retro system HDTV issues (N64 on a RokuTv)

BigDaddyKyler
Community Member

retro system HDTV issues (N64 on a RokuTv)

Postby BigDaddyKyler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 pm

a few months ago I bought a roku smart tv and a nintendo 64 with a few AKI wrestling games unfortuantly due illness I wasnt able to hook everything up and try it out until a couple of weeks ago.

when try connecting through the tv's composite it says no signal, I also tried it with a crt tv still the same message. I also try to use a couple of rf adapters with no luck.

thinking the the systemds video output was bad I just bought another system but got the same responses.

and sadly the "retro" shops around me employees are as useful as a walmart electpetshardwarephoto worker.

any ideas would apprciated.

shame hyperkin cant announce any thing for the 64 for another 3-5yrs if they can..

lariatooo
Community Member

Re: retro system HDTV issues (N64 on a RokuTv)

Postby lariatooo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:04 am

Pardon the simple suggestion. But have you tried running a Q-Tip against the game chips to make sure they're scrubbed up nice and clean? Some of my carts are more temperamental than others (I'm looking at you, Revenge) But if you notice any kind of blink in the screen or distortion with the "input" or "video" at the top corner of the screen when you power the system on, your system is communicating with the TV. It would most likely, in my experience, be that the games are just being stubborn with starting up and could maybe use a brush off. You can also probably look to amazon for an insert cleaner for the system itself. I've had my 64 for over 20 years and my AKI games for 17+ and they all still work. These things are virtually indestructible, so keep the faith my brother. Very glad to hear you're feeling better and I hope this helps. Van Hammer has been pretty mouthy and I think you need to boot up Revenge and shut his ass up.

C-Drive
Web Ninja

Postby C-Drive » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Does the TV have composite (Red/Yellow/White)? Sometimes it's only component input (Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/White) on newer TVs. Some TVs use the same ports for both, and you have to make sure you're in the right ports.
FPWR Save Conversion Kit v1.3 (2016-09-06)
Use this toolkit to easily convert .max and .psu files into the PlayStation Network (PlayStation 3) format, convert saves between regions, or load .max and .psu files into .ps2 files quickly - and more!

DragonZombie
Community Member

Postby DragonZombie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 am

Crt tv's are the best for old retro games. Some lag input will happen on other tvs.

as950651
Single Post Troll

Postby as950651 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:52 am

But have you tried running a Q-Tip against the game chips to make sure they're scrubbed up nice and clean ? ? Some of my carts are more temperamental than others...