King of Colosseum 2

wakigatame
Community Member

Re: King of Colosseum 2

Postby wakigatame » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:36 pm

It stays pretty steady at 49 and occasionally goes up to 51 for a few seconds. I haven't had any really bad stutters yet.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:53 am

Carlzilla wrote:I get about 58fps with any of them, but with anything above 0.9.6 I get stutter where it drops into the 20s for a few seconds every few minutes when in matches.

I get the same thing. My computer is from 2010 and it doesn't run ANYTHING as well as it used to. The emu ran perfectly when I first got this thing but 6 years and some wear and tear cause some lag.

Anyway, here are my FPR and KOC 2 settings:

Credit to Wonderland as he helped me come up with these:

First off, I'm using: PCSX2-0.9.7-r3878

Window size: 800 X 600

Full texture filtering box: Normal

FPR: Interlacing - Bob TFF (use blend if shaking)
KOC: Interlacing- None

For Video capping: Use 3X for FPR and 2X for KOC
For Pic capping: Use 2560 X 1920 (which is 1X for me since it's my computer's natural resolution)

One of the settings that need to be changed for KoC are the speed hacks, which are causing the freeze. So those two sliders that we bumped up to 2 and 1, drop those to 0. You can leave all the check marked boxes as they are.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Does anyone have a list of the default stats and such for everyone in the game?

tigermuppetcut
Community Member

Postby tigermuppetcut » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:01 pm

I only have a list of the overall points values for everyone in the game. Not their params etc.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:13 pm

tigermuppetcut wrote:I only have a list of the overall points values for everyone in the game. Not their params etc.

I'd be interested in seeing that.

tigermuppetcut
Community Member

Postby tigermuppetcut » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:55 pm

The list is the 3rd post in this very thread.

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Well now I feel like a doof. Thank you, sir.

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:15 pm

I use 1.21 and it runs fine for me. Probably depends on your computer.

Is there a way to get more edits? I want to put all the template guys in but there's like 130 of them for 100 slots. Is there some trick with memory cards or something? I'm using PCSX2.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Nope, only 100 edits can be loaded at any one time. If you really want all the templates, you could create them over pointless 2nd attires that exist for wrestlers already in the game after you hit the 100 limit...but that's the only way I'm aware of.

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Yeah, that would work. I thought that editing a character still required a new edit slot, though.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Nope, unless I'm remembering it incorrectly. As long as the slot exists in the game by default, it doesn't count against your total edit count.

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 am

Yeah, you're right. Cool stuff.

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Is there any difference between the Ultimate Crush match type and Vale Tudo (assuming you set Vale Tudo to three, five minute rounds)? I'm thinking there might be some subtle difference that the FAQ doesn't mention. It can't just be the locked round length and number because why then would anybody choose Ultimate Crush instead of Vale Tudo?

What about the American match type? Is it really just that everybody has the superstar trait so gets a bonus for taunting?

And Muga? The FAQ has little information. Just says "maybe hardcore".

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

yellowemperor wrote:Is there any difference between the Ultimate Crush match type and Vale Tudo (assuming you set Vale Tudo to three, five minute rounds)? I'm thinking there might be some subtle difference that the FAQ doesn't mention. It can't just be the locked round length and number because why then would anybody choose Ultimate Crush instead of Vale Tudo?

What about the American match type? Is it really just that everybody has the superstar trait so gets a bonus for taunting?

And Muga? The FAQ has little information. Just says "maybe hardcore".

