Games you are playing!

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Re: Games you are playing!

Postby sonny615 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

orochigeese wrote:
sonny615 wrote:I got my hands on an SNES mini.

Nice! I've been wanting one of those too 8-)

You should get one, it's awesome.
I now want the 8bitdo SF30 Pro controller but with delivery to Israel it'll cost me as much as the console :(
I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:06 am

Xenonauts with the Community Edition patch through GoG - it’s kicking my ass way more than X-Com Enemy Unknown ever did. I’m getting shot and killed by aliens the blackness I can’t see. Read a few guides but really can’t get the hang of it - I really wanted to get into this game, since I loved the new x-com EU and EW
“To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man”

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:56 pm

UpUpDownDown had Nakamura and Asuka this weekend. Nak kept talking about how much he loves Fire Pro, but cant play World because he owns a Switch.

Suddenly I hope for a Switch version and I dont even own one lol.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 am

Somewhat unrelated, I bought a new ps4 controller today (on sale for $40 through tomorrow at GameStop) that I'll use exclusively on my laptop for Fire Pro.

Get home from dinner, new dog has chewed up my old controller.

Zero sum gain today lol.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Sooj wrote:Xenonauts with the Community Edition patch through GoG - it’s kicking my ass way more than X-Com Enemy Unknown ever did. I’m getting shot and killed by aliens the blackness I can’t see. Read a few guides but really can’t get the hang of it - I really wanted to get into this game, since I loved the new x-com EU and EW

Shield Bearers are your friend early game. You need to scout with them and get vision, since enemies can consistently one shot your guys from uncharted areas if you're not careful. Also, utilize smoke grenades for additional cover and stun grenades/automatic weapons fire to lock-down enemies and reduce their action points. Usually, you want to scout out alien position and take aimed shots if you can; eventually you'll get used to flanking with shotguns for faster kills.

It's much less forgiving than new XCOM, but the time unit system allows you to do more.

Rangerh
Community Member

Postby Rangerh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I feel like the enemies in Xenonauts aren't aggressive enough in comparison to the old XCOM i still play from time to time thanks to the OpenXCOM+Extended mod , the maps are often huge and getting to each of them is sometime annoying .

Especially when the ones hiding inside of the downed ufo aren't getting out (and unlike old XCOM you can't make your own "entrance" in a downed UFO) they sometime open the main door but still stay in for some reason, very annoying hiding behaviour that contradict a lot what the lore is telling you when you make the researches on them (they're all mostly mindless drones controlled by a few brainy leaders and all of them are without any sense of self-preservation, so they should never hide according to that)

I have read that an earlier version of Xenonaut had the AI very aggressive but they changed that for some reason, sadly the GOG version is only the latest one, i would have loved to play with an AI that comes to you and the community edition just keep the same default AI as the base game.

There's a couple of mods ( "X-Division" and "XNT into the darkness" ) that have supposedly a more aggressive AI, but they change and add way too much to the game for my own tastes to give a try.

Still Xenonaut despite lots of good idea (better quality of life interface, presence of some cops/soldiers in missions instead of only civilians, etc...) and obviously very nicely polished graphics still does not have for me the magic of the old XCOM , and i surprised myself to go back to it (thanks to openxcom/extended+ mod for the improvements over it) and have again lots of fun wasting my squaddies being mind controlled by aliens and shooting their blaster launchers at my own troops :D

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 am

I think Community Edition includes a breaching charge, that allows players to breach UFOs from the side.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:42 am

Appreciate the Xeno tips! I’m still keeping at the game and it’s still kicking my ass (just a little less than before). You do get C4 (at least in the Community Edition) but I never figured out how to breach a UFO from the sides - I shoot/blow out the doors with soldiers ready for reactions shots and all long range weapons taking burst fire. Figured it was ‘better’ since it took up more TU haha. I’m up to stunning an alien officer - having stunned a guard last mission with my one shield guy

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 pm

China faction now entering For Honor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDELaG1YreU

New Breach mode as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BchIGo-S5fs

Firehawk
Community Member

Postby Firehawk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 am

Finally picked up Doom as it was discounted pretty heavily for the Steam summer sale. Fifteen bucks and I'm enjoying it immensely thus far. No bullshit, no annoying tropes that I tend to hate in games (so far), just a bunch of really enjoyable shooting the everloving fuck out of demons. No regrets.
The edits of Phoenix Rising can always be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1174511351
Phoenix Rising can be found on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/firehawk2289 and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/Kileas

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:50 am

Firehawk wrote:Finally picked up Doom as it was discounted pretty heavily for the Steam summer sale. Fifteen bucks and I'm enjoying it immensely thus far. No bullshit, no annoying tropes that I tend to hate in games (so far), just a bunch of really enjoyable shooting the everloving fuck out of demons. No regrets.

Yeah, Doom was a refreshing change from all of the crap you mentioned. Never even bothered with multiplayer and could never really understand why the developers felt compelled to add it in the first place ($$$, yeah, I know.). But yeah, a no nonsense, FAST, hellishly violent shooter.

