Upcoming Games of EXCITE

Nth
Community Member

Re: Upcoming Games of EXCITE

Postby Nth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:32 am

Some Fist of the North Star gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_O5xBjw2Io

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Some new Kingdom Come Deliverance gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbnXdPKQ4lk

Some new Secret of Mana remake gameplay - https://youtu.be/DowyMiW6Dgw

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:13 pm

New Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w

IGN livestream revealing lots of new gameplay info now. I will just say Dual Wielding.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 pm

New article on the Wargroove editor - http://www.pcgamer.com/were-making-a-to ... -pcgamertw

They mention a Game of Thrones mod for the game in the article, something I brought up on their official forums a few months ago, lol.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 pm

New Earth Defense Force 5 teaser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxT4ac8AqU

If you haven't tried this series yet, they are addictively fun.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Unsung Story, the spiritual successor to Ogre Battle and Final Fantasy Tactics now back in production. The Kickstarter project fell of the rails when the lead designer up and decided to go work on another game and a new design team has taken up the reigns and are completely starting from scratch.

Dear Backers,

Today we are going to share the first piece of new concept art with you, but I don’t want to over hype this. Before we get washed away in a flood of comments and critiques, just remember this is just one piece of art from pre-production. I happen to like it for a number of reasons, but we’re still a long way from locking in the overall art style.

With that out of the way, I would like to take a moment and talk about the art process, pre-production, and our decision to stay with a 3D art style.
PRE-PRODUCTION

Right now there is a lot going on in the art department, but it is important to let you know we are not in full production yet. As I mentioned in our August Update, Little Orbit is starting from scratch to bring Matsuno’s design to life. This means we are in the experimental stages of pre-production, which is where we create a number of Design Documents including the Art Design Document.

The Art Design Document will eventually form the roadmap for each visual component of the game. It will spell out in great detail the techniques we need to use to create our heroes, monsters, environments, and items. It will also map out the User Interface style guide and visual elements we will use to convey information to the players. Some of this document will be technical in nature with definitions for texture sizes and polygon counts, and other parts will contain the initial length of time it took to create each type of asset, so that we can build estimates of how long it will take to complete all of the artwork we need.

The fun part of pre-production is where we bring in various external artists to submit creative ideas – concept art.

We started by reviewing all of the existing Playdek concept art, and then exploring what we liked and what we didn’t.

I want to go on record saying that there are many beautiful pieces of art that Playdek shared with the community. However, everyone on the art team shared two central problems with what was produced:

1) The pieces were overly gritty and realistic.

For myself, I kept looking back at earlier Matsuno games, and they all have a much brighter color palette with more visual fantasy elements. And while a number of the Playdek pieces are lovingly painted and hauntingly epic, they mostly portray neutral to muddy color scenes with realistic characters that could have walked right out of medieval Europe. This isn’t the vision I had at all when I first started thinking about what the spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre might look like. A quick glance at Akihiko Yoshida’s tumblr (he was the character designer on many of the original tactics games) will show you what I mean.

2) The pieces weren’t from the perspective of the game.

Many of the Playdek pieces show external views of distant locations. Again there is nothing wrong with the art itself. But none of these scenes are rendered from the proper angle or distance of a tactics game. None of them help an artist visualize battle fields or location elements that the player might interact with.

We felt it was important to stick with concept art that will help us flesh out the look and feel of the game before we dive into true production.

FULL 3D OR NOT

Given that we needed to build out our own concept art, we next had to answer a major art question: Did we want to do full 3D art, or did we want to try and stick with something closer to Final Fantasy Tactics with 2D sprites against 3D environments?

I have mentioned before that we have engaged a couple members of the Final Fantasy Tactics modding community, and two of them are pixel artists who spent time exploring the 2D approach. We had a couple renders done for each direction, but we ultimately decided for a number of reasons to stick with full 3D like Playdek originally promised.

So how do we capture the feel of a game like Final Fantasy Tactics in full 3D?

