Upcoming Games of EXCITE

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Upcoming Games of EXCITE

Postby orochigeese » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:20 pm

This is the traditional "Upcoming Games" thread.

Thanks to Mister Zurkon for suggesting it is made 8-)

In this thread discuss games that are scheduled or discussed to be released in the future.

In this thread, the future is almost now :shock:

Special attention paid to games that warm the cockles just daydreaming about.

I would suggest that if a game is definitely set to come out and there's enough posts about it in this thread, it's perfectly reasonable to start a new thread about that game. It's not always to know the exact balance between "let's keep talking about a game in this thread for close to a page" vs. "okay you don't have to go home but you can't stay here" but the line exists and is forever sought after.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Re: Upcoming Games of EXCITE

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:00 pm

I'm not OMG!-hype level of excited for a lot games lately.

I'm looking forward to SFV because Mika. That's literally it. If it weren't her, I wouldn't care, but for good reason: I haven't had a chance to play as her in any other games outside of SFA3. Everyone who's a regular here should know by now she's my favorite character in the series - and for all the obvious reasons.

I pretty interested in Unravel when it was revealed at E3 or whatever last year/earlier this year, maybe - I can't remember. But yeah, that's one of the first games in a long time to catch my interest.

I'm still playing games that released 4+ years ago. That's how much I care about new releases. Basically, I could care less about most new releases because they're either games I never cared about before, or it's the same stuff I've already seen done a thousand and 12 times in the past. Sure, that sounds hypocritical, but what can you do.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Currently I'm most excited for:

1) River City Ransom Underground
2) Street Fighter V
3) King of Fighters XIV (hope springs eternal)

I'm still playing stuff released years ago too. I don't even have a "main game" either right now. I'm casually alternating between a few.

The games I am most excited for that haven't yet been formally announced is a Red Dead or Sleeping Dogs sequel.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:01 am

Still undecided if I am going to pick up the new Star Wars Battlefront game at release. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, just don't think it will be worth $90 at release.

I also went ahead and cancelled my pre-order for Dead Island 2. From the recent news around the development studio, it sounds like the game could be headed for the vaporware pile or at least a half assed release.

As for my remaining pre-order for 2015 list; still have the new Earth Defense Force game and Just Cause 3 in December.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:06 am

I've seen a lot of commercials for Star Wars: Battlefront but can't tell what it is. It's an FPS, right? If I had a system that could play it, I could see picking it up as it looks like a fun romp through Star Warsbut I'm not a big enough FPS fan or even Star Wars fan to get a system for it. $90 sounds steep. Is that including a full package experience (stuffed ewoks and an R2 trash can) or just the game itself?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:11 am

orochigeese wrote:I've seen a lot of commercials for Star Wars: Battlefront but can't tell what it is. It's an FPS, right? If I had a system that could play it, I could see picking it up as it looks like a fun romp through Star Wars land but I'm not a big enough FPS fan or even Star Wars fan to get a system for it. $90 sounds steep. Is that including like a full package experience (stuffed ewoks and an R2 trash can) or just the game itself?

Unfortunately no. About six months if not a little more ago, Canada got a price hike in video games due to our dollar dropping in value. Fortunately Amazon has a policy where you pay the lowest price of an item or the listed price of something you pre-ordered. So a lot of the games I'll be getting this year are still at their old prices because I pre-ordered before the hike, but I didn't pre-order Star Wars because I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it.

It is a FPS game, looks really good to.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:19 am

Whoops :oops: I forgot that you live in Canada. (I kind of assume that you live like one or two towns away from me in FFVI :lol: ) That really sucks about the price hike. Paying close to $100 for a (non-import wrestling game or old school Square RPG) game is really disturbing.

I'm glad you are able to get better prices due to Amazon though 8-)

FPS isn't my favorite genre but I have had a number of excellent FPS experiences. I think that a Star Wars FPS done really well would be really fun for me. So I would like to play this game at some point but prob not til I either get a new computer or a current gen system.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 am

Nth wrote:Still undecided if I am going to pick up the new Star Wars Battlefront game at release. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, just don't think it will be worth $90 at release.

$90 for the base game? That's insane. ...and I was complaining about Euro.
Can you use a VPN or something?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:49 pm

sonny615 wrote:
Nth wrote:Still undecided if I am going to pick up the new Star Wars Battlefront game at release. I'm sure I'll get it at some point, just don't think it will be worth $90 at release.

$90 for the base game? That's insane. ...and I was complaining about Euro.
Can you use a VPN or something?

