Journey of Wrestling (Free online booking game)

mahin

Re: Journey of Wrestling (Free online booking game)

Postby mahin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Did you try deleting the rumble match?

Yes, I'm aware of that bug. I'll get to fixing it soon. Thanks!

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:25 pm

mahin wrote:Did you try deleting the rumble match?

I did but I've done it again and now it says I can't book the Rumble as I've already booked that match contract and I can book it again after I've used it. I didn't notice it before but above the wrestlers it lists championship match contract as a vacant title. I've tried booking the Rumble both with and without that selected and I get the same message. Possibly this is some sort of conflict with the change done for the MITB contract?

Also, this is probably known but now I have two of every wrestler that I had booked a finish for at the Rumble event before I got stuck. So two Seth Rollins, two Paiges, two Luke Harper's etc.

mahin

Postby mahin » Tue May 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Kristofferson wrote:
mahin wrote:Did you try deleting the rumble match?

I did but I've done it again and now it says I can't book the Rumble as I've already booked that match contract and I can book it again after I've used it. I didn't notice it before but above the wrestlers it lists championship match contract as a vacant title. I've tried booking the Rumble both with and without that selected and I get the same message. Possibly this is some sort of conflict with the change done for the MITB contract?

Also, this is probably known but now I have two of every wrestler that I had booked a finish for at the Rumble event before I got stuck. So two Seth Rollins, two Paiges, two Luke Harper's etc.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've worked out these bugs and they should be fixed in the next update, which should be out by May 2nd or 3rd. Hope you check it out then!

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Tue May 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks, I will do that.

mahin

Postby mahin » Mon May 07, 2018 7:06 am

Kristofferson wrote:Thanks, I will do that.

Hi!

I just released a fix for the match contracts. Let me know if it's working alright for you.

Also, tournaments were added!

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Mon May 07, 2018 2:04 pm

mahin wrote:

Hi!

I just released a fix for the match contracts. Let me know if it's working alright for you.

I have tried again but I'm getting the same error when trying to book the royal rumble. Something like "You already have a contract by that name. You can book another after you have used it".

I don't know what contract it's talking about unless it's the women's money in the bank, which I've not cashed in yet. I can't really get past it without having a Royal Rumble PPV with no Rumble match...

The tournament is a cool addition. I will be booking a king in the ring when I can get past January.

mahin

Postby mahin » Mon May 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Kristofferson wrote:
mahin wrote:

Hi!

I have tried again but I'm getting the same error when trying to book the royal rumble. Something like "You already have a contract by that name. You can book another after you have used it".

I don't know what contract it's talking about unless it's the women's money in the bank, which I've not cashed in yet. I can't really get past it without having a Royal Rumble PPV with no Rumble match...

The tournament is a cool addition. I will be booking a king in the ring when I can get past January.

Ah okay. Can you check if you have a title match contract in your vacated titles? You can view them when you're booking a match. If so, that's the Royal Rumble contract. You can put it on the line in a battle royal match for now, or delete it (under Company -> Manage -> - Title) and then book your Royal Rumble.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Mon May 07, 2018 5:43 pm

mahin wrote:
Kristofferson wrote:
mahin wrote:
Hi!

Ah okay. Can you check if you have a title match contract in your vacated titles? You can view them when you're booking a match. If so, that's the Royal Rumble contract. You can put it on the line in a battle royal match for now, or delete it (under Company -> Manage -> - Title) and then book your Royal Rumble.

I did and I've deleted it and so far so good. I'm glad to have this back to continue with, thanks buddy.

EDIT: the event worked but the bug where Naomi can only cash in her MITB contract in the men's world title match is back.

mahin

Postby mahin » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 am

Kristofferson wrote:
mahin wrote:
Kristofferson wrote:

I did and I've deleted it and so far so good. I'm glad to have this back to continue with, thanks buddy.

EDIT: the event worked but the bug where Naomi can only cash in her MITB contract in the men's world title match is back.

Good to hear the event worked. The Rumble/ No1 Contender shouldn't give you any issues going forward.

Okay so cash in contracts only work on Main Event titles, which should be the main men's titles in the WWE scenario. Women's MITB obviously won't work like that.

One way to fix this is to assign which championship the contract can be cashed in, but that could be difficult, since ususally there is more than one championship you can cash in on, like the WWE and Universal championship, and having to select them individually can be difficult.

The other option is to allow Upper midcard titles to be cashed in on as well, which will include the IC, US and Women's titles.

A third option is to introduce title prestige, which will allow you to raise your title to a Main Event title, thus allowing cash ins to work on them.

What do you think?

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 am

Could the women's division be made a separate entity like tag teams are? That probably requires the most reworking but it would solve the problem most cleanly.

