Street Fighter

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Re: Street Fighter

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:50 am

The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 pm

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Boy that costume sucks. Looks like a Chun-Li alternate.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

DTH
Community Member

Postby DTH » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 pm

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 am

So this weekend there is the CEO (Community Effort Orlando) tournament, which has always been heavily influenced by pro wrestling complete with entrance music and a full ring for the main stage. This happened today.

https://clips.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/ ... StrawBeary

And later on this happened.

https://youtu.be/rc8iOeB3y4U

I lol'd

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:44 am

Loved that :markout:

Spoiler: show
While Xavier Woods vs. Kenny Omega isn't a commonly touted dream match, it's pretty awesome that SF5 was the first place they faced off :D Now I'm hoping for a Cesaro vs. Okada match in KOF XIV :lol:

The combined promo at the end was uplifting and awesome, especially given the context of the tournament 8-)

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Next patch is due July 1 (Friday). What we are getting:
- All character’s Battle Costumes will become available and purchasable.
- New stage variations available and purchasable (Kanzuki Estate day, Waterfall night, Shadaloo Hangar night).
- Cinematic story mode.
- Ibuki.
- Balrog.
- Classic Balrog Stage.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Balrog looks awesome from the videos I've seen. Love the way that he moves and hits. Fluid but fierce. A ton of impact 8-)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm still saddened it looks like I'll be playing Akuma in Tekken 7 before SFV. I've barely touched it since finishing the story modes for everyone.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:37 am

I could have sworn that Goutetsu was hinted at but has Akuma or Gouken been confirmed at all for SF5? I can't recall any confirmation for Gouken or even for Akuma, let alone a release date. Do we really get Birdie before Akuma? :?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:40 am

orochigeese wrote:I could have sworn that Goutetsu was hinted at but has Akuma or Gouken been confirmed at all for SF5? I can't recall any confirmation for Gouken or even for Akuma, let alone a release date. Do we really get Birdie before Akuma? :?

He was never confirmed for the first batch of DLC characters, but I just can't imagine Capcom not including a popular character who is also intricate to the Street Fighter storyline.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:11 pm

I wish they would have released him earlier or at least given some type of general time table for when he'll be ready.

Not that I could play the game anyway but it's really silly to me that there are some characters put in first before others that are way more important. Where's Akuma and Sagat? Is Sagat even confirmed? I know that he got thrown out of Shadaloo for some reason (Bison is uncomfortable with eyepatch erotica) but he'd feel awesome to use in this game.

Also really want Gouken...and his special counters. Counters for everyone on the house!! :lol:

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:36 pm

Is it bad that literally the ONLY characters I would ever care about in SF5 are Chun-Li, Cammy, and Mika (& her tag partner Yamato Nadeshiko)?
(and possibly Poison if she ever got put in)

Also, I still firmly stand by my theory that Gunloc/Lucky Colt in SlamMasters (aka Blade in SF: The Movie: The Game if the bio is to be believed) is Joe from SF1 (they have the same entrance bomber jacket!) and Biff (aka Alexei) in SlamMasters is Alex from SF3/5.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:20 am

fullMETAL wrote:Also, I still firmly stand by my theory that Gunloc/Lucky Colt in SlamMasters (aka Blade in SF: The Movie: The Game if the bio is to be believed) is Joe from SF1 (they have the same entrance bomber jacket!) and Biff (aka Alexei) in SlamMasters is Alex from SF3/5.

My theory is that Street Fighter 2010, the odd NES game, is the "bad ending" to SF2 where Bison wins and everything becomes a post-apocalyptic battle ground :D

(Akuma pulls a "Shockmaster" and Raging Demons into that giant bell on Bison's stage, knocking himself out. Bison shrugs)

fullMETAL wrote:Is it bad that literally the ONLY characters I would ever care about in SF5 are Chun-Li, Cammy, and Mika (& her tag partner Yamato Nadeshiko)?

Bad? Hardly. EVIL FOR NOT CARING ABOUT KARIN KANZUKI? Marginally :D :lol:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:41 am

Is it bad? No, not really, considering you picked arguably three of the most popular characters in the series, let alone the game.

I haven't touched the game since like the day after I got it after finding out that the game is still pretty barebones and is spearheaded by online play and currency grind mechanics. Getting really sick of that - It's what I do (and what anyone does if they give a crap about the genre) in MMOs, let me do it there and not frickin' every game genre I enjoy playing for once. I logged on to the game a few minutes ago without checking this thread prior to see that Ibuki isn't there yet. Don't even know if I'll care enough to play the new characters or new stages with the update.

I want to be hyped for a fighting games like I used to be.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 pm

orochigeese wrote:Not that I could play the game anyway but it's really silly to me that there are some characters put in first before others that are way more important. Where's Akuma and Sagat?

I'm going to have to do some searching on where I read it (probably on Capcom Unity), but with the main roster and the first wave of DLC they wanted to avoid having too many characters that play similarly. Dissect that as you will, but it isn't hard to look at characters like Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Dan, Sakura, etc. and see how close they can be in playstyle. I believe that Sakura and Akuma will eventually join the cast, they are just too popular not too.

As far as Sagat? Well, Ono just posted this image to his Facebook page.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

daffu wrote:
orochigeese wrote:Not that I could play the game anyway but it's really silly to me that there are some characters put in first before others that are way more important. Where's Akuma and Sagat?

