Destiny 2

Level
AMBITION Owner

Destiny 2

Postby Level » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm

The Beta started yesterday. Going to check it out today. I was a rabid Destiny player in the original. The game didn't live up to the hype, especially in the beginning, but the shared experiences and friends made was worth it all. Can't wait to do it again.

gurf

Re: Destiny 2

Postby gurf » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Put FPW down to put some time in on it yesterday. Seems to be more of the same which is fine with me. D1 is easily my most played game over the last few years.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:41 pm

gurf wrote:Put FPW down to put some time in on it yesterday. Seems to be more of the same which is fine with me. D1 is easily my most played game over the last few years.

Same here. Looking forward to a better story in this one.

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Can anyone explain this to me?
I don't own a Playstation so I didn't play the first one. I tried the beta and it was ok, nothing exceptional.
I'm not a huge shooter fan but I enjoy games like Overwatch and Titanfall 1 & 2 (all of which seemed more interesting and more unique compared to Destiny 2).

I guess I didn't play enough (or the beta wasn't enough to give an impression) but I am clearly missing something that everyone else seem to get.
So what is it?

Will
Community Member

Postby Will » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm

sonny615 wrote:Can anyone explain this to me?
I don't own a Playstation so I didn't play the first one. I tried the beta and it was ok, nothing exceptional.
I'm not a huge shooter fan but I enjoy games like Overwatch and Titanfall 1 & 2 (all of which seemed more interesting and more unique compared to Destiny 2).

I guess I didn't play enough (or the beta wasn't enough to give an impression) but I am clearly missing something that everyone else seem to get.
So what is it?

To... boil it down to its basics, it's basically Diablo/some aspects of an MMO wrapped around a very tightly-controlling shooter. It's not supposed to play in the competitive shooter or team-based shooter market. It's a loot/grinding game. The main draw is hanging out with friends, grinding, and capping dudes in the head to get some dope loot. Its hook isn't something like mechs in Titanfall or new classes in Overwatch. Its hook is social gameplay. It is a fantastic game to hang out with friends or throw a podcast on and play, just like Diablo, or an MMO.
(omg that's clickable and will take you to SHTCW: a!)
Steam Workshop!

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:39 pm

That actually makes sense.
Understood, thanks a lot!