King of Colosseum 2

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: King of Colosseum 2

Postby Carlzilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 am

Is there any place to still get those EWS saves? I haven't seen or heard that name in like 10 years.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Carlzilla wrote:Is there any place to still get those EWS saves? I haven't seen or heard that name in like 10 years.

Their Yahoo group is still up. I've downloaded most of their old SD saves and the KOC saves as well.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:12 pm

You got a link? I have been through a couple of computers since I last download an EWS save...

I tried googling Evil Ways Syndicate Yahoo Group, and Syndicate Creations yahoo group but came up empty.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Carlzilla wrote:You got a link? I have been through a couple of computers since I last download an EWS save...

I tried googling Evil Ways Syndicate Yahoo Group, and Syndicate Creations yahoo group but came up empty.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Evi ... icate/info

CX1329
Community Member

Postby CX1329 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

The release of FPW got me back into KOC II, now I've been playing it even more so than the Fire Pro games. I love Fire Pro, but KOC beats it hands down in terms of heavyweight puro matches, which happens to be my favorite type of wrestling. The animations are on the robotic side, but to this day no other game has captured the essence, flow and pacing of heavyweight puroresu quite like KOC does. I wish someone would make a new edit pack for KOC II and keep supporting it, but HBOSS has long stopped making edits for this game, sadly. On the upside, it's still possible to use a fair amount of the currently active guys, as some of them were already active back when HBOSS released his latest save, in 2013.

Chris91
Community Member

Postby Chris91 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:21 pm

The "amazion version" of the game can't be played on a EU PS2, am i right? Only playable on Pc with an ISO?

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:38 pm

Chris91 wrote:The "amazion version" of the game can't be played on a EU PS2, am i right? Only playable on Pc with an ISO?

Not without modding your PS2, no.

There are softmods for PS2 now though, so it's possible to mod your PS2 without needing any hardware.

brick9mm
Community Member

Postby brick9mm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 am

Carlzilla wrote:
Chris91 wrote:The "amazion version" of the game can't be played on a EU PS2, am i right? Only playable on Pc with an ISO?

Not without modding your PS2, no.

There are softmods for PS2 now though, so it's possible to mod your PS2 without needing any hardware.

Unless things have changed since I installed FMCB (maybe a year and a half ago), you still can't play imports on other region consoles without the swap method.

You can play backups with special patches though, which is one way of playing KOC2 I guess.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 am

Make an ISO and play it with USB loader.

Up_Up_Down_Down

Postby Up_Up_Down_Down » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:23 am

What is the "amazion" version? Not getting the reference.

Chris91
Community Member

Postby Chris91 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:38 am

Up_Up_Down_Down wrote:

What is the "amazion" version? Not getting the reference.

The PAL/NTSC version of the game. I don't know what type the japanese games are.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 am

Every time I see this topic bumped, I hope it's to see it's finally been modded or that they announced a new one.

tbsjordan
Community Member

Postby tbsjordan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:07 am

Bumping this to say with the renewed interested in our community I'd love to see an English patch one day

Lunch_Box
Community Member

Postby Lunch_Box » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:25 am

Can anyone help me with saving my progress in this game?

The little green boxes that pop up when you are exiting modes, what should I be selecting to save my progress?

Ive been doing trial and error and cant seem to get it right to save editing names and Survival Road progress.

UPDATE: Figured it out.
The Keystone Wrestling Association - A collection of original made grapplers set in the 1980's, now Live on Steam!

Keystone Wrestling Association

The Chris
Single Post Troll

Postby The Chris » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:46 am

Is there any savedata that features the rosters from 2016 or 2017?

Lunch_Box
Community Member

Postby Lunch_Box » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:39 am

Just finished a 2 week obsession with this game. I got it off eBay and was gonna use PSCX2 to play, then was dissapointed how shitty it performed on my high end pc.
Following Carl's advice I made an ISO from the disc and played from that.

From there it was off to the races.

I cleared all legs pf survival rode on Medium, then Hard and still didnt have everything unlocked. I went the VPW2 route and started using specific guys to beat specific legs in hopes that would work.

I didn't realize you had to purchase and clear the MMA mode to unlock the last batch of wrestlers.

Well Ive done just that, have assembled my 100 picks from the unlockable lists, putchased every in game unlockable wrestler and venue, and have finished renaming everyone in the game to English.

This entire journey has been some of the most fun Ive had in video games and/or pro wrestling ever. On nights where I just couldn't play any more I started watching videos of the guys I was unlocking, to learn more about them and see if they would make my cut of 100.

What a fucking outstanding game, Im still in awe of how deep it is. I can't believe I slept on this for 14 years.

This game has dethroned VPW2 for GOAT in my view.
The Keystone Wrestling Association - A collection of original made grapplers set in the 1980's, now Live on Steam!

Keystone Wrestling Association

tigermuppetcut
Community Member

Postby tigermuppetcut » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Welcome to the sickness, Lunch Box! :)

Dylan217

Postby Dylan217 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:24 am

Does anyone have a list of the in game themes in order? I wanted to try my hand at replacing the entrance themes with their proper versions and having a list of what every song should be would be very helpful.

tigermask
Community Member

Postby tigermask » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am

I've only got into KOCII in the last year but love it. My question is,can I just convert a wrestler from FPW to KOC? I mean the edit node is VERY similar.

Also, has anyone got head recommendations for Scott Hall, Mitsuhiro Matsunaga and Rikidozan? I'm putting Ultimo Dragon in too but I'll probably just use Dragon Kid as a base and modify.

Thank You!

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

tigermask wrote:I've only got into KOCII in the last year but love it. My question is,can I just convert a wrestler from FPW to KOC? I mean the edit node is VERY similar.

Also, has anyone got head recommendations for Scott Hall, Mitsuhiro Matsunaga and Rikidozan? I'm putting Ultimo Dragon in too but I'll probably just use Dragon Kid as a base and modify.

Thank You!

I do know there's a LOT more to edits in KoC than there is in Fire Pro. It's a rather intimidating process to create a KoC edit from scratch, and that's coming from someone who's made hundreds of Fire Pro edits through the years. Don't think you can just 1-1 transfer, since you have the clutch system to deal with, and lots more AI categories.

tigermask
Community Member

Postby tigermask » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Thank you guys! I'll investigate those Senator.

I'm playing 2. I lost my year old save recently so I'm not best pleased but I downloaded Otaku's 2013 one. His Don Frye is spot on and pissed on the default!

timmyismint
Single Post Troll

Postby timmyismint » Wed May 02, 2018 7:00 pm

has anyone been able to convert any KoC 2 save files from max or psu to psv for use on the PS3? I've just bought an NTSC-J PS3 which runs KoC (and it looks great upscaled) but I haven't had any luck converting the EWS save file to PSV using the fire pro tools. It's very complicated!

EDIT: It appears I may need a different format as a backwards compatible ps2 save format (PSV) is different from a PSN downloaded ps2 game save format. It seems like the only way to do this is with a ps2 memory card adapter. I'll update should I find a way to do this.

otaku2255
Community Member

Postby otaku2255 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Still my all-time favorite wrestling game (for playing) and every fiber of my soul aches for a new version. I had high hopes the NJPW announcement would mean this, but there is still a [narrow] chance we could see a new game if Fire Pro World sells well enough.