Why All-Star Pro Wrestling 3 retains the best wrestling game title [video proofs]

Rikidozan

Why All-Star Pro Wrestling 3 retains the best wrestling game title [video proofs]

Postby Rikidozan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:33 pm

1p vs CPU match (I recommend watching whole playlist): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYAczOiYhDE

CPU vs CPU match: https://youtu.be/c8gn7uNv9OM?t=58m20s

Carlzilla
Community Member

Re: Why All-Star Pro Wrestling 3 retains the best wrestling game title [video proofs]

Postby Carlzilla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 pm

It's too random for me. It's a cool game with lots of little things that make it really unique, but the engine is half-garbage...and the creation is the drizzling shits.

Rikidozan

Re: Why All-Star Pro Wrestling 3 retains the best wrestling game title [video proofs]

Postby Rikidozan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:17 am

Carlzilla wrote:It's too random for me. It's a cool game with lots of little things that make it really unique, but the engine is half-garbage...and the creation is the drizzling shits.

Then you don't know how to play it properly. The exact same words can apply to FPW games if you think about it. :explode:

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 am

I guess I don't know how to play it properly...which is fine by me, because it's really not something I find enjoyable enough to merit that sort of effort.

In the end, by my standards, it's a mediocre game at best.

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:20 am

Looks interesting, but wouldn't give me real views of it unless I played it.......

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 am

Carlzilla wrote:I guess I don't know how to play it properly...which is fine by me, because it's really not something I find enjoyable enough to merit that sort of effort.

In the end, by my standards, it's a mediocre game at best.

Gotta agree, and I do own it. The current 2K games are even better than it. The random pins and button mashing killed it for me as well the the useless create a wrestler, small roster and lack of venues.

Rikidozan

Postby Rikidozan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 am

Nth wrote:Gotta agree, and I do own it. The current 2K games are even better than it. The random pins and button mashing killed it for me as well the the useless create a wrestler, small roster and lack of venues.

Actually 2K games better in every department except CPU vs CPU matches. 2K18 is probably the most versatile and functional pro wrestling game of all times in terms of gameplay and creations.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 pm

I guess I'm stupid but the CPU vs. CPU video "proving" that ASPW3 is the best wrestling game appears to be a video of KOC 2, at least that's what it says in the title.

Rikidozan

Postby Rikidozan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Old Baby wrote:I guess I'm stupid but the CPU vs. CPU video "proving" that ASPW3 is the best wrestling game appears to be a video of KOC 2, at least that's what it says in the title.

You made it further than most. You the one who at least clicked the links, but was unable to press the play button. Instead of just spouting ignorant opinions you wanted to be educated and reasonable person for a brief moment, but failed. Nice try anyway ;)

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:42 am

Rikidozan wrote:
Old Baby wrote:I guess I'm stupid but the CPU vs. CPU video "proving" that ASPW3 is the best wrestling game appears to be a video of KOC 2, at least that's what it says in the title.

You made it further than most. You the one who at least clicked the links, but was unable to press the play button. Instead of just spouting ignorant opinions you wanted to be educated and reasonable person for a brief moment, but failed. Nice try anyway ;)

Let me educate you on what actually happened here, dickface.

Having never played ASPW3, I clicked on your link to see for myself to see what I was missing, and to understand why you thought it was the best wrestling game. I arrived at a video titled KOC2, not ASPW3. The video immediately started playing a match between Jushin Liger and what appears to be Kensuke Sasaki (I skipped the intros, so I might be wrong about that). Having never played KOC2 either, I wondered if the video title was deceiving or if you had linked the wrong video. Confused, I came back to this thread to call your attention to it, feeling like I was missing something but not sure what, hoping you could explain. Instead of explaining like a decent person, you decided to play the role of the cocky winking douchebag guy who we've seen so many times on this forum under an assortment of various screen names.

So anyway, thanks for nothing dickface. Enjoy playing cocky winking douchebag guy for the rest of your short stay, and I'll be sure not to waste any more of my time responding to you as if you might actually have the potential to be someone worth knowing.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:01 am

I watched the videos, so don't be condescending to me. Leave that shit at the door or go fuck yourself.

Looks good in the videos except the strikes are shit and Idk what happened outside in the Misawa/Nagata match, but a ddt to the floor from Misawa busted open Nagata and also reset the outside count.

Decent looking videos and gameplay, just wasn't that fun when I actually played it years ago.

Lastly, the fact you have video to justify as "proof" does nothing. It's purely opinion based at this point and you haven't attempted to bring up any points or counter points to justify your stance.

You basically say, "it's the best game because I say so, and if you're too dumb to watch the videos you're wrong."

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:24 am

Wow, you sure know how to make friends don't you Rikidozan? :roll: :sarcasm:

IamAres
Community Member

Postby IamAres » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 am

I own it, and it looks great for its time. It was probably the best-LOOKING wresting game ever at the time it came out. I mean, Vader's fat shakes when he moves fast enough. It was also probably the first wrestling game where you could target the referee to the extent you could here, which was hilarious when I first realized it. You could actually completely destroy the referee to the point where the match would get called off, which was neat. You also had to hold the button for pins and submissions, which was sort of a good/bad thing...no frantically mashing the "let go" button because you accidentally did a submission move when you didn't mean to, but also finally hitting your big shit and not pinning because you didn't realize you had to hold the button on that move.

