigree. I really liked his cowbell rope match against Lethal and he lost that so there would be a contender claim right after the rematch.

User avatar
djkm77
Community Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Boston

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby djkm77 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Kristofferson wrote:
jbravos wrote:With War of the Worlds tomorrow night my question is this....

Is Cody Rhodes world champion material?

I know he's working both Impact and ROH shows but will ROH put the title on him? ROH needs a boost lots of guys have already left Cole and Fish have announced they will be leaving soon Lethal has already been on top and Daniels is old yea winning the title was a feel good moment but it should not be a long term reign . So is Cody the answer? He's the one ex WWE guy who people are rooting for to finally get his break. So you guys think it be a good move by ROH?


I think they might. Like you said Daniels is unlikely to be a long term champ because it was all about the buzz over his win. There are not a lot of credible challengers and Rhodes has the pedigree. I really liked his cowbell rope match against Lethal and he lost that so there would be a contender claim right after the rematch.

Cody is kind of boring to me but he sure puts asses in the seats. No one promotes a show harder than Cody and promoters and fans love him.

And a Jack Swagger update. he is officially booked every where and people are paying the 4 grand. Crazy.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

User avatar
senator
Community Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby senator » Sat May 13, 2017 4:28 pm

I read an interesting rumor about the next WM concerning the main event matches:

Spoiler: show
Roman vs. Cena for the top match on the card
Brawn vs. Brock for the Universal
AJ vs. Nakamura for the WWE

If true, this could be a really interesting card, I like all three matches. I especially love the AJ/Nakamura (re)match for obvious reasons, but I think Brock/Brawn could be a fun monster mash, and Cena/Roman should be fun for the crowd reaction, and the inevitable "Let's Go Cena!/Roman Sucks! chants.

User avatar
unimportantguy
Community Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:23 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby unimportantguy » Sun May 14, 2017 5:00 am

I might actually watch Wrestlemania for a card like that. Those matches would all be pretty good.

User avatar
jbravos
Community Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby jbravos » Mon May 15, 2017 2:01 am

That's funny the story I read on wrestling inc is WWE long term plans is for Brock vs Roman for Universal title at WM 34 in short term Roman will feud with Miz (possibly for IC title) And
Brock vs Brawn

User avatar
senator
Community Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby senator » Mon May 15, 2017 2:20 am

jbravos wrote:That's funny the story I read on wrestling inc is WWE long term plans is for Brock vs Roman for Universal title at WM 34 in short term Roman will feud with Miz (possibly for IC title) And
Brock vs Brawn


Almost certainly a more likely possibility than the speculative matches I posted...and a much less interesting one, too. I have zero interest in a title match between Brock and Roman at WM, especially if it's just a coronation for Roman. Is anyone really asking for this match right now?

In my opinion, WWE does itself no favors when it plans out WM a year ahead of time. I'm sure that's been going on for a longer time than I'm actively aware of, but it seemed to me that ever since they booked the Rock/Cena rematch, it's been stunningly obvious what the plan is going to be about a year out for a good portion of the card, and to me, that takes away much of the fun, not just for WM, but for many of the events along the way, as they telegraph where things are going, rendering the intermediate events irrelevant.

User avatar
jbravos
Community Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussi

Postby jbravos » Mon May 15, 2017 5:00 am

senator wrote:
jbravos wrote:That's funny the story I read on wrestling inc is WWE long term plans is for Brock vs Roman for Universal title at WM 34 in short term Roman will feud with Miz (possibly for IC title) And
Brock vs Brawn


Almost certainly a more likely possibility than the speculative matches I posted...and a much less interesting one, too. I have zero interest in a title match between Brock and Roman at WM, especially if it's just a coronation for Roman. Is anyone really asking for this match right now?

In my opinion, WWE does itself no favors when it plans out WM a year ahead of time. I'm sure that's been going on for a longer time than I'm actively aware of, but it seemed to me that ever since they booked the Rock/Cena rematch, it's been stunningly obvious what the plan is going to be about a year out for a good portion of the card, and to me, that takes away much of the fun, not just for WM, but for many of the events along the way, as they telegraph where things are going, rendering the intermediate events irrelevant.


The same article said they wanted Roman to hold all the titles which why it's possible Miz wins the IC strap again...and drops it to Roman then have Roman wn the Universal title from Brock at mania. Now going that route to me really devalues the Universal title. Keeping it on a guy who only works the big 4 PPVs so that means he defends it 3 times in one year. Now smart booking would be have Brock lose the title to Stroman and have him keep it to Maina. Stroman has been on a warpath and has so much momentum right now so put the belt on him until they find someone not named Roman or John to beat him at mania. Kinda go the Yokozuna route. That would make sense but this is modern WWE where there is no sense

User avatar
DragonZombie
Community Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:23 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby DragonZombie » Tue May 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Ajpw is very good.

kikrusher99
Community Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 am

DragonZombie wrote:Ajpw is very good.


Some decent matches in the Champion Carnival this year. Night one was probably the best. I honestly feel my favorite match was KAI vs Bodyguard or Sekimoto vs Doering. Final was a good match too.

