Games you are playing! (#2034)

User avatar
DragonZombie
Community Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:23 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby DragonZombie » Wed May 17, 2017 5:18 pm

El Marsh wrote:I think Injustice 2 has the best facial animations in a game since LA Noire.
Like, HOLY SHIT these characters look goddamn real!
Which is crazy given that it's centered around superpowered comic book characters.
Never would have expected that from a fighting game or Netherrealm Studios for that matter.

Image

Nice to see western developers making some realistic facials in video games for once.

User avatar
El Marsh
Marsh the Great
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: South Town, USA

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby El Marsh » Fri May 19, 2017 1:27 am

Well, if you ever want to know what it's like to get tentacle-raped, I recommend fighting the boss character of Injustice 2

Spoiler: show
It's Brainiac, of course, though Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing also have a couple of tentacle attacks


Definitely a NRS boss character.
My favorite wrestler is Perry Saturn who has a Ph.D in F***ing Your S*** Up from Don't You Look At Me University
ImageImage
The ultimate love is cannibalism.

User avatar
CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 am

El Marsh wrote:Well, if you ever want to know what it's like to get tentacle-raped, I recommend fighting the boss character of Injustice 2

Spoiler: show
It's Brainiac, of course, though Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing also have a couple of tentacle attacks


Definitely a NRS boss character.

Okay, so it's definitely not Shuma-Gorath. :lol:
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.


User avatar
October Raven
Community Member
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby October Raven » Sat May 20, 2017 8:30 am

ControlFrenzy wrote:
El Marsh wrote:Well, if you ever want to know what it's like to get tentacle-raped, I recommend fighting the boss character of Injustice 2

Spoiler: show
It's Brainiac, of course, though Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing also have a couple of tentacle attacks


Definitely a NRS boss character.

Okay, so it's definitely not Shuma-Gorath. :lol:


Well, Shuma-Gorath is a Marvel character, so unlikely that he'd be in Injustice.

Starro The Star Conqueror OTOH...
Proving Ground Championship Wrestling: Weekly TV based E-Fed
#FLSoverMLS

My YouTube Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhF75 ... TfnVvGi8hw WATCH LIKE SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND TO PEOPLE PLZ

User avatar
CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Sat May 20, 2017 12:50 pm

October Raven wrote:
ControlFrenzy wrote:
El Marsh wrote:Well, if you ever want to know what it's like to get tentacle-raped, I recommend fighting the boss character of Injustice 2

Spoiler: show
It's Brainiac, of course, though Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing also have a couple of tentacle attacks


Definitely a NRS boss character.

Okay, so it's definitely not Shuma-Gorath. :lol:


Well, Shuma-Gorath is a Marvel character, so unlikely that he'd be in Injustice.

That was the joke. :?
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.


User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby forties2002 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Beginning episode 4 of the new Telltale TWD game. Just like the TV show, it seems season 3 is more focused on a story between survivors and the zombies are a side note. Interesting meeting the new characters and seeing how much Clementine has grown.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
Nth
Community Member
Posts: 986
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Nth » Sun May 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Loving the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam beta. Still has some of that pre-release wonkiness in the controls and movement, and the typical lengthy and infuriating learning curve that comes with this series of sim oriented FPS games. But it still has that gritty level of realism found throughout the series, and the sound effects are just so amazing. Artillery barrages, helicopter attack runs, napalm strikes are both visually and audibly impressive, even moreso being actually caught in one or being near one as the concussive force of them screws with your soldiers equilibrium.

So far has a nice mix of maps including the infamous Hamburger Hill and the siege of Hue.
Gameplay completely removes the one man army mechanic found in a lot of online shooters and working with your squad and platoon is essential to survival. You will die a lot if you don't play conservatively, this plays completely different than a twitch shooter. Firing full auto screws your aim, wastes your very limited ammo and you generally don't hit anything. Your best chance of getting kills is working with your squad as a fire team. Going off on your own is guaranteed death.

Full release is due at the end of the Month.

Here's some house to house urban fighting in Hue, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkViR5sruto&t=1034s

EDIT: On my last weekend off I put in almost 14 consecutive hours into the final build of the game. Haven't played an online FPS that consistently online since the original Red Orchestra on PC and MAG on PS3. Came home from night shift looking forward to playing and need a 1.4gig patch, which means on my connection I won't be playing today. At least it should be ready for my three day weekend starting on Friday. Gonna log on as soon as I get home from tonight's night shift.

