WWE 2K18

Severla 2.0
Community Member

Re: WWE 2K18

Postby Severla 2.0 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Fignuts wrote:It all sounds great, but I'm checking my hype at the door after being let down last year.

Hopefully with the new graphics system we get a Dana Brooke that doesnt have a horrible monster face.

Well, it's a start? Seriously her lip surgery was the worst idea ever.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Some new gameplay impressions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TSnUEFm_g

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Not a bad trailer

Still a bit tentative about it but we'll see

Wonder what changes they've made to creation and universe
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

kikrusher99
Community Member

Postby kikrusher99 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

I give it 4/10. Everything looked slowed down (by design I think) and the moves looked weak (probably not by design but a flaw of their style).

Might just skip this series until 2k20. I just feel like I've out grown the smackdown series.

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Looks cool to me.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Not bad at all. I won't be buying, as much as I've enjoyed 2k17 I don't watch WWE at all, and I don't have a clue who anyone is, apart from the legends.

Old Baby
Flaming Bob's Dad

Postby Old Baby » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:43 pm

The thing the WWE series has always lacked is that "oh shit" feeling of Fire Pro like when one wrestler goes for a potentially match-ending move and there's those few seconds of tension waiting to see if it's a KO, or just watching a move that looks like it would have a lot of impact and going "ouch". WWE games look great but they don't feel alive to me.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 pm

I would probably wait to buy it used like I did with 2K15 if I weren't already getting it for free. But yeah, they seem to still be emphasizing the look and feel of WWE without showing any gameplay advancements. In fact their promotional material seems to actually be avoiding showing much gameplay.

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

any dlc news?
dlc roster?
@@

htiman
Community Member

Postby htiman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 pm

I think the game looks cool. The roster is HUGE and just filled with great wrestlers, and any others will probably be made as CAWS by very talented people sooner or later. I haven't gotten a WWE game in awhile, but having gotten a PS4 a few months ago and this being the first game not having to split resources with a old gen version, I think this will be a must get for me. Even if I've cooled a lot to watching wrestling, I still enjoy the games a lot.

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:33 am

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't think your link is working, doko...

JamUpGuy
Community Member

Postby JamUpGuy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:54 am

Looks pretty good to me. I never buy the WWE games, but a friend usually does and it's fun getting a few of us together for multi-man matches. I especially like the look of the new carry system, and it's nice that they're expanding the backstage area.

Will
Community Member

Postby Will » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDKIbT1lwr0

New creation suite stuff. Blacklight attires 4 all.

Also, seems like it shouldn't be a big deal, but logos not fading at the edges? Actually game-changing for CAWs. I'm still going to prefer Fire Pro by miles, but honestly, this is winning me back again. Maybe it won't be a day one purchase, but I think I might grab this.

Just generally speaking, this is just a bunch of small stuff that adds up to be awesome. Stuff like new face templates to reflect different ethnicities, combined with an overhaul on the stitching, and the logos not fading, and just other stuff like alpha masks/transparencies on videos, as well as the graphics engine and lighting just getting an overhaul to make the CAWs look closer to in-game models is exciting. Wish it had been in previous years, but hey, better late than never.

Edit: Second half (ish) also has all the new moves in the game, and there's some rad ones.
(omg that's clickable and will take you to SHTCW: a!)
Steam Workshop!

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm

IT MUST BE MAH BIRTHDAY! :lol:

Thanks for linking that @Will:D
Waking up to that is like friggin Christmas morning when I was 10 :lol:

The improved body morphing, wraparound logos, and ability to preview the models in different lighting were the changes that stood out for me. In particular, the logo improvement has been something that I've wanted for years and will make adding patterns and tattoos SOOOOOO much easier. One of my signature CAWs, Xouxou Chen, has a floral decal that I had to copy, resize, and edge like 18 times between her top and briefs to make it look seamless; the wraparound feature should make adding that in much easier. That's not to mention bicep tattoos which never quite made it around the entire arm.

I actually liked the aim of the mix 'n match body selector that was implemented last year but like many, felt that it was too limited. Adding a body size slider BEFORE you add those body shape textures should improve things a lot though it still likely won't be ideal for people who wanted more grotesque, lopsided creations like we could make in the past. Likewise, I really appreciate the added ethnicity templates for faces there. Combined with the face photo tool, it should lead to much more realistic looking faces and reduce the COPIOUS amount of time spent in post-photo face morphing. I exaggerate not, I believe that 80% of my time on each of my CAWs last year was spent on editing the face/head. I still aim to put in the work to make them look good but this will make it easier.

The lighting preview is really important because it gives you a preview of what your creation will actually look like under the ring lights. In the past, things that look really great in the darker creation studio didn't necessarily look the same once the character entered the arena. Now, you can preview them in various entrance and ring lighting and see the subtleties of how things reflect, shine, mute, etc. in different light scenarios. This is especially neat for entrances that use dramatic lighting effects. Additionally, the new ability to modify the hand gestures and facial expressions on the selection screen poses is a small but very welcome change. No more settling for something that looks "close enough" to your CAW's personality. It's also really neat that they'll FINALLY let you use entrance attires in those poses. Also that "8-bit" game filter :o

All in all, pretty nice and welcome changes to an already solid system. :D

Oh btw CUSTOM G****** MATCH TYPES ARE BACK!
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage

JamUpGuy
Community Member

Postby JamUpGuy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 pm

Will and Marsh covered a lot of the great additions there, but I really like the small detail of being able to remove teeth :lol:

El Marsh
Marsh the Great

Postby El Marsh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Heh. So the PC version is dropping the same day as console versions
https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-coming-to-pc

Guess I'll be missing out on some of my regular friends CAWs this year :(
ImageImage

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

OH~~~~~~~~~~~~~ good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

no system requirement yet...

there is 8 people macth now and also using a new game engine @@

maybe my pc is not work :(

Leathers
Community Member

Postby Leathers » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am

senator wrote:If I didn't have a new Fire Pro, I'd probably be considering this more.

Same. The creation suite in the 2k games I have played (and modern sports games in general) makes me real anxious and overwhelmed. I don't like going through a billion choices of noises and cheeks heights. It doesn't allow me to fill in the gaps in my mind.

That said, I will still watch NewLegacy inc play and break the game.
Kevin Seven - Sweet 16 2017 FPWArena March Madness Tournament
Jaeger Flippo - Sweet 16 2017 Testing it Out Tournament
Hanshin Tiger -2017 FPWA BattleBowl: The Lethal Lottery participant

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:12 pm

wait for the system requirement and decide pc or ps4 @@

Carlzilla
Community Member

Postby Carlzilla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 pm

As someone who really only enjoys the default characters that are legends from the 70s, 80s and early 90s...the DLC announcement today was pretty underwhelming.

I only care about The Rock-n-Roll Express...and while it's awesome to have them in the game, Beth Phoenix and the Hardy Boyz are "who fucking cares" additions for me.

dokoham
@@

Postby dokoham » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:59 pm

yes this year seems no HOF DLC... --