I'm going to have to do some searching on where I read it (probably on Capcom Unity), but with the main roster and the first wave of DLC they wanted to avoid having too many characters that play similarly. Dissect that as you will, but it isn't hard to look at characters like Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Dan, Sakura, etc. and see how close they can be in playstyle. I believe that Sakura and Akuma will eventually join the cast, they are just too popular not too.

Ahh okay, well, I give them credit for at least having a vision/strategy for their character release. I can't fault them on that. I just feel like Sagat has evolved so differently from the others even though he also throws fireballs and has an uppercut. But having the majority of characters have the same inputs and style of moves at the initial release doesn't really speak well for variety. It does make sense. I have to withdraw some of my criticism cause that is a good point.

daffu wrote:As far as Sagat? Well, Ono just posted this image to his Facebook page.

Spoiler: show

Confirmed: Drunk Blanka? :lol:

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:02 pm

orochigeese wrote:
fullMETAL wrote:Is it bad that literally the ONLY characters I would ever care about in SF5 are Chun-Li, Cammy, and Mika (& her tag partner Yamato Nadeshiko)?

Bad? Hardly. EVIL FOR NOT CARING ABOUT KARIN KANZUKI? Marginally :D :lol:

In a real-talk explanation, part of why I don't care about Karin, or any of the other female characters in the game as a whole, generally involves their git-gud control schemes (it's why I WANTED to be able to play as Viper in 4, but was horrible at reliably doing her seemingly SNK-style move motions), whereas I've been playing as and lusting over Chunners (who is probably -- and seriously and sincerely -- THE actual most important and impactful video game character to me in my ENTIRE LIFE), Cammers, and Meekers for more than 2 decades now, and I always honestly thought Karin was a haughty bitch back in A3 (ojou types tend to be that way with very few exceptions; thanks, Obama Japan).

Laura, Ibuki, Elena, and Juri don't appeal to me (at least visually, which is kinda important to me in selecting characters to play as) specifically due to them being barefooted (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE their outfits otherwise).

And I would only play as the males for completion's sake, or in the case of Guile, trying to git gud for any possible tournaments in the unlikely event that I try to enter one.
Or in the case of Ken and Ryu, if I just want to win matches, period.
(I'll be honest, the only game I'm actually GOOD as Chun-Li in is MvC3, and even there, I'm a spastic button-masher with her)
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:37 am

fullMETAL wrote:In a real-talk explanation, part of why I don't care about Karin, or any of the other female characters in the game as a whole, generally involves their git-gud control schemeI always honestly thought Karin was a haughty bitch back in A3 (ojou types tend to be that way with very few exceptions

I loved her attitude in A3. She seems to have softened her edge a little in SF5 but I accept that since she's more mature now. I generally really like those arrogant female characters who are right on the line of bitch and evil.

And I mean, the girl's family has their own beach!! :lol:

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/28/the-kanzuki-private-beach-stage-and-karins-summer-garb-new-street-fighter-v-images-revealed/

fullMETAL wrote:Laura, Ibuki, Elena, and Juri don't appeal to me (at least visually, which is kinda important to me in selecting characters to play as) specifically due to them being barefooted (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE their outfits otherwise).

Ibuki always felt way too "female ninja girl WHEEEE" to me and I didn't like her moves. I never got into Elena cause I get bored of fighters who only have one form of striking. (Balrog being the exception, but only in later games, cause of the impact of his hits). Juri never did a thing for me. I chose her like 2 times in SF4 and felt no emotions. I haven't played SF5 enough to have major opinions of Laura but I'm generally positive about her play style.

fullMETAL wrote:(I'll be honest, the only game I'm actually GOOD as Chun-Li in is MvC3, and even there, I'm a spastic button-masher with her)

I think you're probably in good company there in regards to button mashing in that game :lol:

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Laura is kinda like Blanka, without all the face chomping and macho grunting. Instead you have sexy swaying and flirty taunting.

I'm currently downloading an 8GB for SFV now. That's frickin' massive. That can't just be Ibuki, Balrog, and the new stage altogether. There has to be fixes thrown in on top of that.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:Laura is kinda like Blanka, without all the face chomping and macho grunting. Instead you have sexy swaying and flirty taunting.

I'm currently downloading an 8GB for SFV now. That's frickin' massive. That can't just be Ibuki, Balrog, and the new stage altogether. There has to be fixes thrown in on top of that.

The patch is so big because a story cinematic DLC has been thrown in for free.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Nth wrote:
ControlFrenzy wrote:Laura is kinda like Blanka, without all the face chomping and macho grunting. Instead you have sexy swaying and flirty taunting.

The patch is so big because a story cinematic DLC has been thrown in for free.

Ooh, that could be fun. I was really really disappointed in the barebones story mode we were presented with before.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:39 am

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:47 am

Now this is exactly what I had been hoping for. Ever since Mortal Kombat 9 and X set the new standard for fighting game story modes I had certainly expected Capcom to follow suit with SFV, so imagine my disappointment when we got those laughable vignettes. This could be something that could actually get me to dust off the game.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 am

Over the last few days I've only heard good things about the story mode from my friend who is more into SF than me.

I tried loading up SF5 this weekend but it wouldn't run on my computer...as usual. Sigh. Maybe in August I'll get a new computer. I may have a chance to check out story mode on a friend's computer in 2 weeks :lol: