Street Fighter

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Re: Street Fighter

Postby orochigeese » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Wonderland wrote:geeeese did you try any of the controller emulator program thingies? you can pretty much use any controller with them i think.... x360ce or motionjoy or others.

I once tried them last year and almost got a virus downloading X360ce or one of the others :lol:

C-Drive wrote:
orochigeese wrote:A few months ago I bought a Hori PS4 pad just to use with this but it's not the right input.

Does that pad not have a switch on the bottom of it to go from PS4 > PS3 or PS4 > PS3 > PC? If it's a fighting commander, it should. Put it in PS3 mode if there's no PC option, otherwise put it in PC mode. I have no problems with my Japan PS4 Fighting Commander (with no movable d-pad) on PC. But you should have an issue with a fighting commander 3 or fighting commander 4 (the ones with movable d-pads) on PC.

The pad does have PS4-PS3 switch but it doesn't seem to work with SF5. It works fine with my other Steam games and also the PS2 emulator (well, aside from not having an analog stick for FPR taunts :lol: ) but it doesn't work for SF5. I tried all of the different settings. "I have the HORI Fighting Commander 4 Controller for PlayStation 4/3."

Would love to use this pad for SF5. I'm sure Capcom will eventually let me do so.

Meanwhile, my comp barely runs SF5 anyway so it's kind of a moot point :oops:

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 am

god damn it geese. x360ce has their legit primary repository on github, over here. it's what i used to get my hori fightstick to work with SF5 (oh btw i got SF5 and love it now). i use DS3 tool to use my ps3 controller with any pc games, also works like a charm. but anyway, guess it might be too late for those. who knows though, might still come in handy, especially if you really don't like the xbox controller (i'm with you on that) and could possibly return it once you try these, or sell it, or burn it with fire until it dies

took me about 3 hours in practice mode against ai until it finally "clicked", and i got the rythms and what makes street fighter what it is. now it'll only take ten years to git gud. so i won't. but i've enjoyed my time spent with ryu in practice, and clearing survival on easy, and getting to 3 away from clearing it on medium but can't yet (actually ryu usually beats me at 26, but i got past him once maybe twice only to get fucked by zangief next, or nash after that).
Last edited by Wonderland on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:31 am

I think motionjoy was the one distributing viruses.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:59 am

C-Drive wrote:I think motionjoy was the one distributing viruses.

That sounds very familiar. Too much joyful motion in the ocean :goose:

Wonderland wrote:god damn it geese. x360ce has their legit primary repository on github, over here. it's what i used to get my hori fightstick to work with SF5 (oh btw i got SF5 and love it now). i use DS3 tool to use my ps3 controller with any pc games, also works like a charm. but anyway, guess it might be too late for those. who knows though, might still come in handy, especially if you really don't like the xbox controller (i'm with you on that) and could possibly return it once you try these, or sell it, or burn it with fire until it dies

I downloaded it...then saw that I already had it on my computer the whole time :lol: :lol:

I'm such a boober.

I downloaded it and remapped the controller. The controller responded in the X360ce program but isn't responding in SF5. Should I put the new 360 configuration ini or some other file in a Steam menu to make it work?

Wonderland wrote:took me about 3 hours in practice mode against ai until it finally "clicked", and i got the rythms and what makes street fighter what it is. now it'll only take ten years to git gud. so i won't. but i've enjoyed my time spent with ryu in practice, and clearing survival on easy, and getting to 3 away from clearing it on medium but can't yet (actually ryu usually beats me at 26, but i got past him once maybe twice only to get fucked by zangief next, or nash after that).

Ryu fells really smooth to use in this. I didn't like him in SF4, it was the first game I feel like I couldn't use Ryu, Ken, or Akuma. But I really like Ryu in SF5.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:09 am

for x360ce, you gotta put the files in the folder where the executable is for each game you wanna use it (whereas ds3 tool isn't like that). you'll know it's working if you hear a system beep when the game launches. also for sf5, there's like a decoy .exe somewhere which isn't the right one, i think the actual one should be in the bin folder perhaps? so you drop the x360ce .exe with whatever else is there (maybe nothing else?) there and that should do it

whatever makes a character feel playable or not musta been what influenced my not getting too into sf4, since ryu was the only one i really tried. glad 5 is better!

kokushishin
Community Member

Postby kokushishin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:50 am

I like a large roster but there's diminishing returns, especially at the current pace where it would probably take 5+ years.