In my opinion, the goal of the Unsung Story art is to honor the games that have come before while still creating something unique and fun in its own right. We spent time analyzing the hand drawn 2D art, the pixel art, and then sketching out ideas for how that might translate into full 3D. We also reviewed the work of many classic tactics artists as well as sought contemporary inspiration.

Alongside this entire effort, our design team has been redefining each aspect of the game by going back to Matsuno’s original ideas and narrative. We felt it was important to have a fairly locked down story line, game play mechanics, and class progression before we got too far commissioning concept art.
DIVINE DEFENDER

With some of these important decisions settled, we could now start commissioning concept art. When we commission these pieces, we want them to help us visualize the following things:

How to translate the feel of a 2D sprite into a full 3D character model
How to create distinction without too much detail that will be lost at the size and angle this character will be on screen
How to capture the thematic feel of the School this class / armor set comes from
How to bring Matsuno’s original fantasy themed Unsung Story ideas to life

Here is my favorite so far that comes closest to addressing each of those issues:
Divine Defender Concept Art Divine Defender Concept Art

The artist who submitted this piece is Tyler James, my incredibly talented Art Director on HEX: Shards of Fate. You can see more of his work on his website http://www.artofty.com/. I also want to thank iijyanaika for his feedback on the design. Iijyanaika is one of the early Art Consultant backers who signed up on the forums for access to our Art Discussion forum on the little orbit website.

Hopefully you enjoyed the sneak peek and this gives you some insight into our process moving forward. We are looking forward to showing you more as pre-production continues.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Sincerely, Matthew Scott

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 am

Warhammer Vermintide 2 announced - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH_bRy7AEho

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm

October 26th the patch that fuses Warhammer Total War and Warhammer Total War 2 into one game arrives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTBXTDkJPiA and there is still a part 3 to come late next year.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Advance Wars spiritual successor Tiny Metal gets an official release date of November 21st on PS4, Switch and Steam - http://tinymetal.com/

RollinsPhan
Community Member

Postby RollinsPhan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Pre-ordered WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS for the PS4 today. I'll be Making America Nazi-Free Again on Friday!

:markout:

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:11 am

*urge to snark.....RISING*

xD
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:55 am

Paris Games Week going on now and some cool news is starting to trickle out.

Metal Gear Phantom Pain is getting a PS4 Pro upgrade patch in the next 24 hours which is awesome because I bought the game release day and still haven't got around to playing it.

Here's a comp trailer of some new games coming down the line to PS4 including The Last of Us 2, an open world Samurai game called Ghost of Tsushima, a John Woo inspired actioner called Hong Kong Massacre and some new trailers of some other already announced games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQ1NAzJQNo

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Extended Hokuto No Ken trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1stIcdX7SI

Tommy Tarantula
Community Member

Postby Tommy Tarantula » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Spelunky 2 Official trailer release I'm so HYPED! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VjknboFaQ

BakFu888

Postby BakFu888 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Tommy Tarantula wrote:Spelunky 2 Official trailer release I'm so HYPED!

Seconded! I think I was more stoked for the Spelunky 2 announcement than anything else mentioned. The Sucker Punch game looked interesting, and of course Insomniac's Spider Man game has my attention (the sooner they finish that, the sooner they can start working on Sunset Overdrive again... :D), but Spelunky news was the winner for me.

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:21 am

So the WoW Expansion was shown off at Blizzcon today........ and I have no cares, even from a lore standpoint (and I LOVE Warcraft lore).

Man blizz is killing me.

Wonder how the legacy servers go, though.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Tiny Metal (aka Advance Wars 3D) coming to all platforms November 21st - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXx0c1XbR4A

I'm getting it on PS4 and PC and I suppose if I am getting a Switch in January or earlier (depending on any Black Friday sales) I will be getting it on that as well.

