Games you are playing! (#2034)

brick9mm
Community Member

Re: Games you are playing! (#2034)

Postby brick9mm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 am

Finished up Fallout and Fallout 2 a few weeks ago. Intended on working my way through all the SNES JRPGs I haven't played on my Everdrive but with the announcement of Fire Pro World, I probably won't play anything but Fire Pro until Early Access.

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:54 pm

[quote="Theamashoon"]Playing Until Dawn on PS4. Good for the price . Paid $20.[/quote

I enjoyed having control over how 8 characters would react. And it definitely had the feel of the 80s horror flicks. And the meetings with your shrink is a different twist on letting you know how you performed in a level.
Whoop that trick

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Now Playing For Honor in BOOST MODE!!! Have a 5tb external HD on the way to hook up to the Pro as well and free up some HD space so I can fill up the internal again.

Torvar
Community Member

Postby Torvar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm

been playing destiny, borderlands the handsome collection and fallout 4 hard trying to split time between the 3 especially with the new bungie announcement yesterday.

wet_dog_smell
needs a bath

Postby wet_dog_smell » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Pure Pool, cuesports are one of my passions so I bought it from PS Store for just over £5. Highly recommended.

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Going to get UMvC3 PC hopefully this week, and then train my ass off to git gud with She-Hulk because she's one-third of my main team (with Chun-Li and Phoenix).
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

sonny615
First FPCPP Champion

Postby sonny615 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:53 am

I finally started Mass Effect 3. Pretty nice so far, I hope I'll have the patience to finish it.

Also casually playing Duelyst & Hearthstone, while waiting for expansions in both.

cominattraction
Community Member

Postby cominattraction » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn and Trails of Cold Steel 2 for story purposes. Then I'm playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands casually with friends and family. I'm okay with completing this over time since the co-op is so fun. Finally, I'm casually switching between BlazBlue: Central Fiction and KOF XIV as time passers with the intent of buying Chaos Code when it releases. I'm hoping to complete both of my story games (though I'll settle for just one) before Persona 5 releases.

Malcolmthebeast
Community Member

Postby Malcolmthebeast » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:55 am

I stopped playing Pokemon Sun & Moon out of boredom. I usually like to play Killer Instinct (especially while I wait for the digital version of Tekken 7 to be released).
Fuck Ategai. Don't settle for bullshit fictional wrestling moves that disrespects a wrestler who already paid his dues.
Fuck Yukes. They still make fake wrestling games for WWE fans.
Skulls all day (shout out to the Bullet Club)!! #HeelTurn

fullMETAL
Belt-Designing Crayonicorn

Postby fullMETAL » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Gonna be recording games for LPs once I've gotten OBS and other game capping stuff worked out.
First ones are gonna short-and-simple things like fucking around in Not Tetris, MK9, and various emulators to compare framerate fidelity in my captures (so far, OBS is actually hit-or-miss on that).
Escargot in 5 minutes or your dignity back!

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 pm

External finally arrived and I'm currently transferring games over to clear up some room to install Horizon and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Also bought the Battlefield 1 and Wildlands season passes today.

TheHandsomeLuchadore

Postby TheHandsomeLuchadore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Crusader Kings II. So I did a thing as the Wendish Emperor the other day.

Basically, noticed that I had a weak claim on the Holy Roman Empire and the current Kaiser was in regency. He had 4x the troops...who were busy off in Jersualem defending against a Jihad. Had much more money, but he made more per month. So I bought myself a reasonably priced mercenary band, combined my roughly 10k army with them, stormed to the capital, and sieged the counties around it. Barely a year and a half of effort, no actual battles, and I find myself being a dual Emperor.

Not all's roses, gonna likely lose the HRE upon my rulers death, but I did a jerk move and I'm proud of it.

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:36 am

TheHandsomeLuchadore wrote:Crusader Kings II. So I did a thing as the Wendish Emperor the other day.

Basically, noticed that I had a weak claim on the Holy Roman Empire and the current Kaiser was in regency. He had 4x the troops...who were busy off in Jersualem defending against a Jihad. Had much more money, but he made more per month. So I bought myself a reasonably priced mercenary band, combined my roughly 10k army with them, stormed to the capital, and sieged the counties around it. Barely a year and a half of effort, no actual battles, and I find myself being a dual Emperor.

Not all's roses, gonna likely lose the HRE upon my rulers death, but I did a jerk move and I'm proud of it.

How is the combat in these games handled? Auto-resolved or manually controlled. This reminds me a lot of the Medieval Total War games which I absolutely loved.

TheHandsomeLuchadore

Postby TheHandsomeLuchadore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 am

Auto-resolved. Martial skill, commanders, terrain, climate, and other factors all play a role. Combat itself isn't much to write home about, just watching one army dude (representing your troops) clashing with another army dude (representing your enemy) and watching to see whose troop numbers dwindle first.

Besides, CK II is more about the stories you can tell and the terrible things you do in the name of your dynasty's survival.
Case in point I've:
  • That particular save, had my starting ruler's first wife assassinated so I could betroth myself to the illegitimate daughter of the former King of Hungary so I could press her claim on the throne a couple decades later.

Other games featured:
  • Having a lover arrested after her husband brought her to me for judgment (ironically, he didn't know that I was who she was sleeping with. She was later burnt at the stake (you don't get to choose the method of execution in the game, wasn't my call)
  • An eleven year old assassinated to get around a truce I had with a neighbor.
  • A duke I was playing as had a special bond with his sister....in more ways than one.
  • Yeah, incest can happen in this game. Heck, there's an achievement for having a child with the Inbred trait.
  • Seriously, with the Way of Life expansion and the Seduction focus, lots of inappropriate things can happen.
  • Torture your prisoners with terrible poetry (which I've done) and cannibalize them (which I haven't)

Fuee
Community Member

Postby Fuee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:14 pm

I've been doing suit-only Silent Assassin runs in Hitman: Blood Money. I'm at Dance with the Devil and I have no idea how I'm going to pull it off, 'cause I'm generally terrible at exploiting the AI's little quirks.

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Just bought TellTale TWD season 3. Still playing TellTale Batman too. Batman is great, & TWD should be good if it's like the first 2 seasons
Whoop that trick

theking
Community Member

Postby theking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

im waiting on gates of hell for pc

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 am

Mass Effect Andromeda shipped today which probably means I should open up the PS3 trilogy and play through that first. Also got No Man's Sky and Attack on Titan while they were discounted on Amazon. Meanwhile the progress of backing up my PS4 collection to my external HD continues slowly.

Installing the games is easy, waiting for the patches to download takes forever. I'm literally leaving my system on in rest mode downloading. Currently on Hitman, which has almost 20gigs of patching to do as it includes a bonus chapter. So that's going to be close to a solid week of downloading just that, except when I have to stop to use my PC as they share an ethernet cord.

Mister Zurkon
Community Member

Postby Mister Zurkon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Picked up Andromeda. Definitely a notable lack of polish, compared to the other games. Biggest problem with the facial animations is the eyes. They're lifeless, and its almost like they don'tknow what to do with them. They're like Ricky Bobby's hands in Talledega or Lord Alfred Hayes at the first Wrestlemania.

Now all that said, I'm still really enjoying ghe game, and you will too if you like exploration.

Will
Community Member

Postby Will » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Nth wrote:Mass Effect Andromeda shipped today which probably means I should open up the PS3 trilogy and play through that first. Also got No Man's Sky and Attack on Titan while they were discounted on Amazon. Meanwhile the progress of backing up my PS4 collection to my external HD continues slowly.

Installing the games is easy, waiting for the patches to download takes forever. I'm literally leaving my system on in rest mode downloading. Currently on Hitman, which has almost 20gigs of patching to do as it includes a bonus chapter. So that's going to be close to a solid week of downloading just that, except when I have to stop to use my PC as they share an ethernet cord.

Considering Andromeda takes place 600 years after the original trilogy and is, at best, tangentially connected, you don't need to play the original trilogy at all. It's a fantastic trilogy (ish, 3's ending was terrible), but you don't need to play any of the trilogy to play Andromeda.
(omg that's clickable and will take you to SHTCW: a!)
Steam Workshop!

forties2002
Community Member

Postby forties2002 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Anyone played Ghost Recon? If so, can you toggle between 1st & 3rd person?
Whoop that trick

Nth
Community Member

Postby Nth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:36 pm

forties2002 wrote:Anyone played Ghost Recon? If so, can you toggle between 1st & 3rd person?

Yes, but only when shooting.

MichaelPayne
Community Member

Postby MichaelPayne » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Fignuts wrote:Picked up Andromeda. Definitely a notable lack of polish, compared to the other games. Biggest problem with the facial animations is the eyes. They're lifeless, and its almost like they don'tknow what to do with them. They're like Ricky Bobby's hands in Talledega or Lord Alfred Hayes at the first Wrestlemania.

Now all that said, I'm still really enjoying ghe game, and you will too if you like exploration.

I've been having fun with it so far .. and i don't really notice the animations so much, I grew up playing Duck Hunt. This game is fantastic.

Fignuts
Community Member

Postby Fignuts » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, I basically only mentioned it for people who care about that kind of stuff. I was an NES kid too so its not affecting my enjoyment at all.