Haven't done much more than update the firmware and do some training mode. Even with the online issues and all the next few weeks are going to be rather busy.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:46 am

Wonderland wrote:for x360ce, you gotta put the files in the folder where the executable is for each game you wanna use it (whereas ds3 tool isn't like that). you'll know it's working if you hear a system beep when the game launches. also for sf5, there's like a decoy .exe somewhere which isn't the right one, i think the actual one should be in the bin folder perhaps? so you drop the x360ce .exe with whatever else is there (maybe nothing else?) there and that should do it

Much like my anti-virus has done with PS2 Save Converter and other programs, it has rejected x360ce :facepalm: Granted, my old computer can barely run SF5 as it is. But still, it kind of sucked to get excited about using my Hori pad and spend around an hour of time (including your and C-Drive's time too) trying to get this working, only for my anti-virus to say "UNCLEAN :angrymob: " and burn everything related to the x360ce program. Fun!

To un-reject it, I have to tiddle around with some A-V program specs that I just don't have the energy for :oops:

At this point my computer is living in a Panopticon. :?

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

orochigeese wrote:
Wonderland wrote:for x360ce, you gotta put the files in the folder where the executable is for each game you wanna use it (whereas ds3 tool isn't like that). you'll know it's working if you hear a system beep when the game launches. also for sf5, there's like a decoy .exe somewhere which isn't the right one, i think the actual one should be in the bin folder perhaps? so you drop the x360ce .exe with whatever else is there (maybe nothing else?) there and that should do it

Much like my anti-virus has done with PS2 Save Converter and other programs, it has rejected x360ce :facepalm: Granted, my old computer can barely run SF5 as it is. But still, it kind of sucked to get excited about using my Hori pad and spend around an hour of time (including your and C-Drive's time too) trying to get this working, only for my anti-virus to say "UNCLEAN :angrymob: " and burn everything related to the x360ce program. Fun!

To un-reject it, I have to tiddle around with some A-V program specs that I just don't have the energy for :oops:

At this point my computer is living in a Panopticon. :?

I got so sick of dealing with PC's in this regard that now I will generally buy a console version of a game over the PC version. Although last night I finally did build myself a $2000+ gaming rig on NCIX and ordered it, but mainly because my current PC is close to being 7 or 8 years old and there are actually some PC exclusive games coming that I am interested in.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:27 pm

The first thing I'm gonna do if/when I get any version of SFV (after watching the intro, of course) is to practice the hell out of Chunners and Mika, so that I can main them (especially Mika; I'm already pretty decent with Chun-Li to start with after spazzing out with her in MvC3).

From any of you who've actually gotten a handle on Mika, does she play like her Alpha3 version or does she play like MvC3 She-Hulk?
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:45 am

I've had both Mortal Kombat XL and SFV for a few days now. Haven't had time to play either one yet. I have a couple weeks vacation coming up starting this Friday so I should have lots of time to learn. Been watching plenty of matches of both games on youtube though, it's even got me wanting to break out MK9 again.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Nth wrote:I got so sick of dealing with PC's in this regard that now I will generally buy a console version of a game over the PC version. Although last night I finally did build myself a $2000+ gaming rig on NCIX and ordered it, but mainly because my current PC is close to being 7 or 8 years old and there are actually some PC exclusive games coming that I am interested in.

That's one of the reasons I've traditionally done 75% of my gaming on consoles (with the 25% being PC exclusive graphic adventures). But due to a variety of reasons, I have passed on buying a new console for now and am planning on being a PC gamer with Steam as my main service. That being said, I'm definitely running up against some of the issues that made me a console gamer to begin with. Things like PC programs going rogue and also companies not putting full support into the Steam versions definitely annoy me. But I could barely play the game on my laptop anyway.

Congrats on the new PC and I'm glad you'll have time to play SF5 soon 8-)

Hopefully one day I'll have a smooth running SF5, and both Akuma and Gouken will be released in it, and you and I can revisit in SF5 our excellent SF4 "Akuma vs. Gouken" series :D

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:50 pm

orochigeese wrote:
Nth wrote:I got so sick of dealing with PC's in this regard that now I will generally buy a console version of a game over the PC version. Although last night I finally did build myself a $2000+ gaming rig on NCIX and ordered it, but mainly because my current PC is close to being 7 or 8 years old and there are actually some PC exclusive games coming that I am interested in.

That's one of the reasons I've traditionally done 75% of my gaming on consoles (with the 25% being PC exclusive graphic adventures). But due to a variety of reasons, I have passed on buying a new console for now and am planning on being a PC gamer with Steam as my main service. That being said, I'm definitely running up against some of the issues that made me a console gamer to begin with. Things like PC programs going rogue and also companies not putting full support into the Steam versions definitely annoy me. But I could barely play the game on my laptop anyway.

Congrats on the new PC and I'm glad you'll have time to play SF5 soon 8-)

Hopefully one day I'll have a smooth running SF5, and both Akuma and Gouken will be released in it, and you and I can revisit in SF5 our excellent SF4 "Akuma vs. Gouken" series :D

Yes I remember that. And I need to take revenge on Abel as well.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 pm

I hope Abel returns in SF5, especially with so many other grapplers for him to face.

Our Abel/Akuma matches were awesome :D

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:37 pm

FYI the March update lands this week in two parts. On Monday we get the game update: Challenges, which includes tutorials and trials, bug fixes, eight player lobbies, and ranked rematch (if both players choose yes then ranked fights can be tournament standard 2/3 matches). On Wednesday the shop opens along with Alex becoming available.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:34 am

Looking forward to the Challenges and also using Alex. Good timing for this patch too as i'll have some SF5 time soon 8-)

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:58 am

If you want to level up your game go into the challenges and watch the demonstration videos. No joke, these are very well done. The trials are full of practical combos complete with videos of them in action so you know what you have to do. The training aspect of SFV is miles ahead of SFIV. Capcom seems to finally be catching up to the training modes in other games like Skullgirls and Killer Instinct.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:17 am

^that's awesome to hear

Actually looking forward to it
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:35 am

That's great to hear should I eventually pick this game up. I was pretty hyped for it when it announced, but was devastated to hear that the game was very bare-bones. The costume DLC has me even more excited to play as Mika - it's totally nuts, but not unlike Japanese and Mexican wrestling to do it.

Karin intro because the author derped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SYKZI_7bRU

Rest of the roster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfuudEoJHpk
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:47 am

ZANGIEF IS MACHO MAN I LOVE THIS!!!

DTH
Community Member

Postby DTH » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

This photoshop looks a billion times better than what Capcom shat out.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:41 am

daffu wrote:If you want to level up your game go into the challenges and watch the demonstration videos. No joke, these are very well done. The trials are full of practical combos complete with videos of them in action so you know what you have to do. The training aspect of SFV is miles ahead of SFIV. Capcom seems to finally be catching up to the training modes in other games like Skullgirls and Killer Instinct.

YES! I'm so happy to hear that Challenges mode is improved and with actual demonstration videos to gauge timing. That's EXCELLENT news. I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in Training mode and Practice mode this weekend 8-)

daffu wrote:ZANGIEF IS MACHO MAN I LOVE THIS!!!

I love so many of the new costumes! Zangief's is especially a nice touch. Nash and Cammy both look awesome. Karin STILL looks awesome! Bison looks really cool. A lot of other cool ones too, like Vega.

kokushishin
Community Member

Postby kokushishin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:30 am

I can see the bandanna and all being Savage, but tyedye is totally Superstar Billy Graham.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:42 am

The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

greatmuta2
Fan of Pineapples on Pizza

Postby greatmuta2 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:30 pm

I would round that attire to being coincidence but the green bow seals it.

daffu
Community Member

Postby daffu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:43 am

Anyone wanna play?