Games you are playing! (#2034)

Sooj
Community Member

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Sooj » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:40 am

sonny615 wrote:I also started Undertale recently, as I heard it's really good. About an hour in, so can't really formulate an opinion yet.

I'm a bit further in but I'm loving it so far. It's unlike anything I've ever played.
The Spectacular Sensation from South of the Equator... It’s the Mad Bomber from Moorabbin!
Here's Sooj, my e-Fed edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1137254699

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:27 pm

West of Loathing is out, it's very good, and very funny.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/59722 ... _Loathing/

And the game it spun off from is still around, also very good, also very funny, and also very free.

https://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Impressive new No Man's Sky update out, detailed here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ux2uewek6s This looks like the update that will finally make my try it out.

Aug 12 is also the last day for a big PS+ sale happening on PSN right now. Picked up $160 worth of games for $70. Also Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is out now and a must have for any fans of the classic series.

CDNFPW

Postby CDNFPW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm

What games I tend to play are a bit all over the place but right now I'm playing a lot of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, some PUBG and FPW:W of course. Rising Storm 2 is really nice cause its super intense and you can't just be Rambo and run/gun to victory. Also the napalm is crazy.

I've also started playing SWTOR again cause apparently I hate myself. :lol:

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 am

CDNFPW wrote:What games I tend to play are a bit all over the place but right now I'm playing a lot of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, some PUBG and FPW:W of course. Rising Storm 2 is really nice cause its super intense and you can't just be Rambo and run/gun to victory. Also the napalm is crazy.

I've also started playing SWTOR again cause apparently I hate myself. :lol:

Just broke 200 hours in Rising Storm Vietnam.

Will
Community Member

Postby Will » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Got super-duper back into Breath of the Wild now that my partner beat the game, freeing up the Switch.

Sweet god-damn, Breath of the Wild is SO FUCKING GOOD.

Also bought The Golf Club 2 a few weeks ago. I hate real golf, but love me some golf video games. The first one was a rad, albeit very limited game. This one has a lot more customization options for its character creator, whilst it is simultaneously still limited as all hell. But I made a dude that actually looks like me. My partner was not so lucky, as the character creation for women sucks. Starting to get a hang on the course creator, too, which has been pretty rad.

Anyway, it's zen as all hell, and a good way to just wind down. But it can also be GOD-DAMNED INFURIATING. Omfg. It tries to be as realistic as possible, which can be rad, but it also means, say, when you misread a green, a put can go horribly wrong and you can just absolutely like five-putt a hole and it's just the god-damned worst and it can ruin a whole round and ugh. But I love it. And I hate it. But I mostly love it.

It has online societies/country clubs, too, which allows you to get on with friends and play rounds against their ghosts. It's been fun to play with friends.

It was $50 CDN/$40 USD, so I dunno if it's worth it for those curious, but it's worth checking out a video or two if you've liked golf games before/the previous game.

Haven't played much, but I got Slime Rancher now that it's out of early access and a full release game. It's god-damned adorable. It isn't, say, Harvest Moon, or Stardew Valley—god dammit when is that coming out for the Switch?—levels of deep, but it's still a fun, engaging "farming game." And did I say it's adorable? It's adorable.

Also just started the new Batman Telltale game. And I mean JUST started—like twenty minutes in. I only played the first episode of the previous season, mostly because as much as I enjoyed TWD Season One, most of The Wolf Among Us, and parts of Tales from the Borderlands—kind of in spite of itself because I hate Borderlands's approach to humour—the engine Telltale has been using for all of these games has just been wearing so god-damned thin. And I really want to like this game because Telltale can still do some cool stuff, and I've read that it approaches the Batman mythos in some really neat ways. And Batman, all his bullshit, tiresome brooding aside, is still one of my favourite comic book characters ever. So I'm intrigued. But then I'm reminded that I need to play a Telltale game on their garbage-ass engine that they haven't updated at all. So I'm not sure if I wanna stick with it.

Also also, haven't played them yet, but tomorrow's gonna be an expensive day. I'm grabbing Sonic Mania, Undertale (again) on PS4, and Nidhogg 2. Super stoked for all of them. I'm not a Sonic fanboy and I don't have the rose-tinted glasses—in fact, I honestly question if they've ever been good games, but everything I've seen looks rad and I'm not expecting much out of it but everything I've seen has looked good. I love that Sega is so inept they had to hire fans, who made amazing fan-made products, to make a GOOD Sonic game in 2017.

