If you like emulation, check this out!

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

If you like emulation, check this out!

Postby sonny615 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I want to recommend a really cool software that I discovered a few days ago. It is called Launchbox.
What it does is creating a really nice interface to store your emulator, roms and even PC games (Steam inclluded, although I didn't try it yet) in one place.
The interface is pretty simple to set up, it has a fully customizable Big Box Mode (like Steam's Big Picture) and for every game you add, it automatically downloads all its information, box cover, screen shots, fanart, manual and even sample vids and sounds (again, you can choose what to download and what not).
If you like this stuff, I highly recommend Launchbox. There is a free version with almost all functionality included.
The paid version has the Big Box mode, installation on unlimited PCs and a couple of other small features. I'll test this baby for a few days and if everything works fine, I will definitely support.

There are very good instruction videos and a cool, helpful community.

My (small) layout of PS2 games I own (basic layout, not Big Box):

Check out this Intro vid for a nice overview!
:jarry:

Sooj
Community Member

Re: If you like emulation, check this out!

Postby Sooj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey, that’s neat - cheers, Sonny
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Sooj, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:29 am

I watched a few videos and I really like it. Can you only use controllers with big box mode? And what system requirements would be needed to run PS2 or Dreamcast games?

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:46 am

kikrusher99 wrote:I watched a few videos and I really like it. Can you only use controllers with big box mode? And what system requirements would be needed to run PS2 or Dreamcast games?

Didn't get Big Box yet but based on what I understand, it allows you full controller support without the need to touch a keyboard & mouse but it is possible to also control\play with them.

As far as system requirements, you should check your emulator of choice. Launchbox is basically just an interface.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Anyone try the KOC games with this?

heelsinc
Community Member

Postby heelsinc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Yes you can use controllers launchbox doesn't play the game. It just launches it in a front end so they are all organized together so any questions about playing games you need to check out the actual emulator to see if it will run games.

I've been using launchbox for over a year. It's constantly getting updates literally new betas every few days. So much you can do with it to make your set up awesome. Tons of art and video options. I for sure suggest spending $50 in a lifetime big box license and then also at emumovies so launchbox downloads all the videos and art automatically for you as you import games