Started playing The Last of Us again, I was playing it over a year ago and got distracted from it somehow. Picked it up again this past weekend and ooooh lord, I like this game. Naughty Dog are MASTERS of their trade. Story, gameplay, VISUALS (still, even five years after the PS3 launch and a PS4 remaster), the whole package is there. I love when I find games I get excited about getting back to as soon as I have a bit of free time, there are a lot of cool titles out there, but I haven't had many grab me like this one has in a while. :D

TheDenizen
Community Member

Postby TheDenizen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:17 am

Recently got back into Dragon's Dogma. I finished the game on PS3 back in 2012, but never did any of the DLC.

Just picked up the Dark Arisen expansion/PC remaster for like 12 bucks off Steam. Way better and with deeper mechanics than I remember. I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time min/maxing my party and stomping the shit out of Chimeras and giant Ogres. Good Times :D

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Have heard good things about Dragon’s Dogma - but I just picked up the Mount & Blade collection, so that’s been a time thief. Trying out the original before getting into Warband (pretty sure I’ll be getting into those Star Wars and LOTR mods to liven up the experience (though I haven’t sunk nearly enough time yet into the native game)

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Finally have both Rainbow games on my PS4 now. Rainbow Moon and Rainbow Skies.

Both games are done in the vein of the classic 90's 16 bit oldschool grind RPG's. If you're into character building games you will definitely get your moneys worth out of the Rainbow series.

Rainbow Moon trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDm-cd4HG4
Rainbow Skies trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OdMbx8TLEk

BakFu888
Community Member

Postby BakFu888 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Finished The Last of Us, not the ending I was expecting, but still pretty bad ass (and I think another read of Cormac McCarthy's The Road is in order as well!)! I think I'll take on the DLC next, I'm still not sick of this game!

I'm trying to pick the next game I'll dive into, Uncharted 4, Horizon, or Yakuza Kiwami. Other suggestions?

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Outside of Fire Pro World and WoW, I'm playing Darkest Dungeon, Halycon 6, and Terraria.

I suck at Darkest Dungeon and Halcyon 6 and neither are going particularly well. I'm not good at turn-based strategy games as a whole. I'm actually kind of stupid and rush through my turns without thinking about what I'm doing.

In Terraria, I'm playing a modded map. There's tons of stuff for me to kill. I've killed close to twenty bosses so far. I'm preparing to go into Hard Mode for the first time (again) since I've never made it past the Wall of Flesh, mostly because I over-prepared myself for Hard Mode before and never got around to progressing into it. I'm finding the modded game more enjoyable than the Vanilla game since in the Vanilla game I got bored of aimlessly digging holes after a while.

As usual, if I can mod it, I'll get more enjoyment out of it.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

saiyanblade84
Community Member

Postby saiyanblade84 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 am

WWF SmackDown 2. I love the season mode.

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:30 am

slap city

Fukuro
Community Member

Postby Fukuro » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:Outside of Fire Pro World and WoW, I'm playing Darkest Dungeon, Halycon 6, and Terraria.

I suck at Darkest Dungeon and Halcyon 6 and neither are going particularly well. I'm not good at turn-based strategy games as a whole. I'm actually kind of stupid and rush through my turns without thinking about what I'm doing.

I feel you. I suck at Darkest Dungeon also but the wonderful artwork, design, sound and overal atmosphere always brings me back.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 pm

This makes me think I should finally open my copy of South Park Fractured but Whole. Loved the Stick of Truth. Was my first turn based game. Most other RPGs I've tried to play are so nerdy I can't get into them.

Darkest Dungeon has always looked fantastic and I've wanted to give it a go.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Yeah, I've got a handful of turn-based games in my Steam library.

I'm kinda leaning towards them after being so against them in my youth. Unfortunately for me, as I get older, my ability to properly play video games will get worse - This is largely due to genetics (arthritis, etc) - Granted, it doesn't affect me too much now, but as the years go by, it will.

But yeah.

The ones I've played, I've enjoyed them for what I get out of them. Darkest Dungeon is unforgiving, but like most games, if you can "game" the system, then it gets progressively easier to complete it. It doesn't really hold your hand, but if you pay attention, you learn how to deal with certain mechanics more easily.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

View619
Community Member

Postby View619 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:18 pm

My main issue with Darkest Dungeon is it promotes a grind-like style of play. Run some characters through similar missions over and over, build them up with currency, sacrifice them to the final dungeon and then do it all over again. It gets old pretty quickly, imo.
I'm liking Into The Breach as my go-to TBS game; fairly short play sessions with different methods of approaching combat based on your pilots/mech/equipment. Also, it's about fighting aliens with giant robots; instant A+.
Also, Invisible Inc from Klei if you like the spy/espionage setting; Klei really captured the feeling well.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Bomber Crew is now up on PSN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqkc0x_CTjU
I still play it on PC so I will pick it up on PSN as well.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 am

Fuck I only played a bit of Dark Souls 3 and man, I don't know if I'll ever have time for a game like that.

Sooj
Community Member

Postby Sooj » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:05 am

Been watching a Rimworld playthrough from Sips - I’m getting tempted... (despite still having Prison Architect not yet installed on my new pc)