Other Fighting Games

kokushishin
Community Member

Re: Other Fighting Games

Postby kokushishin » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 am

<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 am

SIGGY LIVES~

Guess he was too popular to have only Nightmare in Soul Calibur 6.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 am

I still want Akuma to crossover into Soul Calibur. Who am I kidding, I want Akuma to crossover into every single fighting game made.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:02 am

Akuma in Mortal Kombat seems fitting.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm probably in the minority of Soul Calibur diehards who has never really liked Siegfried so his inclusion in the new game doesn't really do anything for me. Can't say that I'm surprised that he's in but I was kind of hoping for just the one lefthander user this time around. Oh well. I'm really just hoping my guys Voldo and Astaroth don't get the axe.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm

El Marsh wrote:I'm probably in the minority of Soul Calibur diehards who has never really liked Siegfried so his inclusion in the new game doesn't really do anything for me. Can't say that I'm surprised that he's in but I was kind of hoping for just the one lefthander user this time around. Oh well. I'm really just hoping my guys Voldo and Astaroth don't get the axe.

I see what you did there....

Wouldn't worry too much about those two, Voldo's almost certainly going to be in, and I'd think Astaroth is too popular as well to...get the axe.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Siegfried in Soul Calibur VI... Color me shocked.

/sarcasm
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Fucking autocorrect

Apparently zweihander was corrected to lefthander

Wtf

Incidentally, they've yet to reveal the series' only lefty (Raphael)

Would be interesting to see if he makes it with the new timeline and all
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:56 pm

El Marsh wrote:Incidentally, they've yet to reveal the series' only lefty (Raphael)

Would be interesting to see if he makes it with the new timeline and all

I would think he would be since it's set in-between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, isn't it?

The only other hopeful I want is Cassandra. Everyone after her is icing on the cake.

I hope to the gods that Geralt's playstyle is at least interesting because the character himself is the most uninteresting character I've ever witnessed.

"I'm an edgy-asshole-witch-man. Love me!" Yeah, no thanks - I'd rather have Devil Jin and I hate him too.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Honestly, I'd rather have that than some spiky haired pretty boy from Final Fantasy.

Guest characters are never going to please everyone. It's a small part of the reason why I dislike them in fighting games.

As for Raphael, I guess my concern is that since they're changing things in regard to the protagonists of SCI, they might do the same for SCII which is where Raphael "triumphs" but becomes tainted by Soul Edge, turning into the pseudo vampire he was in SC3-5. I have no idea about his popularity and whether there's demand for him but if he's retconned into being am ancillary character then I wouldn't be surprised if he was given DLC status or omitted altogether. Obvious that's a HUGE reach of a conclusion based on very, very little info but yeah, I think that at the very least he will have a different role in the story.
ImageImage

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Raph was dead in SC5 (he was the body Nightmare was inhabiting).

People are surprised at Siggy already being announced because Nightmare has already been shown to be Siggy under the helm again, so it was assumed he'd either be absent (as in SC2) or an 'extra'/Soul to use in Created Characters or something since post SC2 they were always two physically different characters.

kokushishin
Community Member

Postby kokushishin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:I hope to the gods that Geralt's playstyle is at least interesting because the character himself is the most uninteresting character I've ever witnessed.

"I'm an edgy-asshole-witch-man. Love me!" Yeah, no thanks - I'd rather have Devil Jin and I hate him too.

Geralt is allegedly a Poe of Elric and Marlowe.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue May 01, 2018 4:43 pm

Taki revealed for SoulCalibur VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPA3QTfwBr4
ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu May 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Today is a good day

Yoshimitsu revealed for SoulCalibur VI

edit: apparently it hasn't officially been posted by NamcoBandai so the vids showing his reveal have all been removed
>_<

Funny how other outlets are publishing the vid before the one that actually makes the game

I hate the internet sometimes
ImageImage

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu May 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Still isn't Cassandra.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 am

So Cody's video for SF5 released today...

And it's got a bit of a cameo.. (also Im pretty sure the voice on the phone is an extra cameo).

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon May 28, 2018 5:50 am

^that is officially the coolest character reveal in the history of fighting games and yes, it's because of the cameos in the vignette there
Spoiler: show
Kenny Omega and Xavier Woods :markout: :markout: :markout: :markout: :markout: :markout: :markout: :markout:

but seriously, gameplay-wise Cody looks.....different

like some weird fusion of classic Cody and Mike Haggar

not gonna knock it til I try it but man, I really wasn't expecting that

that release date is rubbish
ImageImage

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Dead or Alive 6.

