Street Fighter

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Re: Street Fighter

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:28 am

Just give us Super Ultra Mega Master HD Street Fighter Alpha EX: The Complete Collection. :upsidedownlol:

Get Arika in on it so we can get every posssible Street Fighter character jam-packed into a single roster. Hell, throw in the Rival Schools and the MVC rosters too while we're at it. NetherRealm Studios did it with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, why can't Capcom do it too?

One can only dream. :cry:
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:44 am

Throw in the Final Fight crew and license Tatsunoko again and you've got a true Armugeneddon :D

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:23 am

orochigeese wrote:Throw in the Final Fight crew and license Tatsunoko again and you've got a true Armugeneddon :D

And I just remembered all the dudes from Slammasters. Imagine what you could have if you added those guys into the mix? That would be even more awesome.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 am

I thought the "Master" part of your title was already referring to Slam Masters :lol:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:33 pm

orochigeese wrote:I thought the "Master" part of your title was already referring to Slam Masters :lol:

It was a joke referencing the Street Fighter Honest Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP30tRrxuBs

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:35 am

ControlFrenzy wrote:I'm still playing as Makato and I changed the button maps of the bumper buttons to better suit Heavy Punch/LP+MP+HP and Heavy Kick/LK+MK+HK. When I press QCFQCF LP, it activates her Super. However, when I press QCFQCF LP+MP+HP it appears to activate either the Super or her "I" Ultra. I'm not sure why this is happening. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure LP isn't bound to the same button as LP+MP+HP and vice versa. I'm using a wired USB 360 controller.

Are you still having problems with this? There are several reasons as to why you aren't getting consistent Ultras with that input. The most obvious being you do not have Ultra stocked and are unaware. Alternatively, you may be holding down one of the face punch buttons on accident. If you have MP pressed down on the face of the controller then press the bumper assigned to all three punches it will only register LP and HP. The best way is to go into training and turn on the inputs to see exactly what the game is registering.

For Makoto players that wish she was in SFV, I recommend trying Alex. I am having the most fun with him and he has the most similar play style I could get comfortable with in this game. I feel like a better option would be going with Laura or Mika, but they don't have the same feel of power with their attacks that Alex does for me, which is closest to the feel I got with Makoto in SF4.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:59 am

ST and I did a training session last week for a couple of hours to see what the problem was. It turned out that I was inputting commands faster than the game can recognize it. I have to be more careful with the directional input. It's hard because the 360 d-pad isn't frickin' awesome like the Playstation d-pad is.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:23 am

Akuma revealed and more characters to come. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_FelA1fDsA

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:56 am

Akuma looks awesome and the Raging Demon is the best I've ever seen it :markout:

Love that second down-ward part of the EX Dragon Punch. And all his air raid moves.

He has like a lion's mane so I hope he is king of the SF jungle and teaches Necalli who the real deity is :goocifer:

I'm glad that we'll be getting some original characters too.

Also really excited about the announcement of Marvel vs. Capcom 4 and its apparent return to the series roots! A glorious return to 2 vs. 2, no assists, and HOPEFULLY (but i'm not banking on this) a 6 button layout but that hasn't been confirmed at all. The series lost me at MvsC2 for the most part (love the roster, hated the craziness and loathed the 4 button layout) and in many ways this appears to be a cross between the old Xmen vs SF/MSH vs. SF with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and even SF vs. Tekken. Very interested as to how this will turn out.

Really great Capcom news all around this week 8-)

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:36 pm

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:43 pm

lol Akuma's taunt is an attack that can combo into his critical art. Dude is so SERIOUS BUSINESS that he doesn't even taunt. Just smacks you in the face.

Also, in regards to the season 2 characters being "new to the street fighter universe", I wonder if that excludes Final Fight and Slam Masters, or if it just means characters that haven't appeared in a Street Fighter title. Because we should probably get a second pure grappler to keep Zangief company, and Haggar, or anyone from Slam Masters would be a great addition.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:56 pm

LOL Lion King Akuma is awesome. Scar is on the run :twisted:

I really want to watch a Akuma/Zangief vs. Lion/Bear match now :lol:

Also love that Akuma's taunt is actually an offensive move that can COMBO into his super! We've had aggressive taunts before (Dudley's rose, Shawn's basketball) but I can't ever recall them being able to combo.

I also really hope we get more grapplers and a command special counter character wouldn't hurt either ;)

I get the feeling that some of the new characters will be from the Capcom archives. They have put up a lot of character bios on their official site over the past year talking about family and friends of existing characters. I think they may dig into these selections. They are technically still new to the universe since they haven't been in a game yet. Aside from the characters who are obviously not in the game (as they are deceased and unlikely to return, Gouken-style), I just don't think Capcom would make the effort to make detailed bios for characters that will be totally ignored. That said, I would love to work for Capcom as a web intern creating the equivalent of e-fed bios for unused SF universe characters :lol:

CRITICAL! Art: Power :lol:
Special Skill:
Sequences:

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:45 pm

If the 5 new peeps are in fact "new to the Street Fighter universe", I guess that means we can completely count out all of the SF1 guys (I still REALLY want to see Joe show up so that Capcom can confirm whether he's Gunloc or not).