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 am

ACE OF SEAFOOD

on PS4 Tuesday, On Steam NOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ompW9qbpXc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45050 ... f_Seafood/

Spoiler: show
Ace of Seafood is an open-world third-party action shooting game set in the vast ocean, developed by Nussoft.

In this world, sea creatures possess the ability to shoot powerful lasers that can destroy just about anything. Organize up to six members of fish or crabs in your party. Defeat enemies, collect followers, train yourself and secure reefs. Expand your fighting power by fighting various other creatures while exploring the vast underwater world.

Take control of an array of sea creatures and freely explore the ocean in an open-world map.

You will engage in battle with various forms of sea-life in order to capture and take control of the reefs they guard.

The reefs serve as bases from which you can strengthen your allies and breed more of them.

As you multiply your victories, you will be able to control a stronger force and explore a wider region.

In battle, your allies will follow the commands of the Ace (that's you) which include battle formation and special abilities.

In this adventure, you can be a sardine, crab or giant squid.

Let’s fight in the vast ocean, get more genes and aim for the strongest creature in the ocean: THE ACE OF SEAFOOD!

Gameplay
Features

The World is Your Ocean
A large variety of species and locations to discover and conquer.

Collect DNA from enemies you defeat to breed your own fish for your armies. Control the ocean through strategy, battle and seafood.

What's Better Than One Fish? Six Fish!
Build parties of 6 fish/crustaceans.

Each creature comes with unique skills and attacks, build your fishy army by defeating enemies and strategically organising your party members. Command your forces and lead them to victory.

It's a Big Ocean...
Freely explore the open world with your array of sea creatures. Engage in battles with various forms of sea-life in order to capture and take control of the reefs they guard.

Grab Your Seafood Buddies!
Online multiplayer lets you bringing friends to join you in exploring and conquering the ocean. Use voice chat to command and enjoy your own seafood party. Not only is online multiplayer supported, but split screen allows for local play too.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 am

Just a reminder Dragons Crown is coming to PS4 early 2018 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhhlLmN31qA

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Little bit of Cyberpunk 2077 news - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLlUc9WBv7s

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 am

Oh wow, Sega came out with an apology for Valkyria Revolution in a big way. Confirms Valkyria Chronicles 4 in development and FINALLY listening to the fans and going back to the style and gameplay of the original Valkyria Chronicles series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_otGpDTvbM

About

It is the year 1935 EC…

The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.

Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.

Key Features

A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?

The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.

CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!

The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.

Also Tiny Metal delayed to December 21st:

To all of our supporters and fans,

We were looking forward to the release of Tiny Metal on Tuesday, November 21st, however we have chosen to delay the release until December 21st. We, alongside with our publisher UNTIES, want to make the best TINY METAL experience that we could upon launch.

Originally, we had only planned for English and Japanese versions of the game. In the spirit of inclusion, and from a lot of feedback, we're changing it so that the French, Italian, German, and Spanish localizations that we had originally planned as part of the game's first update will instead be available at launch. We also needed to redo the English text due to the poor job that a former team member did with localizing the original Japanese dialogue, which required us to go back and review & re-translate the entire script to be more accurate, stay faithful to the game's story, and remove changes that had been made without permission. This along with potential QA issues that came in parcel with the increased number of languages that we planned to include led us, and our publisher UNTIES, to ultimately decide to delay the game. After having spent over two years on the development of this game, we wanted the game's story to be consistent as well as have it be enjoyed by as many people as possible on day one.

We're also expanding the content of TINY METAL, upping the map count to over 50 skirmish missions now with an estimated time playtime of over 100 hours, all of which is in addition to the campaign/story mode.

From the staff of TINY METAL, we’re sorry for the delay and we thank you for your patience. We'll have Steam pre-ordering and wishlisting up soon (and will let you know with an announcement when that's ready), and we want to give everyone the most polished and accessible version of the game possible. People have been waiting for strong Japanese-developed turn-based war strategy games for more than 9 long years, and you won't have to wait much longer!