PC couldn't run it. Would be getting it on PS4.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:35 am

OK man. I sure hope you enjoy it.
Honestly, I don't even think it's worth the $60 it originally cost.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:43 pm

orochigeese wrote:FPS isn't my favorite genre but I have had a number of excellent FPS experiences. I think that a Star Wars FPS done really well would be really fun for me. So I would like to play this game at some point but prob not til I either get a new computer or a current gen system.

Just a reminder here.

Battlefront is not solely a First Person Shooter, it can be played in Third Person as well, and is better that way.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:27 am

Oh wow, I had no idea that you could also play it 3rd player. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more that way 8-)

I'm probably going to get a gaming PC as my next gaming-related hardware purchase. I could see getting Battlefront on it.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:52 pm

orochigeese wrote:I'm probably going to get a gaming PC as my next gaming-related hardware purchase.

DO IT please, it's the best way to game - you can do Steam In-Home Streaming for sitting on a couch console-style (including setting up FPWR - or any emulated game - to run within Steam and stream to your TV).

You could get KOF 14 for it and we can have fights, fights which you will win because you are better. I'd probably buy it for PS4, but not if there's a PC option (which I'm sure there will be). Also, I'll eventually get Battlefront.
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:39 pm

I plan on a new PC early next year for Warhammer Total War and Rising Storm 2. Will also be nice to be able to play through all of the Starcraft II series on high settings.
Oh and Warhammer Vermintide. Really want to try that. Like Left 4 Dead except in the Warhammer fantasy universe, fighting off an invading horde of Skaven.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:49 am

Holy crap, Valkyria Chronicles being remastered for PS4, set to come with a demo of Valkyria Azure Revolution i.e. Valkyria Chronicles IV.

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-azu ... ed-for-ps4

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:08 am

C-Drive wrote:
orochigeese wrote:I'm probably going to get a gaming PC as my next gaming-related hardware purchase.

You could get KOF 14 for it and we can have fights, fights which you will win because you are better. I'd probably buy it for PS4, but not if there's a PC option (which I'm sure there will be). Also, I'll eventually get Battlefront.

One of my friends and I have been console gamers since like elementary school. Both of us have bought at least one system in every generation including all of the PlayStations up until PS4.. Neither one of us has any interest in getting a new console even though we are both still heavy gamers. We've been talking a lot about each getting PC's in the next year. I'm kind of waiting for some "things" in life to happen before I get a large desktop though since I'll likely be moving soon and I'd rather not have to buy a new computer, set it up, then move it within a few months. But my laptop is showing it's about 6 months away from "it's final days" and I know some awesome games are coming out soon. I want them on PC since I'll need a new computer anyway. PC gamepads and converters are so much better now too.

I am planning on getting KOF 14 and SF 5 on PC 8-)

http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/13/hori-reveals-upcoming-real-arcade-pro-v-hayabusa-stick-fighting-commander-4-controller/

Both of these controllers will feature support for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.

I'll still have my current systems as well for things like Fire Pro and existing fighting games.

It's almost 100% that I'm gonna be switching to gaming on the PC for the equivalent of the current console generation.

I already have been using Steam for more games. Not major ones due to my 5 year old laptop's specs but tuff that I would have originally bought on like PSN or WiiWare (lol) or something like that. The next game I buy will likely be River City Underground, on Steam.

The ONLY thing that worries me is that Rockstar will somehow ignore the momentum of PC and Steam over the past 5 years and not release Red Dead 's sequel on it. I think that's probably unlikely given how so many blockbusters are released on PC now but it was so odd that the original RDR didn't come out on PC. I hope they learned their lesson. Sleeping Dogs came out on Steam so I'm guessing a sequel would too. As for wrestling games, the next Fire Pro could be released on f'n Wonderswan for all we know.

C-Drive wrote:you can do Steam In-Home Streaming for sitting on a couch console-style (including setting up FPWR - or any emulated game - to run within Steam and stream to your TV).

Are you saying that I could NOW run my current PCSX2 emulator through Steam somehow and onto my TV?

I have an HDMI cable that I have been using to run Netflix to my TV (since it takes my PS3 10 hours to load and update whereas my computer is on 90% of the time I'm here). I use the TV as a second screen for my computer.

I could run Steam through that to my TV and run my emulator through Steam?