Team Ninja said they're heavily rolling back the revealing outfits and whatnot on women and apparently it's gonna be a pretty serious entry. To example this, Kasumi's trailer outfit is a full-body suit. She's still stacked, but zero skin.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 am

Has anybody played that BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle game?
ImageImage

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:45 am

El Marsh wrote:Has anybody played that BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle game?

I've not, but everything I've read about the gameplay is promising, from what I'm seeing, the basics are pretty easy, but the strategy side of things is fairly deep. I'm very much interested in getting it, finances are the only thing holding me back at this point.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:16 am

Looks like a good game if you're just starting out, but terrible for deeper play at higher levels. Too stripped down like DBZF is, leading to the best strategies being found immediately and not leaving much room for creativity.

Could be worthwhile if you're a fan of Persona/BlazBlue/RWBY though.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Wow, a "little" late in responding but thank you both for the opinion about BBCTB. I think I'll pass on it at this time since I've been falling in/out of Injustice 2, BB: Central Fiction, and SFV again. Fun as those can be, I'm really hard up for a current gen 3D melee fighter (that's not Dragon Ball, no offense). Soulcalibur VI is3.5 months away and it can't come soon enough for my liking :lol:

Speaking of Soulcalibur, they are very slowly revealing the roster for the game, having officially debuted the 14th playable character (Talim) today. Soulcalibur is one of the few series where I make a concerted effort to try to use as many characters as possible since I just like the games that much. Still, we all have favorites and while my absolute favorite (Xianghua) was revealed months ago, I still await to see whether Astaroth and Voldo are included in the base roster. They've already confirmed that their will be DLC characters and it would make more sense to have a couple of classic characters that interest the fanbase as DLC instead of newcomers that might not click with everyone.

Mind you I don't actually WANT that to be the case but I think it would make better sense from a business standpoint and thus I'm somewhat expectant of it. I'm getting the game regardless of who's available and when (again, favorite video game franchise) but I'd much prefer that completely unique movesets make up the entirety of the base roster while beloved characters with divergent movesets (i.e. Seong Mi-Na, Cassandra, Amy, Alpha-Patroklos (whose popularity largely came from the fact that he stole Setsuka's moveset in SCV lol), etc.) should be left for people to add at their own leisure.

Makes me wonder what the other new characters are going to be like though. Not a fan of the one we've seen thus far (Groh; Geralt of Rivia is also technically a newcomer but as the game's guest character, he's more of the dessert to me and not the meat, if that makes sense). Sure would be nice to see a newcomer with a classic, conventional martial weapon. Not sure Project Soul is into that anymore though given he designs of Ein and Viola in SCV, and now Groh in SCVI. Those three all seem like they should be in a CastleVania game instead. :lol:
ImageImage

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:29 pm

"Talim readded to game"

Good, maybe now the fandom will STFU about her lmao. Never understood the unhealthy obsession with her, and she's bottom tier like every game so it's not a high pick thing..

Also, sad that we're likely gonna lose Hilde as shes both an interesting fighting style and actually a high-tier player.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:24 am

Yeah, the obsessiveness with any character in anything is dubious, even more so when said character looks like a kid. I actually enjoyed playing as Talim because her evasion skills were really fun to use, even though her range and damage output were the worst in every game (virtually decreasing in viability from her introduction in SCII to her ineffectiveness in the immediate two sequels). It "looks" like her range has actually been increased slightly, though she's lost a bit of attack speed to balance out. I'm guessing they realized how gimped she was with a weapon that extends the length of her forearm (which is even shorter given that she's the smallest character in the game) and have tried to do something to aid that.

One thing that I'm really glad that they've implemented for her and other characters with "powers" is that those supernatural abilities are now integrated into their gameplay, most usually during the Soul Charge moves (and of course during the cinematic Critical Finish moves). So where in the past we read about Yoshimitsu's cursed sword stealing souls, we now actually SEE it do so in-game (he has a couple of moves that siphon the opponent's soul gauge into his sword and then into his own meter). Instead of reading how Kilik flips out when he loses his enchanted jewel, we actually SEE it in action with a Devil-like transformation. And so forth and so on with Nightmare, Zasalamel, Taki, and Talim. As "busy" as the screen is with all of the new particle and cinematic effects, I think it's pretty awesome that they're bringing the character lore into the gameplay after all of this time.
ImageImage

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the Cassandra reveal.

I loved the Gladiator Sword and Board in III, Greatly enjoyed Cassandra in IV, and then absolutely hated Pyrrha in V, but played her anyways because I liked her more than Patroklos.

My faith in Namco in this day and age is a charitable 3/10.