Otherwise, it would be best for the women's titles to have the same property as the WWE and Universal Championships so they can be cash in on too. The problem then though would be if you have both a women and men's MITB briefcase at the same time and not knowing which one you're cashing in before you do it.

In my case manually changing the prestige would be the quickest option but it would be a work around others may not be able to guess if they run into the same problem.

mahin

Postby mahin » Tue May 08, 2018 6:25 am

You're right, the real solution is putting the women in a separate division. That will allow men's, women's and tag contracts to be held at the same time.

The game doesn't allow two championship contracts at the same time. Did you create another one alongside the Women's MITB?

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 am

mahin wrote:You're right, the real solution is putting the women in a separate division. That will allow men's, women's and tag contracts to be held at the same time.

The game doesn't allow two championship contracts at the same time. Did you create another one alongside the Women's MITB?

Not manually. The men's one ran from MITB until Survivor Series and the Women's from TLC and it was supposed to be cashed in at Royal Rumble. I can't remember the order of the events so they may not have overlapped or I may have reported it as a bug and you did something to get around it.

mahin

Postby mahin » Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Kristofferson wrote:
mahin wrote:You're right, the real solution is putting the women in a separate division. That will allow men's, women's and tag contracts to be held at the same time.

Not manually. The men's one ran from MITB until Survivor Series and the Women's from TLC and it was supposed to be cashed in at Royal Rumble. I can't remember the order of the events so they may not have overlapped or I may have reported it as a bug and you did something to get around it.

Yes, you can't have two at the same time. So allowing the women's championship to be cashed in on can be a fix. But I'd like to make it a separate division.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Wed May 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Stuck again! I've at Mania 2019 and I have the Step Up artifact that allows you to book the owner. I've booked Vince vs Shane in a steel cage for the opening match and it has let me book the whole card but when I go to the event it does not allow me to choose a winner. It doesn't have an error message it just turns the selection blue and doesn't move to the next screen.

mahin

Postby mahin » Wed May 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Kristofferson wrote:Stuck again! I've at Mania 2019 and I have the Step Up artifact that allows you to book the owner. I've booked Vince vs Shane in a steel cage for the opening match and it has let me book the whole card but when I go to the event it does not allow me to choose a winner. It doesn't have an error message it just turns the selection blue and doesn't move to the next screen.

Sorry about that. I'm trying to figure this bug out. Can you try playing the match again? Thanks.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Wed May 09, 2018 7:04 pm

mahin wrote:
Kristofferson wrote:Stuck again! I've at Mania 2019 and I have the Step Up artifact that allows you to book the owner. I've booked Vince vs Shane in a steel cage for the opening match and it has let me book the whole card but when I go to the event it does not allow me to choose a winner. It doesn't have an error message it just turns the selection blue and doesn't move to the next screen.

Sorry about that. I'm trying to figure this bug out. Can you try playing the match again? Thanks.

That worked, thanks. It got 4.75 stars too believe it or not :)

mahin

Postby mahin » Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 am

The McMahons deliver!

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Is there a way you can vacate a title?

Since the MITB contract can only be cashed in on WWE or Universal Championships, mine has been stuck on Naomi since TLC 2018. It hasn't bothered me much since in only gave her it because it was one of my annual goals to give her a championship contract and I never intended for her to cash in successfully anyway.

My problem now is that I am up to MITB 2019 and I don't want to book the event because I won't be able to book the MITB ladder match without getting the contract off Naomi first.

I can't see any option to strip it from her and I even tried releasing her but it say you can't release a champion so the only thing I can think of is to have her fail a cash in on a men's match earlier in the card - unless you can let me know of a more elegant solution?

mahin

Postby mahin » Fri May 11, 2018 6:04 pm

We were just discussing that on the Discord. I'll be adding that in the next update, but for now, can you try deleting the title under Manage, Company, -Title? That should remove it and allow you to book another MITB Ladder match.

Kristofferson
Community Member

Postby Kristofferson » Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Cool. I was worried that would remove the MITB contract permanently.

mahin

Postby mahin » Sat May 12, 2018 5:28 am

Kristofferson wrote:Cool. I was worried that would remove the MITB contract permanently.

It would remove that MITB briefcase, but you can hold another MITB ladder match to create a new one.

mahin

Postby mahin » Sun May 27, 2018 9:36 am

Just wanted to let you all know that JoW 1.76 is out, adding Auto Booker, Simulator, Future Workers and more! You can read about it at https://www.reddit.com/r/jow/comments/8mg11q/jow_176_shocking_simulations/

mahin

Postby mahin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am

JoW 1.77 is out, adding multi-title matches, open challenges, superstar information while playing match and more. You can read the release notes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/jow/comments/8qqytt/jow_177_open_challenges_and_multititle_matches/