Steam Games

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Steam Games

Postby fullbug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm sure a few others here play other games on Steam besides World, if so what are they, or any suggestions on some good ones? I have 20.00 bucks just sitting in my steam account, figure I might as well spend it on some game, but no idea what....Something multi-player might be fun, if others from here play it too....

DM_PSX
Community Member

Re: Steam Games

Postby DM_PSX » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom, Quake 1. These are simple pick up and play classics. I spent years modding Doom 2. They have a nice feel to them, and never really get old.

Skyrim. One of my favourite games of all time. I've spent over 2000 hours in it over the years. It's a big, anything goes virtual fantasy world you can just go live in and do whatever you want. You can spend years studying the history and lore of the world.

The Witcher. Open world RPG with a cool world and main character. Witcher 2 is on sale for 3$ this week.

Dragon Age Origins: When it goes on sale for cheap, one of the best story driven RPGs ever.

Divinity Original Sin: A classic, turn based, very open ended RPG. Comes very close to playing actual Dungeons and Dragons on PC.

Double Dragon Neon: A very nice throwback side scrolling beat em up.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 pm

I tend only to buy PC exclusives on steam, and love strategy games.

I'd recommend any game in the Total War series, even the original Shogun and Medieval are still fun.

The Shadowrun Returns collection if you're into RPG's and Cyberpunk. Think Blade Runner meets Lord of the Rings.

The Dawn of War series if you're into Warhammer 40k. The multiplayer of the original game still holds up over II and III. Soulstorm I believe would be the version that has all the races combined in it.

FTL and Bomber Crew, cheap addictive strategy games about managing a crew and their flying machines while trying to complete quest objectives.

Cossacks 3, if you're a fan of the RTS games.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 pm

DM_PSX wrote:Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom, Quake 1. These are simple pick up and play classics. I spent years modding Doom 2. They have a nice feel to them, and never really get old.

Skyrim. One of my favourite games of all time.

What about Doom 3? I see its only 6.49, and looks pretty cool....
I wasn't able to find Skyrim, just the script extender for it.....

DM_PSX
Community Member

Postby DM_PSX » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:24 pm

fullbug wrote:
DM_PSX wrote:Doom 1, Doom 2, Final Doom, Quake 1. These are simple pick up and play classics. I spent years modding Doom 2. They have a nice feel to them, and never really get old.

Skyrim. One of my favourite games of all time.

What about Doom 3? I see its only 6.49, and looks pretty cool....
I wasn't able to find Skyrim, just the script extender for it.....

Doom 3 is different. I have both versions of it but haven't played it much. The tone and pace is way different.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Doom 3 is a departure from the series. It's slow and methodically paced, lower enemy count and heavy emphasis on story and atmosphere.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Nth wrote:I tend only to buy PC exclusives on steam, and love strategy games.

I'd recommend any game in the Total War series, even the original Shogun and Medieval are still fun.

The Shadowrun Returns collection if you're into RPG's and Cyberpunk. Think Blade Runner meets Lord of the Rings.

The Dawn of War series if you're into Warhammer 40k. The multiplayer of the original game still holds up over II and III. Soulstorm I believe would be the version that has all the races combined in it.

FTL and Bomber Crew, cheap addictive strategy games about managing a crew and their flying machines while trying to complete quest objectives.

Cossacks 3, if you're a fan of the RTS games.

Thanx, will give all of those a look-see.... 8-)

Chopper Dave
Community Member

Postby Chopper Dave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:07 pm

I'll suggest Enter The Gungeon. If you like roguelites at all or are looking for a challenge, this game is great for that, and not too expensive either. It got a big update earlier this year, and another one is planned to come out down the line. It's my favorite game of the last couple of years (until World came out, of course :D ).
Interesting stuff. Stay tuned for more...TALES. OF. INTEREST!!!
This signature was brought to you by...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7tac9h8Gw

BakFu888

Postby BakFu888 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am

Chopper Dave wrote:I'll suggest Enter The Gungeon. If you like roguelites at all or are looking for a challenge, this game is great for that, and not too expensive either. It got a big update earlier this year, and another one is planned to come out down the line. It's my favorite game of the last couple of years (until World came out, of course :D ).

I can support this, picked it up for PS4, it's a lot of fun! Definitely a good path for those tired of having their hands held and being walked through a pile of quick time events and super easy boss fights. Good twitch stuff reminiscent of old school, bullet hell arcade action, and with a good sense of humor to boot.

If you like this game, I'd suggest Spelunky and Super Meat Boy as well!

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Has anyone tried 'Stick Fight: The Game'? Looks kinda fun, and its cheap.....
http://store.steampowered.com/app/67494 ... _The_Game/

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:10 pm

fullbug, what kind of games do you prefer?
I have over 650 games on Steam so surely I can recommend a game or two.
If you have 20 bucks, I suggest splitting them between several games. There are fantastic indie games out there that only cost a few bucks.
I would also recommend waiting for a sale which should start.... oh wait, it just started!!!

BTW, you can but games for Steam in other stores where games can be found cheaper.
I'd check out isthereanydeal.com for stores and price history for each game and also r/gamedeals on Reddit.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:46 pm

sonny615 wrote:fullbug, what kind of games do you prefer?
I have over 650 games on Steam so surely I can recommend a game or two.
If you have 20 bucks, I suggest splitting them between several games. There are fantastic indie games out there that only cost a few bucks.

I like platform games, sim games, arcade, that kinda thing I guess.... :lol:
I dont have amazing graphic abilities on my computer, so it cannot be anything really new I would think....

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Could always scope the Sega Classics. Stuff like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, and the occasional Phantasy Star from Genesis. They all connect to one launch UI (which is actually kinda graphic heavy but I think you can nuke it to much lower) once they're in inventory.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Severla 2.0 wrote:Could always scope the Sega Classics. Stuff like Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, and the occasional Phantasy Star from Genesis. They all connect to one launch UI (which is actually kinda graphic heavy but I think you can nuke it to much lower) once they're in inventory.

Cool, will look into doing that.... 8-)

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 am

In that case I totally recommend Spelunky. It's one of the best platformers out there, it won't be heavy on your computer and it's 90% off right now.

I also recommend getting Broforce, especially if you have someone to play with in local co-op.
It's not on sale right now but you can get it for like $7 on G2A.
The game is basically a love letter to the old Contra games and to action movies of the past. The characters you play are basically the action movies characters (Terminator, Rambo, etc.).

As for Sim games go, I'd say Football Manager is the best one out there but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Other things that pop into my head are City Skylines and Prison Architect.

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:27 am

DUSK, it's not quite out yet, but you get Episode 1 when you Pre-Order.

It's a really great Neo-Retro Hillbilly Horror FPS.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/519860/DUSK/

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Blood for the Blood God pack available for Warhammer Total War II now, free if you already have it for the first game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZ1WVjAjYQ

EDIT: Oops, wrong games thread.