Undertale is easily one of my favourite games in the last few years, maybe of all-time, so fuck it, why not grab it again?

And Nidhogg 2 has an art style that I absolutely fucking hate, but I loved the first one, and Nidhogg 2, art style aside—or, I suppose, I should specify that I actually think the art work is incredible, but I just hate the character designs—looks like all kinds of fun, so I'll gladly grab it.
(omg that's clickable and will take you to SHTCW: a!)
Steam Workshop!

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 pm

I finished playing and finally finished uploading my FIFTEEN-PART series on going through Champion Road (to unlock everything) in Virtual Pro Wrestling 64!
Check out the full playlist!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... AxyIcg9CyJ
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 am

Got Thimbleweed Park, Escapists 2 and Nidhogg 2. Also Book of Regrets which is kind've like Shadowgate crossed with a Choose Your Own Adventure book.

soak314
Community Member

Postby soak314 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am

Uh, FPW. And photoshop + lightworks to edit FPW related stuff.

I haven't touched another game since FPW came out.

Help :upsidedownlol:

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 pm

soak314 wrote:Uh, FPW. And photoshop + lightworks to edit FPW related stuff.

I haven't touched another game since FPW came out.

Help :upsidedownlol:

NOBODY HELP THIS MAN

We need his full attention and focus on World to keep bringing the awesome

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 am

If you Pre-Order DUSK on steam right now you can get Episode 1 right away, it's an amazing retro shooter, think quake or doom but with a very thick hillbilly occult horror vibe.

Eisenheim
Community Member

Postby Eisenheim » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:13 am

Still playing Warthunder.
It is a pretty interesting experience to be actually good in a game Image
It`s magic! Image

"I imagine Eisenheim living in a cartoon castle on a magical floating mountain in the clouds high above Germany, every room stuffed to the brim with a billion unique smilies. With Eisenheim wandering the halls, contemplating new and wonderful uses for them all." - TheDenizen

facebook'd

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:13 pm

How is warthunder I've looked at it a few times but never tried it. I play World of Tanks and Warships

Eisenheim
Community Member

Postby Eisenheim » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:35 pm

Better community. More realistic. If you like - you can choose between different gamemodes - ranging from Arcade (Which is easy, with mouse aim and such. Girlfriend-friendly) over Realistic to Simulation. Sim is hard, especially when it comes to airplanes. A well calibrated joystick is recommended here. Mostly it is PvP, teamwise or you can play PvE too, with a team, against attacking waves of AI-enemies. You have planes and ground forces ranging from late 20ies/early 30ies up to early sixties.
Ships will be implemented in the near future (cannon boats, destroyers and stuff), as well as an World-War-campaign mode, in which Squadrons can participate.
You can play strictly airplanes if you like, or tanks or you can do mixed battles, which are pretty fun (in fact, it's ground forces with close air support).
There are six nations atm: USA, Germany, Russia, Great Britain, Japan and Italy (which, at this point, only operates aircraft).
You have no vehicle limit. I own around 300 vehicles now, tanks and aircraft.
Some of my favorites are the F4U-series from the USA, which i can fly decent and the japanese G8, which is a heavy bomber. I love being a bomber pilot.
In tanks dont dare to face me, when i am sitting in my russian IS-2. I will eat you for breakfast. :twisted:

For a free-to-play game this thing is a gem. Regardless what the notorious disgruntled playerbase says :D
The graphics are astounding and the gameplay is fluid. You have a learning curve that is pretty steep and won't flatten for a long time. I still get noticeable better. Sometimes there will be "quantum leaps" where you discover something very special for you which boosts your performance.
There is the option for premium, but it is seriously not really neccessary to progress. It's just a bit slower. But that might be a good thing, since you don't rush through any techtrees and have time to learn everything from scratch and extensive.

If you are interested, i can send you an invitation link of which we both can profit. You will get some extra premium currency. Me too :smoking:
Also i am willing to help and guide new players through their first steps.