If I remember correctly, Muga is wrestling focused on amateur style ground grappling and mat work. See "Mr. Muga" Osamu Nishimura. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Nishimura

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Oh right. That's more interesting than hardcore, certainly. No idea how it's implemented in the game, though.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 am

Ultimate Crush and U-Style matches are incredible in KOC 2. U-Style introduced me to that entire style and the UWF promotions that represented it. I love Ultimate Crush as well. I've had a lot of fun putting wrestlers and MMA fighters in these matches. I love the "crumble" effect for the strikes too with U-Style and Vale Tudo 8-)

yellowemperor

Postby yellowemperor » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 am

So why do you use Ultimate Crush instead of Vale Tudo? As far as I can figure out, they're the exact same thing. The only difference is Ultimate Crush has the rounds locked down to 3 five minute rounds. Is there something else going on? I suspect that there is but I don't know what exactly.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Admittedly, it's been more than a few months since I played KOC2 and about a year since the last time I played a rule set different than standard pro wrestling (with AJPW crowd scoring, of course :lol: ). So I can't remember the exact differences in the rule set but I can kind of remember my mindset in choosing and enjoying them. Vale Tudo rules felt to me like more straight up MMA whereas Ultimate Crush felt like a hybrid between MMA and pro wrestling. U-Style also fell along that line but I can't remember if I felt it was closer to MMA or pro wrestling.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Here's my oversimplified understanding...

Vale Tudo has no downs and is strictly MMA.
U-Style has downs and is a hybrid between MMA and wrestling.
Ultimate Crush has no downs and is a hybrid of MMA and wrestling.

Keep in mind it's also been ages since I've played an Ultimate Crush match.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I just installed PCSX2 1.4.0 on my Windows 10 laptop, and KoC2 and FPR are running pretty slowly on it, even though they shouldn't be (FPR runs just fine on my regular laptop :/ ).

Frame rates are roughly 40-50 on average and they shouldn't be.

My graphics settings are:
DirectX 11 (Hardware)
Resolution is whatever (even when I change it to Native, there's no significant increase in speed)
Interlace is Auto

Window size is 960x720, but I changed it to 800x600 to see if it goes faster, and it doesn't.

And literally everything else is set to Default.

Any suggestions on what settings to use?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:24 am

Make sure your laptop isn't in power-saver mode. It scales the processing ability of the GPU and CPU back and can make a big difference when running on a laptop.

Also, newer doesn't always mean better. Your older laptop could have had a dedicated video card, while this computer may not, or if it does, it may be set up to use the onboard unless you specify otherwise due to the onboard requiring less battery power.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Update: Trying it on 1.0.0 on my newer laptop yields a higher framerate (consistently 50-60)
The PCSX2 forum support guys told me 1.4.0 is much more resource-intensive than 1.0.0, which is why KoC2 and FPR were running slow on it.
Basically, 1.0.0 for KoC2 and FPR, 1.4.0 for FPZ.

Anyways, I got saves from GameFAQs, with 2 of them (under the MAX Drive section) saying they're 100% Unlocked saves (one of them is even from Dokoham, lol): https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/921208-kin ... m-ii/saves
Before I try either, can somebody (probably you, Carl, since you're basically the only other one around here still cooking with KoC) verify whether both are in fact 100% Unlocked?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

tigermask
Community Member

Postby tigermask » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:47 am

I've only just gotten in to KOC and I can't believe it's taken me this long!

Can anyone point me to a Rikidozan edit? Or at least a decent head to use? I'm gutted that he's not even a secret character template.

I had a massive mark-out moment when I was playing through survival on the MMA road and went up again Fake Tyson. He bit my ear!!!

tigermuppetcut
Community Member

Postby tigermuppetcut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't know of any Rikidozan edits, I hadn't thought how odd it was not to have him hidden until now!

Welcome to the joy that is KoC (you playing 2 or red/green?)

The only thing that would make me happier than the FP World announcement would be a KoC3 (or VPW3) announcement!

wakigatame
Community Member

Postby wakigatame » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:45 am

tigermask wrote:I've only just gotten in to KOC and I can't believe it's taken me this long!

Can anyone point me to a Rikidozan edit? Or at least a decent head to use? I'm gutted that he's not even a secret character template.

I had a massive mark-out moment when I was playing through survival on the MMA road and went up again Fake Tyson. He bit my ear!!!

One of the old Evil Ways Sindicate saves (Big in Japan I think?) has a Rikidozan edit and a Karl Gotch one as well. No Thesz, though.