Other than that, though, it was a beast to actually play. As far as anyone I knew of had figured out, you pretty much button mashed to win grapples, button mashed to counter, button mashed to get up...you could only have about a match or so before getting massive hand cramps. Other than it's completely fantastic presentation, it's really not a very good game.

And yeah, homie, don't get all condescending around here. Most of us do know what we're talking about. And even if someone doesn't, this community ain't about that kind of shit.
Also slightly there's something happy, so enjoy it!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:04 am

IamAres wrote:I own it, and it looks great for its time. It was probably the best-LOOKING wresting game ever at the time it came out. I mean, Vader's fat shakes when he moves fast enough. It was also probably the first wrestling game where you could target the referee to the extent you could here, which was hilarious when I first realized it. You could actually completely destroy the referee to the point where the match would get called off, which was neat. You also had to hold the button for pins and submissions, which was sort of a good/bad thing...no frantically mashing the "let go" button because you accidentally did a submission move when you didn't mean to, but also finally hitting your big shit and not pinning because you didn't realize you had to hold the button on that move.

Other than that, though, it was a beast to actually play. As far as anyone I knew of had figured out, you pretty much button mashed to win grapples, button mashed to counter, button mashed to get up...you could only have about a match or so before getting massive hand cramps. Other than it's completely fantastic presentation, it's really not a very good game.

And yeah, homie, don't get all condescending around here. Most of us do know what we're talking about. And even if someone doesn't, this community ain't about that kind of shit.

I could have lived with everything but the button mashing, that killed it for me to the point where I couldn't even finish matches after spending so much effort to just keep my wrestler on his feet.

Rikidozan

Postby Rikidozan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 am

fullbug wrote:Wow, you sure know how to make friends don't you Rikidozan? :roll: :sarcasm:

I didn't do anything unethical illegal or immoral, man. Just pointed out ignorance, hypocrisy of close-minded mentality of previous posters. I guess anything that not Fire Pro Wrestling or KOC franchises considered to be inferior by default without even looking into it. So they are the ones who condescending with their elitist views and blaming me for being honest and objective. They are responding to the tone of the message and not it substance like weak-minded individuals always do. I tried to keep this topic civil, but these guys just can't hold their ignorant subjective opinions and superiority complex in check. I don't hold anything against them, just tried to convey my message and get bum rushed. :?

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Rikidozan wrote:
fullbug wrote:Wow, you sure know how to make friends don't you Rikidozan? :roll: :sarcasm:

I didn't do anything unethical illegal or immoral, man. Just pointed out ignorance, hypocrisy of close-minded mentality of previous posters. I guess anything that not Fire Pro Wrestling or KOC franchises considered to be inferior by default without even looking into it. So they are the ones who condescending with their elitist views and blaming me for being honest and objective. They are responding to the tone of the message and not it substance like weak-minded individuals always do. I tried to keep this topic civil, but these guys just can't hold their ignorant subjective opinions and superiority complex in check. I don't hold anything against them, just tried to convey my message and get bum rushed. :?

OK, dont have time to answer each of your points here, but will say your attitude comes across as total douche bag......Have a nice day......

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Hella douche bag.

No Mercy had the best reversal system. KOC had the best reversals.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Rikidozan wrote:

Thanks for explaining that, dickface. Also, fuck you.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Rikidozan wrote:

If you wanted people to respond to your substance, perhaps you could have softened your tone instead of striking a superior stance. Come on, you know you go on a dedicated Fire Pro forum, you'll get people who feel passionately about the game, and will argue its virtues against those of other series. It's a given, just as if I went on a WWE 2K board and tried to convince everyone that Fire Pro is clearly better. There'd be pushback, and I'd come off as an elitist jerk, and rightfully so. I'm approaching your posts here as if you're genuinely wanting to have a rational conversation. If that be the case, why not drop the air of superiority and just talk things out? Else wise, it comes across that you were looking to rile people up.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Considering that I own and have played ASPW 3 plenty of times...I don't need to watch the fucking videos to disagree with your statement that ASPW3 is the best.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 am

I have a feeling riki here might be an elaborate troll account, his posts are absolutely batshit.

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 am

soak314 wrote:I have a feeling riki here might be an elaborate troll account, his posts are absolutely batshit.

Some people are kinda just... like that. In real life. Not on purpose. lol.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 am

Crash hour is the best wrestling sim eat a dick of you disagree

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 am

Carlzilla wrote:Considering that I own and have played ASPW 3 plenty of times...I don't need to watch the fucking videos to disagree with your statement that ASPW3 is the best.

Same, and I still have it. I've put about two dozen hours into playing it. I think that's enough time to offer a fair judgement of the mechanics and content.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm

The best wrestling game is that one where the background music goes DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOBEEDOODOODOO BUBUBUBUBUBUBBUBUBBUBUBUBU DA DOO DOO DOO DOO DOOBEEDOODOODOO.