You can be a school bus too :upsidedownlol: :

Spoiler: show
It`s magic! Image

"I imagine Eisenheim living in a cartoon castle on a magical floating mountain in the clouds high above Germany, every room stuffed to the brim with a billion unique smilies. With Eisenheim wandering the halls, contemplating new and wonderful uses for them all." - TheDenizen

facebook'd

Wonderland
Community Member

Postby Wonderland » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Steam told me some game called Shadow Warrior was free for the taking. While I'm not a big fan of shooters or demons or magic powers or "funny" games too much, I like katana fighting, so I gave it a shot. Boy oh boy, it's lots of fun! I feel like if it won me over, then anyone who inherently isn't turned off by those things I listed, and instead is drawn to them, will be a big fan.

Oh and there's a main character as part of the story called Orochi Zilla. So, you know. That's pretty cool.

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 am

Wonderland wrote:Steam told me some game called Shadow Warrior was free for the taking. While I'm not a big fan of shooters or demons or magic powers or "funny" games too much, I like katana fighting, so I gave it a shot. Boy oh boy, it's lots of fun! I feel like if it won me over, then anyone who inherently isn't turned off by those things I listed, and instead is drawn to them, will be a big fan.

Oh and there's a main character as part of the story called Orochi Zilla. So, you know. That's pretty cool.

2 is pretty good also, they added a lot of Diablo-esq stuff to it like loot drops, Co-Op and randomized layouts.

Oh, and a ton more melee weapons, Chainsaws, Laser Swords, Double Swords, Gauntlets, all sorts of stuff.

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Eisenheim I'll check it out and if I can get free stuff for doing so then even better

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Red Out (anti grav racer like WipeOut series), Resident Evil Revelations and Yakuza Kiwami all arrived. Also went ahead and pre-ordered the DLC expansion to XCOM 2 coming in a couple weeks.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 pm

Everything Total War related on sale on Steam. Everything I didn't already own, I now own complete with every single DLC. It'll be weeks of downloading to get it all on my system though. Even have Warhammer 2 Total War pre-ordered and Creative Assembly is also set to announce multiple new historic Total War games in the upcoming weeks. From what I have been hearing through forums, Warhammer Total War actually did way better in sales than they were projecting and so they have spent a significant amount of development time bolstering the DLC's and sequel content.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 am

CD Projekt Red says Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch only days away while the patch for the Xbox One upgrade patch will be coming by the end of the year.

News on Cyberpunk 2077 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sz2SclGS30

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Destiny 2 for the win

fullbug
Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Postby fullbug » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Can anyone suggest a good platform Mario Bros type game on Steam that my wife may like? Besides World, I dont know any good games on that site, and have money on the account to buy a game.....

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:23 am

I'm on a big Shin Megami Tensei kick lately (something about unusually hard anime JRPGs just gets me, I guess)... I've been on Digital Devil Saga, about thirteen years after release, while I've also been watching my brother plow through Persona 5. I've just been after something I can lose myself in for a while, keep myself occupied for a while each day.

It's all been pushed aside as I go back into the Pokemon fray, god help me. Omega Ruby will hold my attention for a while longer yet.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Finally Samurai Shodown V Special uncut and uncensored is out now and downloaded on my PS4. Also already discounted for PS+ members. That's three of the series up on PSN now. Now they finally have to announce that they've been working on a new one since 2015.

Also I am Setsuna on 40% discount for PS+ members. Fans of the classic style JRPG's should check it out. I hear Lost Sphere is related/sequel to I am Setsuna as well but I am waiting for that to go on sale before I buy it. Almost bit the bullet and pre-ordered the Secret of Mana remake but PSN says it's still 199 days from release, so no rush.

Also if anyone is looking at getting a NES and or SNES mini in the future, good news: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ninte ... 0-6453270/

DakotaK
King of Joshi Puroresu

Postby DakotaK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Recently rediscovered Diablo 3 for myself, having a lot of fun playing through it with the Necromancer.
And in about 20 minutes the new Metroid is going to unlock, so that's gonna eat a bunch of my time from now on.
the Gallery "W" | Dakota's Fire Pro World Showcase
the Gallery "R" | Dakota's Fire Pro Returns Showcase
orochigeese wrote:Dakota's World of Joshi Puroresu turns FPR into Fire Pro R: Queen's Special.