User avatar
jbravos
Community Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby jbravos » Wed May 17, 2017 4:17 am

Former AWA tag team champion Pretty Boy Doug Somers passed away at age 65. Somers was Buddy Roses tag team partner managed by Sherri Martel

User avatar
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 am
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby fullMETAL » Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 pm

So Adam Cole is officially out of Bullet Club (with his signing to NXT and all), and Marty Scurll has taken his place.
I can't exactly say I'm sad to see Cole out of BC, since I've previously mentioned that I honestly don't get what the big deal is with so many people liking what seems to me to be such a generic-seeming "standard indy type" guy.

I still need to design my completely out-of-context Scurll t-shirt though so I can sell it on RedBubble or Pro Wrestling Tees or something. XD
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussi

Postby forties2002 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm

jbravos wrote:The same article said they wanted Roman to hold all the titles


If they do that then wwe is going the same route that TNA did when Lashley had all the titles. And with Reigns holding all the titles that would really change the fans perception of him :lol: Actually for me if he would just drop the dumb superman punch, I wouldn't mind him that much. Cause his spear is actually decent, it's better than Edge's spear ever was IMO. And with your Braun comment, is his injury real or a storyline? I'd love to see Braun beat Lesnar.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
jbravos
Community Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby jbravos » Thu May 18, 2017 12:36 pm

fullMETAL wrote:So Adam Cole is officially out of Bullet Club (with his signing to NXT and all), and Marty Scurll has taken his place.
I can't exactly say I'm sad to see Cole out of BC, since I've previously mentioned that I honestly don't get what the big deal is with so many people liking what seems to me to be such a generic-seeming "standard indy type" guy.


If you saw ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds this past weekend they did an angle where Omega fired Cole from the Club

kikrusher99
Community Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:12 pm

jbravos wrote:If you saw ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds this past weekend they did an angle where Omega fired Cole from the Club


I watched the Bucks/Omega's Being the Elite show that focused on that and it was magical. I loved every bit of it. https://youtu.be/N1EjA_css0s
Spoiler: show
Marty fucking killed Cole with that umbrella shot. So much so, I wonder if WWE even signs him, dude probably got CTE from that shit. :lol:


Oh and uncle Dave mentioned the Strowman injury is legit, but the WWE time frame is story line. They said he's out 6 months, realistically more like 6-8 weeks it sounds like. Probably return early so his recovery time makes him look like a monster.

User avatar
MichaelPayne
Community Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:56 pm
Location: Somewhere beyond the exosphere, most likely.

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby MichaelPayne » Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm

If you haven't watch NXT Takeover from last night .. you're missing out.

There was a possible five star match in the undercard when Pete Dunne fought Tyler Bate. Go out of your way to see it if you are a real wrestling fan.

User avatar
SluggBugg
Serious Business
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby SluggBugg » Sun May 21, 2017 7:57 pm

It was a great show! Oh and the ending is the future. ;)
The EMPEROR of ELBOWS...The KING of KO's...The BIG BAD BOSS of BOWS!

User avatar
djkm77
Community Member
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Boston

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby djkm77 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 am

MichaelPayne wrote:If you haven't watch NXT Takeover from last night .. you're missing out.

There was a possible five star match in the undercard when Pete Dunne fought Tyler Bate. Go out of your way to see it if you are a real wrestling fan.

If I was going to show some one a wrestling match that had never seen one that would be the match i showed them. They put on a clinic.
"A dollar saved is a dollar wasted." John "Blood" McNally
Links To My Saves
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31
http://www.fpwarena.com/files/djkm77/

User avatar
El Marsh
Marsh the Great
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: South Town, USA

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby El Marsh » Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 am

So.....that just happened

Spoiler: show
Jinder Mahal, WWE Champion

I hope Chicago riots lol
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

kikrusher99
Community Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby kikrusher99 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:58 am

Spoiler: show
there was a WWE.com video of Itami post match in the locker room and he was pissed and throwing shit around. Then he kinda got in Ohno's face. I Hope this is their next program.


Spoiler: show
ma ha ra ja y'all

User avatar
senator
Community Member
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby senator » Mon May 22, 2017 3:23 am

Spoiler: show
I might be the only one, but Jinder winning the title amuses the mess out of me. I'm a sucker for EVIL FOREIGNER gimmicks, and always end up cheering them, and Jinder is no exception to that rule. Long hail the Maharajah!

Great seeing Shinsuke get his first main roster match. I'd have liked it more if he had a bit more of the offence in that match, though. Too much slow heel stuff and two counts off non-threatening moves from Dolph.

Bate/Dunne was easily the match of the weekend. Can't wait to make both of those guys in FPW, their styles seem like they will translate well for it. Dunne is an excellent heel, I can't stand him and want to see him lose, but I actually want to watch his matches. That, to me, is near perfection for heeldom. Miz gets heralded as the perfect modern day heel, but he's lame, always has been, always will be. Dunne can go in the ring and just oozes contempt, cockiness and a disdain for any sort of sportsmanship. Love it.

No more DIY...saddened that they couldn't go to the main roster together, but man if that isn't going to be a barnburner, slobberknocker and straight up drag out knockdown feud.

User avatar
CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 am

Lol, just... lol.

Yeah, that's my reaction to Backlash.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.


User avatar
Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Re: General Wrasslin' Discussion

Postby Professor Voodoo » Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 am

Spoiler: show
Don't hinder Jinder.
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests