Other Fighting Games

kokushishin
Community Member

Re: Other Fighting Games

Postby kokushishin » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 am

<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 am

SIGGY LIVES~

Guess he was too popular to have only Nightmare in Soul Calibur 6.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:13 am

I still want Akuma to crossover into Soul Calibur. Who am I kidding, I want Akuma to crossover into every single fighting game made.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:02 am

Akuma in Mortal Kombat seems fitting.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:35 pm

I'm probably in the minority of Soul Calibur diehards who has never really liked Siegfried so his inclusion in the new game doesn't really do anything for me. Can't say that I'm surprised that he's in but I was kind of hoping for just the one lefthander user this time around. Oh well. I'm really just hoping my guys Voldo and Astaroth don't get the axe.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

senator
Community Member

Postby senator » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm

El Marsh wrote:I'm probably in the minority of Soul Calibur diehards who has never really liked Siegfried so his inclusion in the new game doesn't really do anything for me. Can't say that I'm surprised that he's in but I was kind of hoping for just the one lefthander user this time around. Oh well. I'm really just hoping my guys Voldo and Astaroth don't get the axe.

I see what you did there....

Wouldn't worry too much about those two, Voldo's almost certainly going to be in, and I'd think Astaroth is too popular as well to...get the axe.

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Siegfried in Soul Calibur VI... Color me shocked.

/sarcasm
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Fucking autocorrect

Apparently zweihander was corrected to lefthander

Wtf

Incidentally, they've yet to reveal the series' only lefty (Raphael)

Would be interesting to see if he makes it with the new timeline and all
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

Dawnbr3ak3r
ControlFrenzy

Postby Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:56 pm

El Marsh wrote:Incidentally, they've yet to reveal the series' only lefty (Raphael)

Would be interesting to see if he makes it with the new timeline and all

I would think he would be since it's set in-between Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, isn't it?

The only other hopeful I want is Cassandra. Everyone after her is icing on the cake.

I hope to the gods that Geralt's playstyle is at least interesting because the character himself is the most uninteresting character I've ever witnessed.

"I'm an edgy-asshole-witch-man. Love me!" Yeah, no thanks - I'd rather have Devil Jin and I hate him too.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Honestly, I'd rather have that than some spiky haired pretty boy from Final Fantasy.

Guest characters are never going to please everyone. It's a small part of the reason why I dislike them in fighting games.

As for Raphael, I guess my concern is that since they're changing things in regard to the protagonists of SCI, they might do the same for SCII which is where Raphael "triumphs" but becomes tainted by Soul Edge, turning into the pseudo vampire he was in SC3-5. I have no idea about his popularity and whether there's demand for him but if he's retconned into being am ancillary character then I wouldn't be surprised if he was given DLC status or omitted altogether. Obvious that's a HUGE reach of a conclusion based on very, very little info but yeah, I think that at the very least he will have a different role in the story.
ImageImage

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Raph was dead in SC5 (he was the body Nightmare was inhabiting).

People are surprised at Siggy already being announced because Nightmare has already been shown to be Siggy under the helm again, so it was assumed he'd either be absent (as in SC2) or an 'extra'/Soul to use in Created Characters or something since post SC2 they were always two physically different characters.

kokushishin
Community Member

Postby kokushishin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Dawnbr3ak3r wrote:I hope to the gods that Geralt's playstyle is at least interesting because the character himself is the most uninteresting character I've ever witnessed.

"I'm an edgy-asshole-witch-man. Love me!" Yeah, no thanks - I'd rather have Devil Jin and I hate him too.

Geralt is allegedly a Poe of Elric and Marlowe.
<rmm311> I demand you stop being right.

Licentia Docendi Dans Grapil/Lutte

Evening Star, Trollslayer, Bearer of Bad News, Bane of Fools, Dread of the Derpy