I've tried running the emulator directly through the HDMI cable and it's kind of choppy. When I want to play FPR on my TV I usually just load the PSN version of it. But I'd rather use my emulator version as it's my main FPR version so it always has my most updated save.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 pm

orochigeese wrote:The ONLY thing that worries me is that Rockstar will somehow ignore the momentum of PC and Steam over the past 5 years and not release Red Dead 's sequel on it. I think that's probably unlikely given how so many blockbusters are released on PC now but it was so odd that the original RDR didn't come out on PC. I hope they learned their lesson. Sleeping Dogs came out on Steam so I'm guessing a sequel would too. As for wrestling games, the next Fire Pro could be released on f'n Wonderswan for all we know.

Don't worry about RDR2 coming out for PC - it will. There might be a delay for it (like with GTA5), but it will come out on PC. The first didn't because when it was being developed, there was so much going on in regards to changes in the development team, and in return, changes in the engine. This led to a game that was pretty much coded directly for consoles and to get a PC release would have required a lot of work that I believe Rockstar felt they wouldn't get a good return in investment on. Now, with both PS4 and Xbox One being consoles built with "off-the-shelf" parts, they are basically PCs and developing for them means PC ports are easy as pie.

orochigeese wrote:Are you saying that I could NOW run my current PCSX2 emulator through Steam somehow and onto my TV?

Ice let's you set up different roms or ISOs inside Steam as separate games. This can also be done manually. Once it's a custom game, you can add a image to it and it looks like any other game in Steam.

Yeah, you can add PCSX2 as a custom game in Steam, and you can stream it to your TV using a separate device. One machine (your most powerful box) will be running Steam and your games, while the other machine (something with Steam installed and TV connectability) is just a client for your television, running in Big Picture Mode, that receives the other box running the Steam games. If you only have one laptop/computer, then it's not going to work out I explain it better in this post on NeoGAF. We have a topic here on the WARENA as well.

orochigeese wrote:I have an HDMI cable that I have been using to run Netflix to my TV (since it takes my PS3 10 hours to load and update whereas my computer is on 90% of the time I'm here). I use the TV as a second screen for my computer.

I could run Steam through that to my TV and run my emulator through Steam?

I've tried running the emulator directly through the HDMI cable and it's kind of choppy. When I want to play FPR on my TV I usually just load the PSN version of it. But I'd rather use my emulator version as it's my main FPR version so it always has my most updated save.

Running the emulator through Steam won't improve any issues you might be having if you have an HDMI cable directly connected to your TV. That sounds something with the Video Card output. When you run your laptop through HDMI to your PC, does the TV become a 2nd screen, or a duplicate of your laptop screen? For best video results when running HDMI from a laptop, you want it to be duplicating the screen, and you'll want to close your laptop. In order for your laptop to not go to sleep or hibernate, you'll have to go to the Start menu, search/find "Power Options" in control panel. There, it will have an option on the left side for "What closing the lid does" - then make sure to set when it's "Plugged in" to never go to sleep when the lid is closed. Once connected to the TV for HDMI, close the lid and your video resolution on the television should change. Also, make sure your TV settings for that HDMI input is set to Widescreen and 1080p. This is all assuming you have a laptop from within the past five or so years that has a decent enough video card. Which I'm assuming because you're able to run PCSX2 and record video and you end up with decent videos.

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:23 am

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1: THE SHADOW OF NEW DESPAIR has gone gold and will be released for the PS4 on December 8th.

That is all.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

:markout: :markout: :markout:

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:57 pm

RollinsPhan wrote:EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1: THE SHADOW OF NEW DESPAIR has gone gold and will be released for the PS4 on December 8th.

That is all.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

:markout: :markout: :markout:

Yep, have had it pre-ordered for months now. Also Just Cause 3 hits in December as well.

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Bloodborne Expansion is out Tuesday, the 24th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbGdIdHOO3I

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Valkyria: Azure Revolution teaser up. Looks like it's going more of an RPG route than a strategy rpg route like the other games were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xzr4ZNo0U

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Okay, now I might have to buy a 3DS - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-tw ... YHRe6a6b70

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 am

Retro City Rampage getting a sequel - Shakedown Hawaii - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNmYyb7dCdQ

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:23 pm

kokushishin
Community Member

Postby kokushishin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 am

Nth wrote:Valkyria: Azure Revolution teaser up. Looks like it's going more of an RPG route than a strategy rpg route like the other games were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Xzr4ZNo0U

from what it sounds like, it's more squad control than 1 unit at a time. I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly but it sounded like if you have a sniper in the group they get to shoot first, your melee units (looks like the MC is a Fencer) run in and attack, the enemy is trying to intercept you etc. etc. Of course this would be like assuming VC1 is all tank vs. tank based on early shots of Welkin.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy