NO FUN LEAGUE - Level's Tecmo Super Bowl Sim League/Story Showcase

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Re: NO FUN LEAGUE - Level's Tecmo Super Bowl Sim League/Story Showcase

Postby Makar17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Level wrote:
Makar17 wrote:
Level wrote:

:lol: Steven A. always exaggerates the use of words, some words I think he makes up!

I'm really having a ball with this. Also the guys over at tecmobowl.org have been teaching me how to hex edit so I'm able to mod the rom in a lot of interesting ways now.

I've always wanted to give hex editing a try, but I always lose to laziness. I would like to also take a rom, edit the rosters, field, and other graphics. I may try it some time.

I can do all those things and I learned it in less than a week. I'm sure you can.

I'll try.
Image Image

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Now that we are on the subject, and you already know how to do this, is there a way to take a Tecmo Super Bowl rom, hack it so there are only about 16 teams and have them play in a 50 yard field with no kicking game involved?

I have this idea for a of 7 on 7 version of football were teams start at their 10 and have to move 20 yards for a first down. TD's are worth 6 points and teams choose to go for 1 point running a play from the 5, or for 2 running a play from the 10.
Image Image

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Makar17 wrote:Now that we are on the subject, and you already know how to do this, is there a way to take a Tecmo Super Bowl rom, hack it so there are only about 16 teams and have them play in a 50 yard field with no kicking game involved?

I have this idea for a of 7 on 7 version of football were teams start at their 10 and have to move 20 yards for a first down. TD's are worth 6 points and teams choose to go for 1 point running a play from the 5, or for 2 running a play from the 10.

There is definitely a way to change the length of the field and the number of teams. The edits already exist for stuff like that so you can really just take from what other people have created. As far as the points, I would imagine that's possible, but I don't know how. Removing the kicking game, I don't think is possible.

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

if i can scope the things i know how to do with complete confidence:

change team names, colors etc
change players, attributes, etc
change plays
change the random number generation that affects sim results

Level
AMBITION Owner

Postby Level » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:07 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!

Ahead of their rivalry game with the Washington Redskins, The Dallas Cowboys have been experiencing some turmoil in the locker room. Primarily involving QB1 Dak Prescott and DE/LB Demarcus Lawrence

- 10 Pass Control (PC) For D. Prescott for 3 Games
- 10 Hitting Power (HP) For D. Lawrence for 3 Games

Demarcus Lawrence DE/LB - We struggling with a 3-3 record because the offense not producing, they need to run the ball more. Dak throwing too much mayne. We need to feed that boy Zeke.

Dez Bryant WR1 - Demarcus should mind his business, the offense will be fine as long as they keep giving the ball to me. I'm like Keyshawn Johnson, give me the damn ball.

Zeke Elliot refused to comment and was fined by the NFL for not speaking to the media. TMZ reports that he is being accused of pulling off another woman's top, this time in a Dallas nightclub.

Words from around the League

Keyshawn Johnson, Retired NFL WR - I can't agree with Dez. Owner Jerry Jones needs to get a hold of his team. They also should run the ball more, but they need to keep this conversation in the locker room.

Charles Barkley, NBA on TNT - This is turrible, just turrible. But why y'all keep asking me about football?

Mike Golic, ESPN - I usually side with the defense but Demarcus Lawrence, JUST SHUT UP! Will ya?! Keep it in the locker room!

Week #8 Game of The Week. Redskins vs. Cowboys

Summary: The Cowboys gave the ball to Zeke and he put up over over 200 yards and a whopping 4 Touchdowns! Dak didn't throw much, but did target Jason Witten repeatedly and the Defense forced a turnover to seal the game.

Makar17
An Owner of Two Chickens

Postby Makar17 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Level wrote:Charles Barkley, NBA on TNT - This is turrible, just turrible. But why y'all keep asking me about football?

:lol: I've been asking myself the same thing.
Image Image