Maybe Capcom will be nice and put in Grater from SNSM as a tribute to the soon-to-be-passed Vader?
Spoiler: show
(I'd like to see Black Widow to at least pad the female ranks; spoiler for her ending in RoD)

Maybe we can start speculating who's gonna be in the pack?
I'm gonna hope-guess Lucia Morgan from Final Fight 3.
I'm also gonna hope-guess that they elevate some of the Final Fight series regular-enemies to a nominal SF status, like Two.P/2-Ill (or more of the females).
If this were a new Capcom Fighting All-Stars rather than just Street Fighter, then we could make all kinds of crazy guesses like Phantom or Balbars (Barbarus?) from Knights of the Round, somebody from Magic Sword, the hot female Rogue/Thief from the AD&D Mystara Chronicles, etc.

OR bring in fucking Linn Kurosawa from AvP! :O :O :O

(I'm just rambling, but you see my point)
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:48 pm

I wonder if Street Fighter 2010 counts as "New to the Street Fighter universe" :lol:

I want more ancient powerful types in this to set the stage for Goutetsu's return.

Ideas:

Bison's trainer
Rose's gardener
Gill and Urien's father/creator/proctor at Illuminati U.
Oro's grandpappy who is basically just a skin sack that crawls around.
The two girls from the original Guile stage.
Goutetsu's neighbor who called the cops on him every day for loud training sessions.

"I tell you, this guy's son or whatever is evil. He's eating my livestock and looks like a lion sometimes too."
"Did you try writing them a note?"
"They liquefied my barn with energy beams from their hands."
"Must have been some note."

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Just give me Skullomania from EX+ and I'll be satisfied.

Not like he's canon anyways.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 pm

Another of Bison's "Dolls" seems likely just because it's the sort of thing that they'd do while thumbing their nose at fans. To their credit, the last one (Decapre) was pretty neat so it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, just something of a cop out.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

DTH
Community Member

Postby DTH » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:Just give me Skullomania from EX+ and I'll be satisfied.

Not like he's canon anyways.

There's an encyclopedia site for the Street Fighter V universe where they have posted EX characters with slightly reconnected backstories, I think it's safe to say they are considered canon now.

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130875.html

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 am

Absolute perfection.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 am

Ironically, that happy little hadouken just destroyed a happy little tree :oops: :lol:

P.S. Apparently there was some kind of livestreamed Street Fighter competition tonight that actually took place (in meatspace) in the White House. I ... I can't even believe that. That's how far the FGC has come :markout:

I can't wait until EVO is streamed from the International Space Station :opo:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:55 pm

orochigeese wrote:Ironically, that happy little hadouken just destroyed a happy little tree :oops: :lol:

P.S. Apparently there was some kind of livestreamed Street Fighter competition tonight that actually took place (in meatspace) in the White House. I ... I can't even believe that. That's how far the FGC has come :markout:

I can't wait until EVO is streamed from the International Space Station :opo:

The EVO tournament(s?) have been broadcast live on ESPN this year. "Actual sports" have been broadcast on ESPN2. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:00 am

Downloading the big SFV patch now. Akuma finally out, will pick up the Season 2 pass Friday when I get paid.

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 am

So who are the other 5 characters?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 am

fullMETAL wrote:So who are the other 5 characters?

They haven't been revealed but they're all supposed to be completely new characters to the series.

Some speculation about the new characters - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdFbd9JUQ8Q

fullMETAL

Postby fullMETAL » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 am

Apparently, "Ultra Street Fighter II" was announced for the Switch, which, according to Maximilian dissecting its trailer, will be Super Street Fighter II Turbo (as in, SSF2 Turbo with SSF2 Turbo's balancing, not SF2 HD Remix's balancing, for the FGC guys here) with toggle-able HD Remix graphic-set, already-playable Akuma, playable Evil Ryu & Violent Ken (first appearance of a Capcom-created version of Violent Ken rather than the SNK-created version from SVC Chaos), and allegedly-good netplay. I'm not sure if it'll include the toggle-able soundtrack like the Hyper Anniversary Edition on PS2 did, but I would assume it would.
Essentially, Max believes that, if the feature list is what is being promised, this will be the DEFINITIVE version of the Street Fighter II series.

It will also apparently feature a toggle-able (that seems to be the keyword in my description of this game) local multiplayer where you can play AGAINST each other normally or WITH each other (a la Dramatic Battle from the Alpha games). I'm also not sure if the Tag Team Multiplayer will extend to the online play, but if it does, this game might possibly have a place at Evo when (not if) people pony up the $60-70 for the Pro controller (or less for the upcoming Hori fight-stick that will come out for this later on) to better play it.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:08 am

Instead of working on SFV like they should be, we're getting a remake of a remake of a remake. Seems good, Capcom.