User avatar
hellboyhitscar
Hail the Villain
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby hellboyhitscar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Playing mostly Switch titles atm. Slowly going back and completing everything in BotW. All shrines, sidequests and whatnot are cleared but now I'm hunting the ridiculous amount of Korok Seeds down. A handful of FireBros including myself, CA, Lex, Book, TWK, and Rob have been having great times during online play with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Minecraft. Switch Gang 4 Life.

Aside from that I'm still simming FPR and working back through Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Fire Emblem on my 3DS.

Oh and I'm pretty addicted to Trailer Park Boys Greasy Money on Android.

User avatar
Nth
Community Member
Posts: 986
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Nth » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:03 am

Psych Ward DLC now available for Prison Architect if anyone is playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTe_O_Zrf8g

I don't know what Nier Automata is, but it's on sale on Amazon so I bought a copy. Also E3 week coming up so Amazon will be starting their E3 sale again.

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby forties2002 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 am

Finished up episode 5 and Season 3 of TWD. It was okay, you were introduced to new characters but like I said earlier Zombies were a side note kind of. Will be interested to see if we continue the story with the same characters or will just continue to follow Clementine on her adventures.

I do have a question that i'm sure many of you could answer. If I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, will I like Yakuza 0? Settings are both in Asia, both are action/adventure, and both have linear story lines with a bit of open world thrown in. I know I can't technically compare the two games, but with those 3 points i'm curious for people who have played Yakuza 0 if it's something that would draw me into the game since I liked Sleeping Dogs.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
Jaysin
Community Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:43 pm
Location: The Bowery NYC
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Jaysin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm

WoW
Player Unknown Battlegrounds (So much fun with friends)
Overwatch
Witcher 2
Terraria
WWE2k17
FPR
RimWorld (Surprisingly Addictive)

Debating getting back into FFXIV.
MMO Player, Wrassle Game Lover, Podcaster, Gamer. :hahaha:
TWITTER MACHINE
YOUTUBE
TWITCH

User avatar
AkselVerg
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:20 am
Location: London. UK
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby AkselVerg » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:50 am

Jaysin wrote:WoW
Player Unknown Battlegrounds (So much fun with friends)
Overwatch
Witcher 2
Terraria
WWE2k17
FPR
RimWorld (Surprisingly Addictive)

Debating getting back into FFXIV.

Man, what are you playing at? My PC is barely overloading with overwatch, from Blizzard I can play only to Hearthstone \ WoW, even Hots is going with lag. I've been looking at various forums, many users collect PCs themselves, but for me, all these video cards and hard drives are not cheap at all. At such times, I`m gonna think about buying the console, but I do not know whether you can play on them the same overwatch.
I have a gaming laptop Asus 53SX now.https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G53SX/
Features: i7 2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD Windows 10

I would hate to buy a new PC or console. Maybe you have some advice is there any possibility not to very expensive upgrade it? I was advised to put SSD replacing HDD, which goes initially in this laptop. I found a few reviews on SSDs https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/ssds, and they all differ in both costs and a bunch of incomprehensible characteristics.
-Is it worth it to replace the HDD, or can I upgrade my laptop by other ways?
-If so, how much memory does it need to keep everything working and what type of SSD do you recommend? (Not necessarily from these five, I just gave an example of what I found by myself)
Thank you in advance!

User avatar
Jaysin
Community Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:43 pm
Location: The Bowery NYC
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Jaysin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:34 pm

AkselVerg wrote:
Jaysin wrote:WoW
Player Unknown Battlegrounds (So much fun with friends)
Overwatch
Witcher 2
Terraria
WWE2k17
FPR
RimWorld (Surprisingly Addictive)

Debating getting back into FFXIV.

Man, what are you playing at? My PC is barely overloading with overwatch, from Blizzard I can play only to Hearthstone \ WoW, even Hots is going with lag. I've been looking at various forums, many users collect PCs themselves, but for me, all these video cards and hard drives are not cheap at all. At such times, I`m gonna think about buying the console, but I do not know whether you can play on them the same overwatch.
I have a gaming laptop Asus 53SX now.https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G53SX/
Features: i7 2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD Windows 10

I would hate to buy a new PC or console. Maybe you have some advice is there any possibility not to very expensive upgrade it? I was advised to put SSD replacing HDD, which goes initially in this laptop. I found a few reviews on SSDs https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/ssds, and they all differ in both costs and a bunch of incomprehensible characteristics.
-Is it worth it to replace the HDD, or can I upgrade my laptop by other ways?
-If so, how much memory does it need to keep everything working and what type of SSD do you recommend? (Not necessarily from these five, I just gave an example of what I found by myself)
Thank you in advance!


Looked up your laptop a 560M is a bit outdated for the time.
An SSD would only help with load times at most. If you are planning to play video games on PC you are better spent, upgrading to a new PC. If you don't want to build a Desktop there are plenty of places where you can get a pretty good gaming laptop for a reasonable fee. You just have to say within your budget. The PC I am using to play all of these games in addition to stream is from 2012
You should be able to run all of the games listed for overwatch you would want to dial back your settings to low and make sure your dirvers are up to date.
MMO Player, Wrassle Game Lover, Podcaster, Gamer. :hahaha:
TWITTER MACHINE
YOUTUBE
TWITCH

User avatar
AkselVerg
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:20 am
Location: London. UK
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby AkselVerg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:01 am

Jaysin wrote:
AkselVerg wrote:
Jaysin wrote:WoW
Player Unknown Battlegrounds (So much fun with friends)
Overwatch
Witcher 2
Terraria
WWE2k17
FPR
RimWorld (Surprisingly Addictive)

Debating getting back into FFXIV.

Man, what are you playing at? My PC is barely overloading with overwatch, from Blizzard I can play only to Hearthstone \ WoW, even Hots is going with lag. I've been looking at various forums, many users collect PCs themselves, but for me, all these video cards and hard drives are not cheap at all. At such times, I`m gonna think about buying the console, but I do not know whether you can play on them the same overwatch.
I have a gaming laptop Asus 53SX now.https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G53SX/
Features: i7 2GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD Windows 10

I would hate to buy a new PC or console. Maybe you have some advice is there any possibility not to very expensive upgrade it? I was advised to put SSD replacing HDD, which goes initially in this laptop. I found a few reviews on SSDs https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/ssds, and they all differ in both costs and a bunch of incomprehensible characteristics.
-Is it worth it to replace the HDD, or can I upgrade my laptop by other ways?
-If so, how much memory does it need to keep everything working and what type of SSD do you recommend? (Not necessarily from these five, I just gave an example of what I found by myself)
Thank you in advance!


Looked up your laptop a 560M is a bit outdated for the time.
An SSD would only help with load times at most. If you are planning to play video games on PC you are better spent, upgrading to a new PC. If you don't want to build a Desktop there are plenty of places where you can get a pretty good gaming laptop for a reasonable fee. You just have to say within your budget. The PC I am using to play all of these games in addition to stream is from 2012
You should be able to run all of the games listed for overwatch you would want to dial back your settings to low and make sure your dirvers are up to date.

That's the problem with the budget - it is not very good) I'm a student ... So, a replacement for SSD does not help much? What about the extra RAM slots? Can it at least help? Overwatch is already on the minimum parameters, but the game sometimes slows down, it is difficult to aim.

User avatar
Jaysin
Community Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:43 pm
Location: The Bowery NYC
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Jaysin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:56 pm

An extra 8gb making total 16gb would help. What is your student budget?
MMO Player, Wrassle Game Lover, Podcaster, Gamer. :hahaha:
TWITTER MACHINE
YOUTUBE
TWITCH

User avatar
Mister Zurkon
Community Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Mister Zurkon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:00 am

Going through Shadow Warrior 2 right now.

It's pretty good, but the Looting aspect of it really kills the pace, and the story is really disjointed next to the first one.

User avatar
Nth
Community Member
Posts: 986
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Nth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am

From the creators of Resogun, what is being touted as the spiritual successor to classic twin stick shooters like Robotron and Smash TV, Nex Machina - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHCOIzQds0

User avatar
Professor Voodoo
Mad Scientist Of Editing
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Professor Voodoo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 am

Call it more testing the characters for a possible World run, but MDickie's Wrestling Revolution, which is quite fun. (the original, i'm not paying for flipping exhibition mode on the 3D one)
It's not enough to look like an edit to be an edit. You have to act like them too.

