Street Fighter

Nth
Community Member

Re: Street Fighter

Postby Nth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:53 pm

ControlFrenzy wrote:Instead of working on SFV like they should be, we're getting a remake of a remake of a remake. Seems good, Capcom.

Is that one even coming to the other systems or is it Switch exclusive?

CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 am

Nth wrote:
ControlFrenzy wrote:Instead of working on SFV like they should be, we're getting a remake of a remake of a remake. Seems good, Capcom.

Is that one even coming to the other systems or is it Switch exclusive?

I doubt it'll stay Switch exclusive. Capcom would be stupid not to milk the Switch and then release it cross-platform.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

NSL
Community Member

Postby NSL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Kolin is the newest character in Street Fighter V. She's got some icy attacks and counter grabs down pat. She'll be available on February 28th.

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:20 pm

Those special counter grabs and dashing parry move are the things my fighting heart are made of :P :goose:

http://shoryuken.com/2017/02/09/learn-more-about-kolins-past-and-her-illuminati-powers-in-street-fighter-v/

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm sorry but.....

Spoiler: show
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 pm

So, Eminem from story mode (aka "Ed") was "accidentally" revealed as the next DLC character.

Probably getting a trailer here soon.

Could be interesting, as he uses Psycho Power and was apparently trained by Balrog.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:47 pm

I thought his involvement in the story was pretty cool and teasing something bigger.

I really wonder how he will fight and what his motivations are. It would be cool if he was kind of an evil rogue, not really loyal to Bison/Shadaloo and not connected to Illuminati.

He seemed like Balrog's handler, in that he was either protecting Balrog or keeping an eye on him. I don't know what that dynamic is but it was cool that Balrog had a friend :lol:

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 am

I'm a masochist I guess.

I bought the season 1 pass at half price (the game itself is also half price at $20 on PSN this week, fyi).

This despite it not really being my favorite game. I figure that as something of a fighting game collector I might as well get the entire roster, though I'm not buying into season 2 until it likewise goes on sale.

That said, I am really looking forward to trying out these additional characters, particularly Alex, Balrog, Juri, and Urien.
ImageImage

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sun May 07, 2017 2:00 am

ImageImage

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sun May 07, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah I don't get that, they had a great simple character design, then they turn it into steroid Shadoloo ass. SFV should just be some over-the-top 80s wrestling game. Everybody roided up.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm

If there are fellow olds who remember the "Sheng Long" EGM prank from the 90's, this is a COSMIC mark-out :markout:

http://shoryuken.com/2017/10/19/x-kira- ... ttle-mode/

"“And at Extra Battle, also we can count the presence of a character that Electronic Gaming Monthly created on April 1st of 1991. Yes, I’m talking about Sheng Long. He’ll be at eventual moments of Extra Battle, present as an overpowered “Boss.” He then tweeted, “The Sheng Long Event is crazy. It promises 1 Million Fight Money if you win, but it’s a lie. There’s no way you can beat him. He will always get up when defeated."

I remember being at an arcade when someone brought that particular EGM in. People lost their minds seeing "Sheng Long" and trying to do this. SF fervor was already at a high and people trying to go 10 rounds against Bison without being hit or hitting him was something that was became the #1 priority. (going one round without contact was basically impossible against SF2 Bison). EGM totally nailed people (myself included) with this.

Sheng Long HO-AXE turned into an actual game feature in the same year FP:HD turned into FPW :D