Community Member

Re: VG Sales!

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:38 am

El Marsh wrote:awww

I totally missed out

would have loved those Lego games

anyhow, nice haul!

have fun :D

I generally don't purchase LEGO games until/if they're on sale. They're a lot of fun, but they're not something I'd pay full-price for considering they're marketed for kids (they're extremely forgiving in the difficulty, which is understandable). I mean, it's okay that they're marketed for kids, but I generally play them as something to burn time, or if I'm in the mood for something silly or cutesy.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 am

free games and online multiplayer on PS4™ systems.* In February, PS Plus membership includes Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back and Nom Nom Galaxy

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:07 am

Have had Helldivers since launch. Still one of the best indy games I've bought. Entertaining both soloing and playing in a group.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:05 pm

Need For Speed: Most Wanted is "on the house" on Origin for any of you guys that are interested.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:26 am

Crusader Kings 2 is on sale on steam for 10 bucks for the next week or so. also there's like, $120 worth of dlc for $30...

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 am

Wonderland wrote:Crusader Kings 2 is on sale on steam for 10 bucks for the next week or so. also there's like, $120 worth of dlc for $30...

Ah, CKII, my top "Oooh I gotta play this -> Install -> Never get to it -> Uninstall" game ever.

There's also a nice sale on Nuuvem. Many games are region locked to Brazil/SA but some can be bought with a free VPN (like tunnelbear).
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut ($7) and Broforce are such examples and are also great games. I think MKX is also available via this method.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 am

sonny615 wrote: I think MKX is also available via this method.

I won't recommend anyone buy MKX on PC due to the fact they've pretty much dropped supporting it with any further characters (no Kombat Pack 2), or the new netcode the consoles are getting. If you want to play it and don't have access to consoles, wait until it's dirt cheap (under $5).
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

cominattraction
Community Member

Postby cominattraction » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

C-Drive wrote:

I won't recommend anyone buy MKX on PC due to the fact they've pretty much dropped supporting it with any further characters (no Kombat Pack 2), or the new netcode the consoles are getting. If you want to play it and don't have access to consoles, wait until it's dirt cheap (under $5).

He's right. People were pretty upset about not getting the new Kombat Pack but once they realized they the netcode update wasn't happening either...

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:40 pm

cominattraction wrote:
C-Drive wrote:

He's right. People were pretty upset about not getting the new Kombat Pack but once they realized they the netcode update wasn't happening either...

Yeah... I won't go far into it, but I'll say that I was rather upset about it at first. I'm not so upset about it now because it's Mortal Kombat and I don't care as much about Mortal Kombat as I do other franchises: See SoulCalibur, as an example.

I'm /more/ upset that these (seemingly) Triple-A companies are putting out these games, and they outsourced the PC port to another company and they haven't rectified the decision whatsoever. They didn't give a reason as to why they didn't want the DLC on PC, but that's horrendous customer support, more-or-less. You got people who bought the game during the Steam Winter Sale that pretty much blew a gasket over this issue, and it's really really disappointing, because I was happy with MKX to begin with, and then this just feels like a punch to the nuts (Johnny Cage reference intended). Now that I look at how awful WB/NRS is with their DLC policies, Capcom and Namco are looking pretty good right about now - Capcom had that big DLC issue with their games a few years back, and I forget which ones now, but it was pretty frickin' bad.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 pm

this steam sale is pretty epic. got la noire with all dlc for 6, damn it's a cool game. unique!

cominattraction
Community Member

Postby cominattraction » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:43 am

Wonderland wrote:this steam sale is pretty epic. got la noire with all dlc for 6, damn it's a cool game. unique!

Steam takes WAY more money from me than I'd like to admit...

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:35 am

cominattraction wrote:Steam takes WAY more money from me than I'd like to admit...

drug dealers usually do

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:03 am

don't hate the player, baby
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:18 am

but... i'm the player

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:16 pm

I decided to sell all my Steam Trading cards. Amazingly enough, they worth ~$50-$60!

BTW, MKX PC is pretty much dirt cheap already on G2A.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 am

Even though my backlog is full, I didn't resist the temptation and bought X-Com 2.
You can get it as low as $35 on all those dodgy key reseller sites. I got it from this site using "Allkeyshop" code for an additional discount.
That's pretty amazing for a game that was just released a few days ago for $60.
The order also includes pre-order bonus.

Football Manager 2016 is 50% off on Steam so it looks like I'll be jumping the Jamie Vardy hype train very soon.

scorp
Community Member

Postby scorp » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:00 am

psn flash sale.. some pretty good stuff including street fighter games.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:01 pm

scorp wrote:psn flash sale.. some pretty good stuff including street fighter games.

Very nice. Another 10 games for $20. Bought all the Street Fighter games listed except for the PSP one. I've actually never played the Alpha series at all so this should be interesting.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Nth wrote:I've actually never played the Alpha series at all so this should be interesting.

Oh boy, have some fun with that. Those are some of the greats.
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:04 am

scorp wrote:psn flash sale.. some pretty good stuff including street fighter games.

Went a little wild with this one:

• Street Fighter Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
  • Monopoly Plus (PS4)
  • Hard Corps Uprising
  • Double Dragon Neon

cominattraction
Community Member

Postby cominattraction » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:06 am

If you guys want to play any of the Street Fighters, let me know. I got all of them in the 25 year anniversary bundle the wife got me for Valentines Day a few years back.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:41 pm

The new Humble Bundle has some very nice value.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Galak-Z and Broforce up on PSN for free to PS+ subscribers.
Also 20th Anniversary Resident Evil sale happening on PSN now on all Resident Evil games and DLC.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Nth wrote:Galak-Z and Broforce up on PSN for free to PS+ subscribers.

Can confirm Broforce is super fun, especially with a friend (or a bro....).

Heard good things about Galak-Z too.

scorp
Community Member

Postby scorp » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:54 pm

there is a psn flash sale with some pretty good stuff.