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Professor_ ... pid=564230

User avatar
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 am
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby fullMETAL » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 pm

So last week, I got back into a game from my childhood - Mission: IMPOSSIBLE for the N64.
Back then when I played it, it was a frustrating almost-slog (but still better than the NES one which doesn't tell you how to do jack shit), but cheat codes made it beatable.
So I've been going through the game to basically refresh myself on it, because I plan on doing a full LP (or something closer to a "video walkthrough and review" than an LP) of it in the hopefully near future.
I just gotta say: WHAT. A. MESS.
I'll give a full review on the game when I make my video(s) on it, but the nutshell summary is that the controls are sluggish (basically a 1st-gen N64 game in that regard), the aiming on weapons is god-awful, and objectives aren't very clear on HOW to accomplish them.
Enemy AI wildly varies between a scarecrow who walks and an auto-aiming juggernaut with no middle ground.
I'm literally only going to be doing the LP videos for it for 1) nostalgia's sake, 2) a comprehensive walkthrough and review to warn people away from this game, and 3) ideas for a Mission: Impossible TV series reboot-quel focusing on Candice Parker from this very game (my dream casting for her would be Sarah Shahi from Person Of Interest ~~~~ <3 ).
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

User avatar
forties2002
Community Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: KC

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby forties2002 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:32 am

fullMETAL wrote:So last week, I got back into a game from my childhood - Mission: IMPOSSIBLE for the N64.
Back then when I played it, it was a frustrating almost-slog (but still better than the NES one which doesn't tell you how to do jack shit), but cheat codes made it beatable.
So I've been going through the game to basically refresh myself on it, because I plan on doing a full LP (or something closer to a "video walkthrough and review" than an LP) of it in the hopefully near future.
I just gotta say: WHAT. A. MESS.
I'll give a full review on the game when I make my video(s) on it, but the nutshell summary is that the controls are sluggish (basically a 1st-gen N64 game in that regard), the aiming on weapons is god-awful, and objectives aren't very clear on HOW to accomplish them.
Enemy AI wildly varies between a scarecrow who walks and an auto-aiming juggernaut with no middle ground.
I'm literally only going to be doing the LP videos for it for 1) nostalgia's sake, 2) a comprehensive walkthrough and review to warn people away from this game, and 3) ideas for a Mission: Impossible TV series reboot-quel focusing on Candice Parker from this very game (my dream casting for her would be Sarah Shahi from Person Of Interest ~~~~ <3 ).


I liked that game too. But like a lot of older games, when I went back to play them they felt sluggish of course. One in particular was Syphon Filter, easily one of my favorite PS1 games of all time. For the N64 did you ever play the Syphon Filter knock off, WinBack? I thought it was pretty cool too, but I wonder what it would be like to try to play it today.
Whoop that trick

User avatar
fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 am
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby fullMETAL » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:23 pm

I played Hybrid Heaven most of the way through, and THAT game is on my queue to LP later on. :)
Saw videos of WinBack, didn't play it.
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

User avatar
CF_Dawnbr3ak3r
Community Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 am

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby CF_Dawnbr3ak3r » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:02 am

I picked up River City Ransom: Underground and Hotline Miami 1 an 2 during the Steam sale. I'm gonna end up giving my anger problems anger problems at the rate I'm going.
The_PR_Dragon wrote:Dragons, Emus, and Wolves are all hearing impaired. Sounds about right.


User avatar
Big Kyle
Community Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 am
Location: Southfield, MI
Contact:

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby Big Kyle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 am

Same here . . . well just the new River City game, I already owned Hotline Miami. It was after all the Kickstarter game I donated to so off course I would be playing the shit out of it.
Just another creator projecting his ideas through a wrestling game. Like this one!

User avatar
sonny615
First FPCPP Champion
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Israel

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby sonny615 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:19 pm

I played quite a lot of WWE Supercard recently but realized it's way too grindy and is taking up way too much of my time so I deleted it.
This is the 2nd time I delete this game. Never had bigger love-hate feelings for a game so I guess I'll go back to it again some day.

Other than that just passing the time with casual Hearthstone, Duelyst, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm games here and there.
All I really do is wait for FPW.

I also started Undertale recently, as I heard it's really good. About an hour in, so can't really formulate an opinion yet.

Oooh and I played some Gwent too, which instead of making me play more Gwent, actually made me wanna play the Witcher 2.
My first run with the Witcher 2 didn't go so well as I couldn't get used to the controls. It is much better and I already passed the point where I stopped last time (the tutorial, lol). It's gorgeous and not only visually. The world, the characters and interactions between them. Still, don't play it as consistently as I'd like. Be it lack of time or lack of focus.

It's all about getting to Monday (or Tuesday, in my case).

User avatar
tigermuppetcut
Community Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby tigermuppetcut » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Siphon Filter was amazing waaaay better than Metal Gear IMO.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests