Games you are playing!

soak314
Community Member

Re: Games you are playing!

Postby soak314 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Into the Breach is lovely. It can feel like a series of procedurally generated chess situations, the game's tactics and design are incredibly tight.

My only complaint is that it can get exhausting to play sometimes. The game expects you to pay it absolute attention, and will severely punish even the slightest lapse of judgement. A lot like FTL in that regard!

jartry
Community Member

Postby jartry » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:39 am

monster hunter update today
i like the game but i think it's way too short
ImageImage

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:09 am

Ni No Kuni 2 is very good. They added a ton of new stuff, the combat is full real time, they took out the lame pokemon stuff, and they added a really convenient/robust quick travel.

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:07 pm

Dead Rising 4, I wasn't sure I wanted to pick it up for fear of the novelty slaughtering waves of thousands of zombies with everything you can think of quickly wearing off. The price was very right ($15), Frank's dialogue is on point, EXOSUITS, and discovering panic rooms has been a lot of fun. I think if I focus and stick exclusively to the story, the game would be a lot of fun, but I keep looking for loot, costumes/costume elements, blueprints, and cannot turn the other cheek when it comes to zombie hordes shambling about, especially when there are vehicles or bladed weapons at hand. Fun game if you can find it for cheap, very cheeky, funny presentation, seems surreal when you're covered in blood, hacking zombies in half with a jazzy rendition of a well known Christmas carol playing softly in the background!

hungerlow
Community Member

Postby hungerlow » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:20 am

Been playing some Subnautica and Ion Maiden as of late. Both games were released this year.

Subnautica is truly great. It's somewhat similar to No Man's Sky, only far less tedious and empty. Ion Maiden is a throwback FPS built on a similar engine used by id Software on games like DOOM and Wolfenstein. It's a fun time to be had.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:15 am

Far Cry 5 arrived today, but I'll likely be a week patching it on my connection speed.

So while I wait for that, I started yet another campaign in Darkest Dungeon after I ended up losing 1/3 of my roster in a week due to the wasting disease from the Crimson Curse. Every time I start a new campaign I discover new strategies. I discovered that the blood vials I find in dungeons carry over into the Hamlet which would have made a huge difference in my last campaign.

I had been throwing them away to make room in the inventory, not knowing I could have been stockpiling them for when I eventually unlock the Crimson Court infection. Characters recuperating in the Hamlet will then automatically consume a blood vial from the stockpile if they start succumbing to the disease which has three different stages from Passive (no affect) to Bloodthirsty (character starts behaving erratically which can lead to both negative and positive buffs and debuffs) and finally Wasting, the character is slowly dying from lack of blood consumption and debuffing all the while. They will eventually die if enough time passes without consuming a blood vile and when a good chunk of your roster gets infected the supplies start dwindling faster than you can get new stock.

And I was 62 weeks into the last campaign. I also discovered some of the difficulty settings give you a time limit to complete all the dungeon quests before the Great Old One that can be briefly be seen in the intro cutscene awakens and game overs the campaign, so I think I was actually playing on a time limit campaign without even knowing it. So it was likely fubar'd either way and I scrapped it; but 62 weeks is the longest I have made it so far.

Theamashoon
Community Member

Postby Theamashoon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:25 am

Been playing Nintendo mainly. Wii U and Switch. I bought a bunch of PS4 games for black Friday that I still haven't opened! My poor neglected PS4. I feel like its the 80s and I'm the same kid in elementary school again. Nintendo got its grip around me. AGHH!! Kinda feels good. Seriously though, Nintendo so far has done an amazing job with their console. Just picked up Splatoon 2 today. Very good game. Cant wait to put some time into it.
Last edited by Theamashoon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theamashoon
Community Member

Postby Theamashoon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am

BakFu888 wrote:Wow. What a treat.

I picked up the Shadow of the Colossus remake a while back, just been playing it over the weekend and finished the game today. I owned this game for the PS2 when it came out, I only got as far as the fifth colossus before someone "borrowed" my copy and I never saw it again. Fast forward a decade, and I get to experience this amazing game for the first time. If you've played the game before, Bluepoint Games KILLED this, they got everything right, the game looks and sounds incredible, and it's totally worth picking up and experiencing again. I know it had great "bones" to begin with (the PS2 game is a classic), but Bluepoint really treated it with reverence and respect, and it shows in the entire package.

I'm not blown away very often anymore, I'm getting jaded, I hate that I'm aware of that but can't seem to change it, I don't often get really excited or moved by much anymore, but this game made me feel like a kid at Christmas again. I could play this game another hundred times and I don't think it would get old. I never do the new game plus thing (BAAAAACKLOG!!! No time...) even though I've always thought it was a good option for games to have, but I will play through SotC at least a few more times, and will likely revisit it every couple of months.

If you've never played the game and have a PS4, treat yourself and pick it up. Barely any dialogue, a big empty, quiet, gorgeous world, amazing musical score, fun fights with the colossi, a pretty amazing story, and definitely different than anything else you're playing right now, this sucker has definitely cemented a top five favourite games position for me. Awesome stuff! :D

I must've beaten the original game at least 20 times back in the day. Still have my PS2 copy I bought day one with the stragety guide. Also played the PS3 remaster a couple more times. Played Ico day one as well, and it was great for its time, but Shadow for sure has aged much better. Ever since I got a Switch, my PS4 has been collecting dust. Buying this remake might cure that.

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

A little bit of ADD action going on right now, but headed back into Forza Horizon 3, cracked into God of War last night :shock: , and playing B/C SSX3! Love hearing Aphrodite Wobble while flying down those mountains again!!! :D

I Really like the latest batch of original xbox B/C games, Panzer Dragoon Orta, SSX3, Jade Empire, Conker's bad fur day reloaded, lots of good stuff. I know it's old stuff, but they hold up pretty well, and they, not unlike me, are low tech and simple, and sometimes I like my games that way! :)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 pm

The set comes one step closer to being complete. Samurai Shodown III now up on PSN.

Also Guns of Icarus just came out today. I have it on PC and just picked it up on PSN (Discount for PS+ users). Team based airship battles where players take on different roles as the crew of an airship and fight other ships while trying to keep your own ship functional, repairing damaged guns and engines and putting out fires. Very hectic battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpIykxm11rU

CAWF_Wrestling
Community Member

Postby CAWF_Wrestling » Tue May 01, 2018 4:15 am

I'm playing God of War and Beyond Two Souls waiting for Detroit to come out. Also about to play Resident Evil Origins Collection to remind myself of my teenage years lol
ALL CAWF TITLE HISTORIES HERE:
https://cawfwrestling.wordpress.com/

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue May 01, 2018 7:17 pm

River City Ransom Underground to get Retrosity update on anniversary.

It's hard to believe that we began working on River City Ransom: Underground five years ago, and the game released a little over a year ago. We wanted to celebrate that milestone by releasing a few "cutting room floor" features that were close to our heart. In addition, we want to give you the update some of you having been waiting far too long for: physical disc rewards. So let's get things started with what's in this update, "Retrosity", available now and as an OST bundle for 50% off!

Retrosity Filters

Nothing complements a retro game nicer than a pair of nostalgia goggles. You'll now find "Retrosity" settings in your game's Graphics settings, which allow you to relive some of your favourite old school palettes and filters. As some astute players noticed, we had most of the palettes in the code already, but couldn't get the filter experience polished in time for launch. We adapted and extended the excellent work of J. Kyle Pittman, and you can read more about the techniques used here. Try them all!

Exploding Barrels

Mysterious barrels are popping up all over River City. The rumour is, these nefarious slush buckets are being delivered late at night from trucks from Merv Enterprises' private landfill. Use them to your advantage for crowd control!

Alexis the Hero

By popular demand, Alexis is now an unlockable hero. This means you can take her through the story campaign as well as in the arena. To accommodate her story challenge, we've added a few moves to balance out her ground game.

Shoulder Ram

Use this sweeping knockdown attack to put distance between you and your foe, and open up juggling opportunities.

Spin Kick / Grapple Kick

Alexis now has a suitable secondary attack to keep enemies at bay sneaking up behind, and which she also employs when grappling.

We're happy to announce that the OST is available for sale starting now, either standalone or as a bundle. Dino Lionetti regales your ears with a classically inspired River City soundtrack. If you missed out on the OST backer rewards, this is a great time to pick this up at a discount.

OST Audio Upgrade

Based on request and feedback, we've added FLAC files to all digital OSTs, meaning if you have the OST from Kickstarter already, or you purchase the OST at a later date, you will receive both MP3 and FLAC versions automatically.

Digital Rewards

All digital rewards (comic, manual, map, wallpaper) should already be in your Steam account. We "soft-launched" these goodies awhile back. You will find them in the "Rewards" folder where Steam installs the game. You can review to this Steam KB article if you need help locating your files. For GOG users, sit tight: we're sending out DLC keys shortly for you to access all of your DLC rewards (digital goodies and in-game unlocks) on GOG.

Physical Rewards (OST and Game Discs)

The game discs are ready to send out to the roughly 350 of you that have been waiting entirely too long for them. We're going to give you time to update your shipping addresses on BackerKit (and an email reminder) before we send these out. We're excited to finally deliver on our promise for these rewards.

That's it, we've made it to the end!

Enjoy the new features, your digital content, and if you've been wanting to play RCRU with a friend, now is a great time to pick it up on sale.

Team RCRU

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Started playing NieR: Automata on a whim.
I immediately hated how the perspective kept changing and the whole "bullet hell" bit but the melee aspect is pretty fun and that first boss battle was pretty epic. It was annoying enough that I wanted to be done with it but the boss battle was fun enough that I want to see what's next. Granted, I was playing at 3am and there is no auto-save so fatigue and crankiness may have also been a factor. Don't know when I'll play again but it's intriguing.

I've downloaded God of War but have yet to play it yet (getting back into Elder Scrolls Online plus my Everybody's Golf habit plus FPW prep-work has my limited playing time pretty well booked) but I think I'll give it a go during this week's off-time. What little I saw before release looked great and it's been one of my favorite franchises since its very first game so I think I'll enjoy it.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue May 01, 2018 10:27 pm

I've been wanting to start God of War, but I feel compelled to go back and play through the entire series first. So now I've got God of War, Uncharted and Tomb Raider series play throughs on the backlog.

EDIT: God of War I and II as well as Chains of Olympus all beaten, just have Ghost of Sparta, Ascension and III to go before the new one.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 am

Square-Enix issues second big fix update for Chrono Trigger on Steam. A final one planned for June.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... er-pc-port

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Been back on the Warcrafts because friends want to raid in Battle for Azeroth. I enjoyed the raiding in Legion, just left because of RNG Legendary bullshit wasnt fun AT ALL.

I've been slowly creeping back into Grim Dawn, as well, because I love that game but tend to enjoy dungeon crawlers in group-play but all my friends hate dungeon crawlers D: (also, if Nth isnt Chthon on the Grim Dawn forum then its weird to see that same avatar lmao).

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri May 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Death Road to Canada now up on PSN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOoB64QuOWA

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Sat May 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Pillars of Eternity has claimed my soul woops

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 am

I just picked up Final Fantasy Theatrhythm or whatever the hell it's called. FF rhythm game. Enjoying the hell out of it so far, but I mean... how can I not, considering all that's in it.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Mon May 21, 2018 7:33 am

Firehawk wrote:I just picked up Final Fantasy Theatrhythm or whatever the hell it's called. FF rhythm game. Enjoying the hell out of it so far, but I mean... how can I not, considering all that's in it.

I love this game :D

At one point I somehow lost a lot of the songs that I had bought though. I had stopped playing it for a while and they were inaccessible when I picked it up again. They still register as being purchased but I just can't download them or use them. So that kind of sucked some of the wind away (damn you, Chupon! :lol: ) from my return to the game. But it's still a really fun game and has a nice Final Fantasy vibe that goes beyond the generic rhythm game. I like that they allow you to choose so many of the characters and have so many songs that you can use. The art style is pretty entertaining too as are the characters pep talk to start each song :lol:

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Elite Dangerous fans may be interested to know Everspace Stellar Edition just launched https://youtu.be/qCslfzS1Qj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPzK4dzVKU

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue May 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Massive new free update adding factions to Rising Storm 2: Vietnam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzL0x3U4ww

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I got my hands on an SNES mini.

Man, this little device brings me so much joy. I guess I'll need to buy wireless controllers but other than that, it's pretty cool.
I modded it too, so now the device has all the NES, SNES and Genesis games I used to play as a kid. Also, I FINALLY found the name of the game that I loved as a kid but could never find since (I recall even asking about it here!)... anyway, it's Shadow of The Ninja :)

The best thing about this whole experience is that my son is watching me plays those games and he likes them a lot!
I kinda had this wish of him getting to know the older generation of video games before being exposed to all the modern stuff. I didn't want to force it but I'm glad it happened on its own.
I try to not expose him to any other video games yet (except like Rocket League), since at 4 years old he is still to young and I prefer him to read a book or play outside. So yeah, playing Excitebike, Super Mario Bros or Ninja Turtles around him is really cool.

Wonderland wrote:Pillars of Eternity has claimed my soul woops

Cool!

orochigeese
E-Fed Pimp

Postby orochigeese » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:50 pm

sonny615 wrote:I got my hands on an SNES mini.

Nice! I've been wanting one of those too 8-)

sonny615 wrote: Also, I FINALLY found the name of the game that I loved as a kid but could never find since (I recall even asking about it here!)... anyway, it's Shadow of The Ninja :)

Shadow of the Ninja was one of my absolute favorite NES games, like top 5. I believe it was 2-player co-op too which made it stand out. Also had some excellent weapons and fun gameplay.

sonny615 wrote:The best thing about this whole experience is that my son is watching me plays those games and he likes them a lot!
I kinda had this wish of him getting to know the older generation of video games before being exposed to all the modern stuff. I didn't want to force it but I'm glad it happened on its own.

That's really cool :D

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Been playing Battletech, and Pillars of Eternity both are great games.